Rant Alert

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Re: Rant Alert

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

The Membership statistics are quite fascinating.

Of the 3504 users....2865 have never made a post

Less than 100 users have made 100 or more posts.

Of those that post a lot.....the vast majority are still here - and posting.

The forum may not be what it used to be.......but perhaps it never was as some have described.

One or two have died....one or two have left in a huff....but, at first sight, I cannot detect any mass exodus.

Further research beckons......
Definitely interesting stats. Did you note any relationship between when people join and when they post? Does it look like they're joining, sitting a few days (possibly reading) and then posting?

I've kinda wondered if when somebody joins there was an auto reply welcoming them they'd be more apt to post? This might require a technological marvel via cyber world to do but seems to me if somebody passively joins and nothing else happens they'll let the site slide vs becoming actively engaged.

Most sites you join do require you validate your email address or give some indications you've joined. They 'interact' with you which kinda tells me this interaction rather breaks the ice to get them together with the site.

Have wondered how this would work with E4U and L4U?

Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Basically LLL the way it works is that for security reasons (to avoid bots spamming the forum) a new member's first post goes into a moderator queue and is approved by the Moderators or Admin, it then goes live on the forum. After that they post as they wish and most will gravitate to the 'Introduce yourself' section and sad to say that on some occasions they may have been put off by some responses although on most occasions many more friendly members will openly welcome them. :up
Once bitten

Post by Once bitten »

I don't post on here so much now as I have to live in England due to health issues, but I do read posts several times a week. Sometimes I will comment on a post, but not very often. I do play games here when I do log on. It helps to pass the time when I can't do the things I used to. So, keep posting all of you and I will keep on reading them, some of them are quite funny, others are quite informative, and to hell with the trolls. I still manage to visit once a year for three weeks, then I have to return to England by order of my consultant. :D :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

8) 8) 8) 8)
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Nice to see you posting again Once Bitten, hope your health is still improving. :up
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@Once Bitten - Hope the health concerns are not too serious. Good to know you're visiting Luxor4U and Egypt4U ;) :)