Bay City Rollers.

Discuss your favourite forms of entertainment; games, music, dvd's, films, TV, books, singers and songwriters, Exchange gossip about the stars and download your favourite music.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Bay City Rollers.

Post by Scottishtourist »

Have read reports that they are planning a "comeback"tour.
And ticket sales look very promising!

Les,Woody and the boys all coming together again to blast out "Shang-a-lang"and "Summer Love Sensation!"

I was never a big fan..but I so envied the girls in Catholic Secondary School who were!They adapted the compulsary uniform with little touches of tartan here and there,scrawled "Eric"on their forearms(in washable ink)and were revered by me as rebels!

You see..they had young mums!My own mum was in her late forties when I was a teenager..so any rebellious behaviour was hastily ceased!Didn't stop me trying though!Going to a "Stranglers"concert with big brother when I was 14..and applying the heavy make-up and side pony-tail in toilets of Glasgow Central Station.

Always remember that night.It was same night as "World End"murders.Brother bought a Sunday Mail on way home and this was the headline.

I suppose the "Rollers"were the nearest thing Scotland ever experienced as a "mania!"
A group of young adolescents,naive..and cheated out of millions by their paedophile manager!

Such a shame.A few of them have battled their own demons ever since.

What's your views on "comeback"concerts?
Who would you like to see?
Would you attend for the nostalgia aspect..or because you thought they were talented musicians,but were somewhat "ripped off" and exploited?

The rebel in me says I should attend.
Any views?

Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Re: Bay City Rollers.

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Now there was a group that got well and truly shafted by the money men in music
They hardly got paid a penny and I think it is only recently that they got paid.

Who was their manager ST ? Not that Jonathan King who managed 10cc who was a peado as well.. *******..

They were good in their day, they got people up and singing, but they mostly did cover songs, as A bloke I could not really get into them
and didn't like them that much. I preferred more intelligent music. Elton John, David Bowie, Pink Floyd and the likes, but they were OK for the school disco.. :br
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Scottishtourist »

Their manager was Tam Paton BM.
Think he's dead now.

But..a nasty,nasty creature!!

As I said,a group of young boys,exploited and naive!

Such a shame.
Did they have talent?
Wouldn't say so..but they had following of millions of Scottish girls,all lusting for them in their school uniforms!

It was a "mania"but sad to say that they were never recognised for their musical ability!
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

What a bunch of tossers they were. For me, once you have gone, you should stay well and truly gone, nothing worse than a seventy year old rocker that lacks curb appeal, never mind anything, else attempting to be what he/she/they once was or wasn't.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.