Keith Vaz

Luxor has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Re: Keith Vaz

Post by Zooropa »

A-Four wrote:
Horus wrote:A4, the majority of Ugandan Asians were expelled from the country in 1972 and not the late 80’s as you stated, at that point in time hardly any Asians were remained there. They were given 90 days to leave by the then military ruler Idi Amin when he threatened to expel over 80,000 Asians, he later amended this to be all Asians who were not Ugandan citizens and that covered around 60,000 of them, the UK was obligated to take in about 27,000.
Yes, you are correct Horus, I meant to write late 60's, but yes it must have been 1972 because that was about the time of my first ever visit to Leicester. They had a reception centre set up for these poor people as they arrived at Leicester Railway Station.

P.S. - For your reference Zoo, that was the time when the present day The Last Plantagenet on Granby Street, was a large furniture shop on two or three floors called Waring & Gillow.

Before my time dear chap - but interesting to know. :lol:

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Zooropa wrote:
A-Four wrote:
Horus wrote:A4, the majority of Ugandan Asians were expelled from the country in 1972 and not the late 80’s as you stated, at that point in time hardly any Asians were remained there. They were given 90 days to leave by the then military ruler Idi Amin when he threatened to expel over 80,000 Asians, he later amended this to be all Asians who were not Ugandan citizens and that covered around 60,000 of them, the UK was obligated to take in about 27,000.
Yes, you are correct Horus, I meant to write late 60's, but yes it must have been 1972 because that was about the time of my first ever visit to Leicester. They had a reception centre set up for these poor people as they arrived at Leicester Railway Station.

P.S. - For your reference Zoo, that was the time when the present day The Last Plantagenet on Granby Street, was a large furniture shop on two or three floors called Waring & Gillow.

Before my time dear chap - but interesting to know. :lol:
:a22:
It's all before A-Four's time too if we are to believe his given age.
:a80: :a21:
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

...............and, Hepzibah did you for even one moment ever think that I might be anything more than a humble West Bank road sweeper.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

A-Four wrote:...............and, Hepzibah did you for even one moment ever think that I might be anything more than a humble West Bank road sweeper.
I've never given it any thought. I can think of better ways of using my time. I do know a West Bank road sweeper, but he's certainly not you.
-Aldous Huxley
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

HEPZIBAH wrote:
A-Four wrote:...............and, Hepzibah did you for even one moment ever think that I might be anything more than a humble West Bank road sweeper.
I do know a West Bank road sweeper, but he's certainly not you.
Oh really, anyhow our secret will remain so, by the way,........why you no write, you come soon, happy moon wait for you. :wi .
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

A-Four wrote:
HEPZIBAH wrote:
I do know a West Bank road sweeper, but he's certainly not you.
Oh really, anyhow our secret will remain so, by the way,........why you no write, you come soon, happy moon wait for you. :wi .
A-Four, you are confused. Happy Moon was a Chinese aquaintance of mine who used to 'wait' at table.
-Aldous Huxley
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

HEPZIBAH wrote: :a22:
Are you seriously telling me here that you along with everyone else gives the full details of their date of birth on this or any other forum or for that matter any internet site, including Facebook.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

A-Four wrote:
HEPZIBAH wrote: :a22:
Are you seriously telling me here that you along with everyone else gives the full details of their date of birth on this or any other forum or for that matter any internet site, including Facebook.
A-Four, I am sure that you know that a lady never reveals her age. :a37: :a35:
-Aldous Huxley