The BIG circus arrives in Egypt.

Luxor has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

The BIG circus arrives in Egypt.

Post by A-Four »

It is quite a busy week-end in Cairo, the international circus has arrived and each of the performances will certainly decide Egypt's future. It seems we must hope that President Sisi does not send in the clowns AGAIN, being that up until now, that has been the case since before the so called revolution.

The Russian performance has already begun, it has been invited to test the new security measures already in place at certain Egyptian airports. There could be problems on the high wire, however, Russia is still waiting for the Egyptian government to admit that the Russian air crash of October 2015 was caused by terrorists. Yesterday's response from Egypt is that it will issue a full report,............soon.

A group of British MP's are also performing under the big top this week-end, they are doing a 'turn' one might say, being a huge trade mission, which includes B.P., B.G. and to obtain an allusive signature on a document for a $1 Billion deal agreed at Farnbough with Egyptair. The Egyptian press seem to think they are there to also inspect various airports. I suspect this has already been secretly carried out, and results already written up, on a desk in Whitehall.

Finally, but most importantly, as from tomorrow (Saturday), the I.M.F. will grace the ground of this great circus ring, to perform what is expected to be a two week sell out show, even though their star performer Madam Lagarde, will not be in attendance. (Apparently, she's got a few legal problems of her own to sort out in Paris,.......but let's not go there.) Anyhow, the I.M.F intend to do a fantastic juggling act, but unfortunately it has become commonplace in recent years for the Egyptians to send in the clowns to the annoyance of these fantastic tricksters. I have heard that this time a 'rabbit' is going to be pulled out of the 'hat', in the form of one, Mr Hisham Geneina. If this is to be so, then the whole of the entire I.M.F. team could be leaving Egypt before anyone can say,.......'how's about that, then'.

P.S. - Who knows, being their star performer will not be there, the show may be over before it even begins. :wi :wi :wi .

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Re: The BIG circus arrives in Egypt.

Post by Major Thom »

Hope their Visa's are in order, and they got their 25$ visas quite easy at the airport. :lol:
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Have they sorted that simple thing like knowing the right time yet in Egypt ?....8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Who2 wrote:Have they sorted that simple thing like knowing the right time yet in Egypt ?....8)
I would expect that this is the least worry for the Egyptian government at the moment, being that Sisi is hoping to keep everyone in the dark,.......for as long as possible. :wi .
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

As maybe, but it doesn't help the intending visiting 'tourist flying into a derelict Hurharda, now does it ?... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Who2 wrote:As maybe, but it doesn't help the intending visiting 'tourist flying into a derelict Hurharda, now does it ?... 8)
You arrive when you arrive :lol: Time means f-all in Egypt

It's those leaving who have to worry...their departure may be an hour earlier than they were told by their airline :o :o
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Although I do not intend to give a 'splat by splat' commentary on the custard pie throwing by the clowns, it seems they have already been let loose.

As part of a report in El Ahram today, a quite strange statement has been written, "A delegation of British aviation experts visited Cairo International Airport earlier this month for security inspections and are expected, to issue a report on security procedures". quote. If this is true there may be far more serious consequences for Egypt, than ever imagined.

Because the Egyptian authorities were dragging their feet with regards security British Airways suspended its flights INDEFINITELY to and from Sharm-El-Sheikh on 21st June. If, as El Ahram is reporting today that earlier THIS MONTH British security experts visited Cairo Airport, are we now seriously saying that Egypt's flagship airport is now suspect, checks certainly would have been previously made. Have the British reason to worry ?

From my information, not El Ahram, the British government will issue a report of its findings by no later than the end of September 2016.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Well I would have thought that if they had found Cairo unsafe then a report would have been forthcoming a lot earlier than September.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

carrie wrote:Well I would have thought that if they had found Cairo unsafe then a report would have been forthcoming a lot earlier than September.
Sorry Carrie, I did not make this clearer, the September date is for Sharm El Sheikh. If they were to find anything seriously wrong with Cairo, then this would be a whole new ball game.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

A-Four wrote:Although I do not intend to give a 'splat by splat' commentary on the custard pie throwing by the clowns, it seems they have already been let loose.

As part of a report in El Ahram today, a quite strange statement has been written, "A delegation of British aviation experts visited Cairo International Airport earlier this month for security inspections and are expected, to issue a report on security procedures". quote. If this is true there may be far more serious consequences for Egypt, than ever imagined.

Because the Egyptian authorities were dragging their feet with regards security British Airways suspended its flights INDEFINITELY to and from Sharm-El-Sheikh on 21st June. If, as El Ahram is reporting today that earlier THIS MONTH British security experts visited Cairo Airport, are we now seriously saying that Egypt's flagship airport is now suspect, checks certainly would have been previously made. Have the British reason to worry ?

From my information, not El Ahram, the British government will issue a report of its findings by no later than the end of September 2016.
If there's a pony & trap in the circus parade, it seems to have got back to front. According to one report:

"The British delegation headed to Sharm el-Sheikh after a visit to Cairo in the past few days to deliver a message to the British people that Egypt is safe and that British tourists could visit Egypt with confidence"

Not much point in going if you've already made your mind up :lol:

http://www.egyptindependent.com/news/br ... rt-tourism
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Derelict Hurghada? That's not the case, ask any ex oat who lives there or any ex pat who owns a business there. Is someone deluded?
At least Egypt has been given a date, so it's not like a snap inspection of anything, surely one day will be all ship shape.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Major Thom wrote:Derelict Hurghada? That's not the case, ask any ex oat who lives there or any ex pat who owns a business there. Is someone deluded?
At least Egypt has been given a date, so it's not like a snap inspection of anything, surely one day will be all ship shape.
Facetious doesn't suit you MT. :urm:

Hurghada is anything but derelict.......it's more akin to a giant construction site :lol:

Unfortunately....it's been like that for 10 years, come rain or revolution. Personally, I'd prefer derelict.
Hafiz
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Hafiz »

All these official visits by these government/corporate expenses types. So many per diems. Must be lots of new jobs in this. Did the French call these jobs the grande horizontales? But the question would be who would be on top? Will it be Egypt's time?

A-Four - the pesky auditor/hero (there are other published views on him about his ego) is to be pulled (in the racing sense) or pulled out? Do tell if you can.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Hafiz wrote:All these official visits by these government/corporate expenses types. So many per diems. Must be lots of new jobs in this. Did the French call these jobs the grande horizontales? But the question would be who would be on top? Will it be Egypt's time?

A-Four - the pesky auditor/hero (there are other published views on him about his ego) is to be pulled (in the racing sense) or pulled out? Do tell if you can.
If you mean Geneina....he's been sentenced to 1 year in prison.

I imagine he'll be appealing but somehow I don't think he'll be one of the invitees to the party :lol:
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Hafiz wrote: A-Four - the pesky auditor/hero (there are other published views on him about his ego) is to be pulled (in the racing sense) or pulled out? Do tell if you can.
Funny you should mention him Hafiz, he is in fact out on bail, pending his appeal, and believe it or not, he has not been placed under house arrest.
I am told the pigeons are stuffed well, in the Alfie Bay Restaurant. :wi .

P.S. - Not sure, but I understand everything is ready for business as usual at Sharm el Sheikh which will coincide with the re-opening of Terminal 2 at Cairo by mid September. Apparently the new radar system alone for Sharm cost over £4 Million.

P.P.S. - Very busy at the moment, but can tell you that, yes, Egypt has sent out the clowns in full force, hope to get back on here tomorrow. :wi .
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Isn't it Rich, Isn't it real, you in the air me on the ground. Send in the Clowns
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

A-Four wrote: Because the Egyptian authorities were dragging their feet with regards security British Airways suspended its flights INDEFINITELY to and from Sharm-El-Sheikh on 21st June. If, as El Ahram is reporting today that earlier THIS MONTH British security experts visited Cairo Airport, are we now seriously saying that Egypt's flagship airport is now suspect, checks certainly would have been previously made. Have the British reason to worry ?
Well, it seems we have good reason to worry, the Egyptian authorities have postponed the official start of its new security system at Sharm el Sheikh, they say it's because 25% of Falcon staff (private sector security company) are not fully trained. Falcon are to take over 20% of security responsibility at all Egypt's airports.

Meanwhile,..............

Even though the first week of negotiations with the I.M.F. are not even half way through, the clowns seem to have taken over the whole proceedings, while reps from the international banks sit on the old wooden seats,........dumbfounded, eyes raised to the roof of the Big Top.

There are huge problems coming soon for Egypt's poor,........will write more this evening.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

A-Four wrote:
There are huge problems coming soon for Egypt's poor,........will write more this evening.
With some references if you'd be so kind.

I'm sure you've mastered " copy & paste ". No need to disclose secret sources.....just the publicly available stuff.

That way we can all make our own assessment of the veracity of any information :ct
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

newcastle wrote:
A-Four wrote:
With some references if you'd be so kind.

I'm sure you've mastered " copy & paste ". No need to disclose secret sources.....just the publicly available stuff.

That way we can all make our own assessment of the veracity of any information :ct
Being that DJKeefy has given you a gong for the above comment, I will quickly explain. He and I are only too well aware, of a certain person in the past who would often copy certain items of information that I and others would write up on our History Section, and then offer up for either their discussion or blog as original elsewhere. One day that individual was caught 'head handed', to that person's embarrassment, so I am very careful not to give too much detail, as you have perhaps notice.

With regards 'copy & paste' I think you may discover that I have never done this on this site, I find such things very boring, being that members who do so, can not be bothered to offer their opinion, therefore why should others. Anyone who reads the average output by the Egyptian media, and believes it, is in my opinion, a fool, so why copy it. As to my sources, well they are as you say.

In my understanding of forums, opinions are what they are all about.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

A-Four wrote:
In my understanding of forums, opinions are what they are all about.
Opinion.....and transmitting information, wouldn't you agree?

But if all you offer is opinion, fair enough. Your opinion is as valid as anyone's although you sometimes dress it up as information ;)