Mrs Queen...

Luxor has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Mrs Queen...

Post by Who2 »

I just learnt that Mississ Queen owns Regent Street & Ascot, so I looked her up quite a surprise.... 8)

“Queen Elizabeth II the largest landowner on Earth.”
Queen Elizabeth II, head of state of the United Kingdom and of 31 other states and territories, is the legal owner of about 6,600 million acres of land, one sixth of the earth’s non ocean surface.
She is the only person on earth who owns whole countries, and who owns countries that are not her own domestic territory. This land ownership is separate from her role as head of state and is different from other monarchies where no such claim is made – Norway, Belgium, Denmark etc.
The value of her land holding. £17,600,000,000,000 (approx).
This makes her the richest individual on earth. However, there is no way easily to value her real estate. There is no current market in the land of entire countries. At a rough estimate of $5,000 an acre, and based on the sale of Alaska to the USA by the Tsar, and of Louisiana to the USA by France, the Queen’s land holding is worth a notional $33,000,000,000,000 (Thirty three trillion dollars or about £17,600,000,000,000). Her holding is based on the laws of the countries she owns and her land title is valid in all the countries she owns. Her main holdings are Canada, the 2nd largest country on earth, with 2,467 million acres, Australia, the 7th largest country on earth with 1,900 million acres, the Papua New Guinea with114 million acres, New Zealand with 66 million acres and the UK with 60 million acres.
She is the world’s largest landowner by a significant margin. The next largest landowner is the Russian state, with an overall ownership of 4,219 million acres, and a direct ownership comparable with the Queen’s land holding of 2,447 million acres. The 3rd largest landowner is the Chinese state, which claims all of Chinese land, about 2,365 million acres. The 4th largest landowner on earth is the Federal Government of the United States, which owns about one third of the land of the USA, 760 million acres. The fifth largest landowner on earth is the King of Saudi Arabia with 553 million acres

Ps: "I went for a job once in the Palace kitchens, I didn't get it....8)

"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Re: Mrs Queen...

Post by Horus »

You probably didn't own enough land :lol:
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Horus wrote:
Or they may have asked him what he knew about the British constitution, history, monarchy etc. and he spouted the above farrago :lol:

Swiftly shown the door I imagine.....
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Who2 wrote:
Perhaps porridge isn't her majesty's pleasure. ;)
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Horus wrote:
Or enough that he could call his own at the time. :lol: They should hold a world wide referendum, asking, ''would you prefer to allow an OAP in England to be the legal owner of the lands you call your lands and home, or would you prefer to have it returned to you, the people of those lands. I think that it would be a good turn out.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

''would you prefer to allow an OAP in England to be the legal owner of the lands you call your lands and home,
I agree, but be careful, one small change in the question on the referendum ballot paper may not be what you wished for ;)

"''would you prefer to allow an OAP from England to be the legal owner of the lands you call your lands and home" :o :lol: