Yearly Pass to sites & museums

Luxor is ancient Thebes and has a fascinating past. Share your knowledge or ask your questions here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Yearly Pass to sites & museums

Post by newcastle »

This looks attractive....even if you're here on a tourist visa

Starting from September, Ministry of Antiquities will offer a yearly pass to all sites and museums in Egypt except (Queen Nefertari tomb and Seti I tomb) for 3400 Egyptian pounds to foreigners and Arab nationalities residents in Egypt and for 2900 pounds to foreigners who are working for foreign diplomatic missions and international organisations in Egypt.

The same pass including Nefertari and Seti I tomb is for 4400 Egyptian pounds to foreigners and Arab nationalities residents in Egypt. The same pass for 3900 pounds to foreigners who are working for foreign diplomatic missions and international organisations in Egypt.

As for Luxor, there will be "Luxor Pass" available from beginning of November for tourists and it will be in two type.
One includes all open to public sites and museums except Seti I and Nefertari tombs for 1000 Egyptian pounds and 500 pounds for students.

The second includes all sites open to public including Seti I and Nefertari tombs for 2400 Egyptian pounds and 1200 pounds for students.

http://luxortimesmagazine.blogspot.com. ... y.html?m=1

Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Re: Yearly Pass to sites & museums

Post by Brian Yare »

I read this earlier in the week. To get value from the 5-day Luxor pass one would need to visit nearly every site in the area, including the extras such as Tutankhamun and Ramses VI, and the outdoor museum at Karnak. Or visit the more expensive sites more than once.

I don't think that there will be many takers.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: Yearly Pass to sites & museums

Post by newcastle »

Oops! I hadn't noticed the 5 day bit :oops:

That does rather take the shine off it. Maybe tourists with visa extensions will qualify as 'residents'. We'll have to see.