Luxor to Cairo by boat

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Luxor to Cairo by boat

Post by newcastle »

A friend has just told me he's booked on MV Hamees from Luxor to Cairo mid-March.

Any of you Luxor bods know anything about this?

I didn't realise there were boats going that way at the moment.

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Re: Luxor to Cairo by boat

Post by Who2 »

Not a thing, but tell us more highly interested.... :cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

I think this is the one my friends are taking :

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/cruis ... cades.html

HOME»TRAVEL»CRUISES»RIVERS AND CANALS
Cairo to Luxor cruises return after two decades
Chris Moss finds cause for celebration as he joins the first British tourists for two decades to sail the Nile from Cairo to Luxor
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

newcastle wrote: MV Hamees
Not sure here Newcastle but, this may be someone else taking the rise.

That great den of civilisation known throughout all Egypt as Hamees, has now been in Luxor for many a year. I honestly believe that it was this place, and this place alone that was able to keep me hanging on in old Luxor town for at least four more years than I needed to. The entertainment on each night we all met up was,........priceless.

As a senior member of this old institution, and like a secret number of this forum, we were often entertained by short term visitors, some who went on to live and work, and dare I say it, set up 'charities', in God only knows what in Luxor, thinking they knew everything, when in fact they knew f*** all. Did we, the establishment ever give advise ? No, never, most of these such people thought they knew everything, many regarded the local Egyptians as stupid, how wrong they were.

I remember once meeting Stan one day who was seeking information of long ago on the WB, to gain this knowledge he would have to cross 'the Rubicon' from one drinking den to the 'horrors' of the next,.........Hamees. Reluctantly he did, I introduced him to a dear lady, who informed him of such knowledge, that even he was impressed,........not an easy task for anyone who ever knew Stan.

I only mention the above as Hamees would often remind me of a such a boat placed on the great North Sea after I had downed at least two bottles of Egypt's finest red wine,............believe me, such as I and others of the establishment needed such fuel to help suffer the slings and arrows of such future job-seekers, or ex-pat, as so many of them aspired to be.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Someone else was telling me they had booked a Nile cruise from Cairo to Aswan, didn't believe it but it may be true? :o
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

carrie wrote:Someone else was telling me they had booked a Nile cruise from Cairo to Aswan, didn't believe it but it may be true? :o
Certainly is Carrie :

Memphis Tours Affiliation Program

WHERE TO GO > Egypt > Egypt Nile Cruises > Long Nile Cruises >
Mövenpick MS Hamees Nile Cruise
from
$2015 Price info
11 Days - Luxor / Cairo 13 Days - Cairo / Luxor 14 Days - Aswan / Cairo 15 Days - Cairo / Aswan The Mövenpick MS Hamees has a comfortable and contemporary design and is among the largest and best-appointed crafts on the river Nile. Enjoy a truly memorable journey and experience Cairo, Luxor and Aswan. Click here to check availability and the sailing dates. Itinerary:
11 DAYS - LUXOR / CAIRO 13 DAYS - CAIRO / LUXOR 14 DAYS - ASWAN / CAIRO 15 DAYS - CAIRO / ASWAN

http://www.memphistours.com/Egypt/Cruis ... ile-Cruise

@ A-Four.........lay off the wine!