Egypt represented at European Parliament

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Egypt represented at European Parliament

Post by newcastle »

EGYPT Greece, Cyprus to represent Egypt’s interests in EU

President Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi hosted Greek Prime Minister Antonis Samaras and Cypriot President Nicos Anastasiades for a tripartite summit discussing ways of deepening cooperation.

Al-Sisi described the summit as marking a “new phase of trilateral cooperation, which began over a year ago”.

Both visiting leaders, whose countries are European Union (EU) members, said they would act as an “ambassador” for Egypt within the EU. Samaras expressed to Al-Sisi that he looks forward to further cooperation “in international forums, particularly in the framework of the EU, to explain Egyptian positions”.

http://www.dailynewsegypt.com/2014/11/0 ... erests-eu/

The European Parliament’s delegations maintain relations and exchange information with parliaments in non-EU countries. Through its delegations, the European Parliament helps to represent the European Union externally and to promote in third countries the values on which the European Union is founded, namely the principles of liberty, democracy, respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms, and the rule of law.

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/aboutparl ... -and-rules

Good luck

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Re: Egypt represented at European Parliament

Post by carrie »

Egypt will be partaking in the European song festival next. :lol:
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

If ar**hole countries like Serbia and so called european weird countries want to join then,
Why don't Egypt apply to join the EU, good idea it would make loads of press and lets be honest here,
anything Europe is over there.... along with 'johnny foreigner, crap music, cheap wine & hairy armpits.
And personally speaking "I love France & Europe, shedloads as long as there over there, which it always has been.."je adore Paris"
For our sanity and our economy we should leave asap, we never should have joined, stupidity big-time... 8)
phpBB [video]

Be honest, those bas**d frogs never wanted us in the first place..so 'up-them..
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

I have a theory that there's a critical mass /number beyond which humans do not get along at all well....two.

Same with countries. The well-intentioned intercourse between the participants has given birth to a monster which threatens to consume its parents. Climbing into bed with strangers, fueled by lust and stimulants, and without prophylactics, is bound to end in tears.

The original Benelux members might have formed a workable cooperative. Expansion, and the accession of UK began the downward spiral. Allowing the Eastern bloc in was madness and admitting Turkey, God forbid, would be the final nail in the coffin.

They should scrap the whole concept and start again.

Draw up a new list, rules etc........then quietly bury it, filed under "to be considered only when we grow a brain".
Hafiz
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Hafiz »

I love Egypt's foreign policy and their foreign minister. They are going to get someone (trivial) else to represents their interests in Europe. Cyprus has the power of a cream puff and in any case why would they do it - what is it in for them.

Really are things so bad that Egypt needs Cyprus to make its point.

Cyprus interests and culture are hugely different to those of Egypt. for example poverty, security, Islamic how could Cyprus empathize with Egypt.

If Egypt could get Turkey to represent its interests that might make sense and have some clout but like most Islamic foreign affairs its full of hate and little commonsense. As an aside Saudi is trying to achieve a rapprochement between Egypt and Turkey which would make a Cyprus arrangement look trivial. Turkey has real power in Europe.

This is part of Egypt's new foreign policy which rejects the US alliance and looks for anyone (and I mean anyone) else to bolster their interests.

Lest you think that the interests of Egypt and Cyprus are close please remember that their claims on gas and oil are unresolved and bitterly contested. Silly Egypt.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

How could Turkey represent Egypt in EU? Turkey isn't in EU.

I think the idea is for Cyprus to convey to Egypt the European ideals of democracy, law, human rights etc. and, somehow or other, act as ambassador for Egypt with regard to trade, culture and such matters.

Sounds like baloney to me.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

When Greece, Turkey and Cyprus solve the problems that exist between these three countries (or should it be 4) then no doubt they will be considered master diplomats and able to negotiate for anyone. :lol:
crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by crewmeal »

Cyprus interests and culture are hugely different to those of Egypt. for example poverty, security, Islamic how could Cyprus empathize with Egypt.
Perhaps this guy has something to do with it - Seif Eldin Mustafa. Seemingly he's claiming asylum in Cyprus :D
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

I read somewhere that Cyprus had agreed to extradite him although they are legally required to at least 'consider ' an asylum application if he lodges one.

Can't see on what grounds he would succeed. The fact that he'll be imprisoned on return is unlikely to be considered sufficient reason to grant him asylum :lol:
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Europe ? Where is it ?
Last time I looked it was over the other side of The English Channel even zee French call it the 'English Channel.
Europe ? France, Belgium, Germany, Spain even Portugal but Estonia ? Turkey ? even those nazi's Serbia someone is having a laugh.
Get real, we have never been European, we never will be, but I doubt if the majority of idiots here will vote us out, shame really...8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Who2 wrote:Europe ? Where is it ?
Last time I looked it was over the other side of The English Channel even zee French call it the 'English Channel.
Europe ? France, Belgium, Germany, Spain even Portugal but Estonia ? Turkey ? even those nazi's Serbia someone is having a laugh.
Get real, we have never been European, we never will be, but I doubt if the majority of idiots here will vote us out, shame really...8)
You jest!

The French call it La Manche.......NEVER the English Channel :lol:

I agree with you about the vote......fear of the unknown will probably prevail.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

I read that the majority of young people want to stay in the European Union, it's their future more than ours I would go along with their wishes.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

carrie wrote:I read that the majority of young people want to stay in the European Union, it's their future more than ours I would go along with their wishes.
Each and every day, we in the U.K. are bombarded with so called information as to what will happen if we either remain or leave Europe, and I agree with you Carrie it is really for the young to be most interested in this subject for their future.

Most of us have seen this 'club' start from being a common market to a federal alliance, but in my opinion, it's for the young, they need to know what the future of the European Union will be. The evidence of its future is certainly out there, but as of yet it is being ignored by both sides.
Stevepj

Post by Stevepj »

A-Four wrote:
carrie wrote:I read that the majority of young people want to stay in the European Union, it's their future more than ours I would go along with their wishes.
Each and every day, we in the U.K. are bombarded with so called information as to what will happen if we either remain or leave Europe, and I agree with you Carrie it is really for the young to be most interested in this subject for their future.

Most of us have seen this 'club' start from being a common market to a federal alliance, but in my opinion, it's for the young, they need to know what the future of the European Union will be. The evidence of its future is certainly out there, but as of yet it is being ignored by both sides.
But the young don't vote A4. At the last general election only about 45% of 18-24 year olds could be bothered to turn out on polling day while nearly 80% of the over 65s voted. It's the main reason why the young are getting screwed while retired people have a triple lock on their state pensions.
If the "IN" campaign are reliant on young people to maintain the status quo then they may be doomed.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

It is vital that the young really do get a grip of what the future holds for the so called EU.

I, when young was all for closer union with the EU simply because of the hope it would prevent another European war. As a kid, I had a pen pall in Germany who my Gran encouraged me to have. When I visited that person in my early teens, in a city called Koln, or as other call it Cologne (yes, remember the real 7-11) this boy taught me how important Union was. His wall in his bedroom was full of detailed information as to why the West was so successful, and East Europe was such a disaster, as a kid, I believed all this.

I have always believed in a united Europe, until now, and for the rest of my life am sure everything I feel will be safe, but the future will be very,VERY different.Can any one on this site see what the future will be ?
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

What I see the people who want the UK to stay are playing a this could happen, this may happen game, but what actually will happen no one knows it seems to be presumption. Imagine what 350,000,000 GBP savings a day will get you a day in the UK, hospitals, better railways, investment in new technology to sell to the world, the rebirth of ship building to supply super ships around the world. Investment in new industries to put the UK in the forefront of the world. Maybe even rebuild the ?Empire, which took hundreds of years to build and 20 years to take apart.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Who we gonna have in our Empire then MT? Perhaps we could retake the USA re-colonise Africa? Bring back the Raj?
As I understand it the UK, even if they do vote to leave, because of previous agreements won't be able to for at least two years.
All the debate seems to be based on fear at the moment, if we leave then beware this will happen or that, if we stay the same thing. All the statistics appear to be massaged to prove either this or that depending on what side you are on. I am looking forward to reading the pamphlet put out by the gov. Not that I will believe any of it.
Glad it's not my problem. :tk
Hafiz
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Hafiz »

For Newcastle - Turkey is of course not part of the EU but it is an islamic Sunni country with huge influence with the EU helped by its membership of NATO and more recently by agreeing to be a refugee toilet for those whom Europe does not want. Cyprus on the other hand has made a point of being outside NATO and all its affiliates and has made no friends, except amongst Russian crooks, through its banking laws and dodgy business climate and is thus not a friend of good standing.

My post that Turkey was part of the EU was demented but driven by the stimulus that there might be a rapprochement (unlikely) with Egypt organized by Saudi.

Sorry about the factual inaccuracy
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

No probs Hafiz.

I think Turkey has as much likelihood of getting into EU as I have of being elected President of Egypt. Islam is not flavour of the month with the rest of Europe and their involvement in the middle east conflict seems more of a hindrance than an asset .

Turkey is asking a lot for taking back immigrants ( and may God have mercy on the poor buggers who are returned) but the EU had its fingers crossed behind its collective back when they made positive noises about the possible admission of Turkey.

Erdogan is a repulsive, autocratic thug.....just my opinion of course.

Never met the guy. .....never likely to.
Hafiz
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Hafiz »

But expectations on membership of the EU have been raised over decades whatever our views are.

The current deal adds to expectations and includes no (exempt) visa entry to EU for Turkish nationals, which is quite a concession.

Endgogan (sic) might be a horror but so are the current Polish and Hungarians governments. Some of those in the former Yugoslavia wouldn't pass European muster. France with one third voting for le Pen doesn't look too good (but they have always had a big fascist minority right back to 1940).

I agree with common sense that Europe doesn't want Turkey inside it. However it has influence and this could be used to Egypt's advantage if the lovers tiff could be solved

One of the objectives of this post was how Egypt is pursuing its interests through its international relations. An association with bankrupt Cyprus is a joke and its new relations with Russia will produce benefits which would only be meaningful to an Egyptian.