Trump

Luxor has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Re: Trump

Post by Who2 »

Well over the next four years as they say in their song "It's gonna be a bumpy ride fella's
I wonder what odds the bookies are giving on an attempted 'deniable operation.

Bet homeland security, cia & fbi are all pleading their cases right this minute for extra funding.
Personally from the American viewpoint of 'personalities he has to go out with a big bang, but not before
he's had his couple of years of megalomania.......
"an praise be the Lord for America" and all Americans and all their super-heroes..
Who end up paralysed in wheel chairs...
"To dream the impossible dream" A.Williams.

"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Horus wrote:
Dusak wrote:
Horus wrote:Lets try and keep this on topic folks ;)
Good luck with that one Horus. :lol:
:lol: :lol: I agree Dusak, and although a little divergence is OK, sometimes they can veer off in a totally new direction ;)
I think that this one could of been headed towards a legal aid's proclamation. :lol:

Trump has had his lets keep the undesirables out ruling temporally halted by a court judgement. Seems that the first few hours of it being implemented created complete mayhem at the airports with all being refused entry or being detained whether they had a valid entry visa or not. He obviously thought that the American people wouldn't have a problem with this blot on human rights.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

I agree he does seem to jump in with both feet, but unlike other elected politicians he does seem to keep his word. We have to remember that he is the elected President and whatever we may think about it he did say before he was elected just what he intended to do if he won, so we should not be surprised with what he has done so far.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Sometimes political promises are too vague to keep...or are worded in a way which means different things to different people :tk

Fortunately, the US has a robust constitution and legal system to protect us from some of his more bizarre intentions...hopefully :urm:

He's already back pedaled on the water boarding idea. I think he'll have to revise his blanket embargo on "undesirables" too. Not that it will bother him...."thick skinned" doesn't begin to describe this guy.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Really you cannot complain regarding US immigration policies when the same is happening where you live.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Major Thom wrote:Really you cannot complain regarding US immigration policies when the same is happening where you live.
:a17:

Are we talking about Trump's executive order re visas?

Certainly isn't where I live....or indeed any country I've heard of.

Apart perhaps from Democratic People's Republic of Korea. :tk
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

The problem with the peripatetic MT is that we are never quite sure where he is when he makes these comments, he could be somewhere else and talking about Egypt, or he could be in Egypt and talking about the UK. :ni:
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Horus wrote:The problem with the peripatetic MT is that we are never quite sure where he is when he makes these comments, he could be somewhere else and talking about Egypt, or he could be in Egypt and talking about the UK. :ni:
Wherever he is, he's talking out of his ar*e. :urm:

Although he's done nothing to enact it, Trump, going by some of his recent statements, would probably like to restrict entry to USA to those who demonstrably appreciate and love the place.

A similar policy by Egypt would see MT banned from here forever :lol:
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Don't worry Newc. Once I have gone, visa's and all the shyte that goes with them, having to keep my mouth shut like others for fear of no renewal, will be out of the window, wait and see. There is no way I would return, not even for a 1 night stop over, or anything. If I won a weeks holiday I would give it away. I am used to an organized life, where if I want something I can get it without fear of anything. If I live in another Country I want to be made feel welcome, not treated like something the cat has brought in. These things are now absent, the joy of living full time here has gone, I can no longer go on listening to lies, seeing excruciating poverty, putting up with corruption, having to pay commission to people that have done nothing, it's not really commission it's extortion. The other week I overheard a telephone call, due to the language barrier, a local got on the phone, demanding 1000le, for what this guy had done nothing, and I had never met him, never will do, and never want to. Oh! Just so you can arrange a celebration party among yourselves, my leaving date is 14th March 2017. The time for me normally goes fast, but this date is taking ages to come around. Let me give you all an example of things that have happened in the past few weeks, I wanted 4 X 1 cubic metre, crates to ship our clothes and personal effects, the cost was going to be 1000le per crate, plus transporting them to where I live, I thought handpg on a minute, I paid to have your ground floor ceramics laid so your children did not have to scramble about on dirt floors, I gave you desert coolers to keep you cool in the Summer, I had benches made up for you to sit on, so why am I paying for transport, I never charged yo for it when you took the item from me. My wife threw our shoes the other week, some pairs where very expensive, they had been in the skips sorting them out, sawing off the heels to make them flat. One woman knocked on the gate to show us how she looked in them with the heels cut off. I have seen men in my shirts, and good trousers working on the land and now they are filthy. Ok we did not want these, but the cheek some people have in saying that think of us before you throw out things. We do think of them now, everything we throw out we shread and cut to pieces. We got the crates in the end at half price, thanks to a family who wanted to move and appreciated us supplying them with 4 months rental up front to help then. It's all a one way effort here, you give and we take. Not for us I'm afraid. Our place has just been decorated, the following day we got up to find football marks over the outside wall. When I went berserk all you could hear was laughter, from the parents as well, when I knifed the ball the laughter soon stopped, and things have been peaceful since. I even told them it's not a laughing matter, and if you want to laugh, Iwould wipe the smiles from their faces, ignorants chuffs.
You can tell now I have had enough of this place, I am no longer willing to submit to the shyte that comes my way, no longer will I put up with idleness and corruption from all walks of life, I will help anyone, but when it's thrown back in my face, deliver all barrels available. Because I am a male, I will no longer accept, that women do not know what's going on, that's rubbish. If they want to put up with slavery, make domination for the sake of living here that's up to them, it's not my life and never will be. But from experience a lot of women need to put their hand on their heads and look what's stood underneath, maybe say to themselves, what the hell am I doing and what's my future. On saying that though they will maybe still lye ypto themselves. An Extremely angry MAJOR. A fed up MAJOR, and a MAJOR that took almost 8 years to see the light due to being blinded by surrounds. Unfortunately I have much traveling to do over the weeks ahead so where am I well that's anyone's guess.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

What a sad sad post, 8 years of a life wasted learnt nothing.
Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Yildez »

I wonder what will happen to MTs house? Will he really burn it down? :tk
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

One thinks if he did he would not be allowed to exit stage left.
One also thinks that his is a road well travelled.
One also thinks life 'down under will be just as full of moans & groans.
One also thinks his cup has always been half empty rather than half full.... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

At least the dog has been sorted.

I'm sure Mr Angry of Djorff will be missed by his neighbours.

And the kids can resume demolishing his villa with their football.
Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Yildez »

What's happened to the dog then Newcastle? Please don't tell me that he's killed it?
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

I have to say that reading that posts was very enlightening but very sad, it was full of despair, anger and frustration. We are witnessing someone who is at the end of his tether and is desperately seeking a way out of a problem of his own making. Many of us can remember the ‘new broom’ who swept into Egypt with all the enthusiasm to build better, employ better people to do the work and integrate into society and to bring his expertise into local life. At the time many tried to enlighten him and warned against the various pitfalls, but it all fell upon deaf ears, his retirement to paradise had already been mapped out. It is obvious from the tone of his post that the sooner he is somewhere else the better it will be for his health and his sanity, not forgetting that of his poor wife who must be suffering also. At least stabbing footballs and shredding clothes will relief some of that frustration and hopefully stop him from doing something he will regret if his anger gets the better of him. Dr Who has given the best advice inasmuch as he may want to raze his villa to the ground he should be careful not to do anything that may get him a longer stay in Egypt than he intended. I fear that regardless of where he ends up it will eventually be the same, the gloss will wear off and the cracks will start to show and once again the anger and frustration will emerge, slowly at first then building up to a crescendo. I do wish you well MT, but you really need to sit back and chill until you leave in March otherwise your sanity may well suffer.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Yildez wrote:What's happened to the dog then Newcastle? Please don't tell me that he's killed it?
I've no idea..

He seemed set on a path to have it put down....but who knows....maybe it was just a "joke" (he does have a weird sense of humour).

Maybe he's reconsidered and found it a new home.

I'd assume it has been, or will be, humanely destroyed....unless MT cares to inform us differently.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

Nothing a piece of 4 x 2 cant resolve.... :tk Wot :wi
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Major Thom wrote:. Let me give you all an example of things that have happened in the past few weeks, I wanted 4 X 1 cubic metre, crates to ship our clothes and personal effects, the cost was going to be 1000le per crate, plus transporting them to where I live, I thought handpg on a minute, I paid to have your ground floor ceramics laid so your children did not have to scramble about on dirt floors, I gave you desert coolers to keep you cool in the Summer, I had benches made up for you to sit on, so why am I paying for transport, I never charged yo for it when you took the item from me.

There is an awful lot of 'I's' in there. The shout to me of a selfish attitude. Back to your colonial type persona, giving to be seen as Mr. Big and expecting the serfs (local folk) to do your bidding when you want. When you 'paid', 'gave', 'had made' did you do this as a free will gesture? If not, did you enter into any contract of agreement that stated in doing those things at the time the recipient would later pay you back either financially or in kind?
Major Thom wrote:My wife threw our shoes the other week, some pairs where very expensive, they had been in the skips sorting them out, sawing off the heels to make them flat. One woman knocked on the gate to show us how she looked in them with the heels cut off. I have seen men in my shirts, and good trousers working on the land and now they are filthy. Ok we did not want these, but the cheek some people have in saying that think of us before you throw out things. We do think of them now, everything we throw out we shread and cut to pieces. We got the crates in the end at half price, thanks to a family who wanted to move and appreciated us supplying them with 4 months rental up front to help then. It's all a one way effort here, you give and we take. Not for us I'm afraid. Our place has just been decorated, the following day we got up to find football marks over the outside wall. When I went berserk all you could hear was laughter, from the parents as well, when I knifed the ball the laughter soon stopped, and things have been peaceful since. I even told them it's not a laughing matter, and if you want to laugh, Iwould wipe the smiles from their faces, ignorants chuffs.[/b]

What on earth are you complaining about? You and your wife had no further need for the items, no matter how expensive they were in the first place. Having thrown them out they were in effect no longer your property. If someone else has had the good fortune to come across these items and use/recycle them, then surely that has to be a good thing. Of course, as these items were in such good condition, and not really rubbish, you could have given them to a charity shop - there is at least one,if not more, in Luxor these days. That way your no longer wanted items would have benefited more folks - and you could of had the satisfaction of knowing that your cast offs had been bought by others who would appreciate them, and had done more good.

Why on earth would you bother decorating your place, especially if you are going to raze it to the ground! I would have thought football marks on a wall were a fairly normal thing to see in Luxor - I can think of worse things. Sure, it must be irritating to see that first dirt mark, it always is, but it really is not the end of the world.
Major Thom wrote: I will help anyone,

:urm: Clearly not... unless there is something in it for you it would seem.
Major Thom wrote: An Extremely angry MAJOR. A fed up MAJOR, and a MAJOR that took almost 8 years to see the light due to being blinded by surrounds. Unfortunately I have much traveling to do over the weeks ahead so where am I well that's anyone's guess.
A Major that is in increased risk of a heart attack or aneurysm before he ever leaves Egypt and reaches his new destination.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

John Landon wrote:Nothing a piece of 4 x 2 cant resolve.... :tk Wot :wi
I think one or two members were considering that option....as a way to save the dog ;)
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

newcastle wrote:
John Landon wrote:Nothing a piece of 4 x 2 cant resolve.... :tk Wot :wi
I think one or two members were considering that option....as a way to save the dog ;)
There could be no complaint. After all, it is a tried and trusty method as used by Major Thom himself (well one of his selves anyway!)
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley