Expected wind-turbine deal

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Expected wind-turbine deal

Post by BENNU »

Vestas shares rise on expected turbine deal with Egypt

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-vesta ... SKCN10X1QA

"Shares in Danish wind-turbine maker Vestas (VWS.CO) rose almost 5 percent on Monday after a minister said it expects to sign a cooperation agreement with the Egyptian government worth up to 2 billion euros ($2.3 billion).

The agreement could lead to as much as 2.2 gigawatt (GW) of orders, the Danish ministry of energy, utilities and climate said in a statement.

Energy Minister Lars Lilleholt is visiting Egypt on Aug. 22 and 23 to lobby for the deal.

"Vestas is continuing discussions with the authorities and we expect ...to sign the cooperation agreement, some time shortly after the trip, maybe during," Vestas' Chief Press Officer, Michael Zarin told Reuters.

He underlined that the agreement could amount to up to 2.2 gigawatts through multiple orders, rather than a single order.

Vestas shares closed 4.8 percent higher at 565 Danish crowns each.

Vestas erected its first turbine in Egypt in 1995 and currently provides turbines for 10 percent of Egypt's wind power.

Its second-quarter results showed 46 percent revenue growth and an increase in operating profit before special items of 175 percent, sending its shares up 9 percent. It said orders in the second quarter totalled 1,790 MW."

(Reporting by Nikolaj Skydsgaard; Editing by Ruth Pitchford)

:mo

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Expected wind-turbine deal

Post by Dusak »

If they used the wind regularly generated on this forum they could do it for a fraction of that cost. :cg
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

:fart: It wouldn't smell so good.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

BENNU wrote::fart: It wouldn't smell so good.
I was, of course, referring to the verbal kind. And this brings me to a more important point, my fart icon has disappeared. :cry:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Dusak wrote
And this brings me to a more important point, my fart icon has disappeared. :cry:
Try clicking on the "view more smilies" text, then at the next window that shows all the new emoticons, (which should be page 1) click on 'next' and it should be at the top of page 2 :up