Egyptian 'Government' resigns.

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Egyptian 'Government' resigns.

Post by A-Four »

News coming through on the wire that the Prime Minister and his entire cabinet has just resigned,............Me being the old cynic, is wondering if this has anything to do with a certain amount of gold bars, gold coins, etc, etc, that seem to have disappeared, from the State reserves. A certain minister has been implicated in this theft, though it may begger the question, who else may be involved ?

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: Egyptian 'Government' resigns.

Post by newcastle »

Mmmmmm....

The rumour mills have already gone into overdrive here :lol:
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Well, you know me Newcastle, I don't do rumour,..........BUT,...........I will tell you this much,........ Some of the gold bars were actually found, believe it or not in The Egyptian Treasury Building. Now to some this may not seem strange, but The Treasury Department deals with the financial administration, that's it. I suppose it's like the Chancellor of the Exchequer at No 11 Downing Street being caught with a couple £ million from the Bank of England stashed down the couch in his pad.

If you think that's a scandal, I have yet to bring you the latest news on the so called new city to be built east of Cairo,........no wonder they've all jacked in their jobs.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

What scandal?? You're talking about everyday life in Egypt :lol:

The best soap opera on the planet!!
Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis »

Egypt’s President Sisi has appointed Sherif Ismail, Minister of Petroleum and Mineral Resources, as Egypt’s new Prime Minister.

An Egyptian engineer, Ismail has been Minister of Petroleum and Mineral Resources since July 2013 when he replaced Sherif Hassan Haddara. President Sisi has ordered the new Prime Minister to form a new cabinet within a week.

Born in 1955 and married with a son and daughter, Ismail studied Mechanical Engineering at Ain Shams University and graduated in 1978.

Upon completing his studies, Ismail worked as an engineer in Mobil until 1979 before joining ENPPI. In ENPPI, where Ismail remained until 2000, Ismail worked as an engineer and was eventually appointed as Director General of Technical Affairs and as a member of the Board of Directors.

The new Prime Minister also previously served as Executive Deputy Chairman and then Chairman of the Egyptian Holding Company for Petrochemicals (ECHEM). He was later appointed as Chairman of the Egyptian Natural Gas Holding Company (EGAS). Following his tenure at EGAS, Ismail was appointed Chairman of the state-run Ganoub El Wadi Petroleum Holding Company (GANOPE).

Earlier in August, Italian energy group Eni SpA announced the discovery of the largest gas deposit ever in the Mediterranean Sea, believed to hold up to 30 trillion cubic feet of lean gas. The energy company said the discovery promised decades of natural gas sufficiency for Egypt.

Resignations

Egypt’s cabinet, led by Prime Minister Ibrahim Mehleb, had resigned and submitted its resignation papers to President Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi on Saturday morning.

The resignation, which included all cabinet members, was accepted by President Sisi on Saturday morning. However, the President ordered the cabinet to continue carrying out their duties until a new cabinet is formed.

The surprise resignation comes days after Egypt’s Agriculture Minister resigned and was arrested amid allegations of corruption.

The reason behind the resignation remains unclear. Egypt’s cabinet was expected to resign after Parliamentary elections are held in October and November, paving the way for a cabinet to be formed by the new Parliament.

http://egyptianstreets.com/2015/09/12/s ... signation/

Apparently Sherif Ismail served under the Mubarak regime and was one of five people who were tried for selling natural Egyptian gas to Israel for below market price. Obviously, they all avoided prison and were acquitted of all charges. The circus rolls on.
Carpe diem! :le:
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

:? It must be very confusing for our new President remembering as too who does what within his government. :tk Perhaps if he passed a new law forbidding pockets in trousers it would remove the temptation of some to fill them.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

The problem for Sisi, and for Egypt, is that the honest and competent left years ago and what's left are either incompetent or corrupt....or both.

It's reckoned the army runs a third of the economy. Maybe they should run the whole lot and be done with it.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

newcastle wrote:The problem for Sisi, and for Egypt, is that the honest and competent left years ago and what's left are either incompetent or corrupt....or both.
I'm not so sure of that Newcastle, I believe that most of those who are in the administration, (for that is what Egypt is in at the moment) they know that they come the election, they all will be out of work, so perhaps they see it as prudent to take their bonus now, so they have enough to get out of the country, and buy a house in Knightsbridge London, as with Butros Galli, Finance Minister in The Mubarck era.

Egypt's military were, at the fall of Mubarack, responsible for 40% of the economy, I would suspect that has increased by now.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Which begs the question, A-Four, how do you buy a house in Knightsbridge on your ministerial earnimgs.

Mmmmmm,..... :tk
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

newcastle wrote:Which begs the question, A-Four, how do you buy a house in Knightsbridge on your ministerial earnimgs.

Mmmmmm,..... :tk
You pool your resources with similar like-minded colleagues, enabling all to live in comfort as they play the constant ''in out, in out, shuffle them all about '' game. :up
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

A-Four wrote:News coming through on the wire that the Prime Minister and his entire cabinet has just resigned,............Me being the old cynic, is wondering if this has anything to do with a certain amount of gold bars, gold coins, etc, etc, that seem to have disappeared, from the State reserves. A certain minister has been implicated in this theft, though it may begger the question, who else may be involved ?
Yesterday's El Ahram informs us that all hell has broken out in the new government's House of Representatives. It seems that between 2011 and 2015 upwards of £60 Billon (and I do mean Sterling) has gone walk about. Now be it for me to say but even old Bob Diamond of Barclay's Bank would have had a bit of difficulty 'fencing' that amount.

To put this into prospective, had this happened in the U.K. The Chancellor of the Exchequer would have had to raise base rate tax by 12p in the £. Apparently all reporting on the future 'ad hoc' investigation, as this organ calls it, has been banned.

As I wrote on this forum else where, some time ago, any person who put him or her self up as a candidate for election in Egypt, would be a fool. Now we know why Egypt defaulted on payment to B.P. of $1.5 Billion.

Now, who would have thought that in the past. :wi .

P.S.- When is the next cultural festival in Luxor. :wi :wi .
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

I know where the money has gone, it was spent on the three miles of red carpet that was laid in Cairo for The President's motorcade to ride over.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

carrie wrote:I know where the money has gone, it was spent on the three miles of red carpet that was laid in Cairo for The President's motorcade to ride over.
Obviously Carrie, when you say President's motorcade, you mean EX-President Mubarak,......or probably better still EX-President Mousi,................just to be on the safe side. ;) :wi .
Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

You are someone who always hints he has some insider information, but it's clear you don't even read the top current news stories.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Glyphdoctor wrote:You are someone who always hints he has some insider information, but it's clear you don't even read the top current news stories.
What I have written above was issued by El Ahram on Sunday, not my words, theirs.

Perhaps It maybe wise to let you give any serious information in future, you may like to start by telling us what the chairman of Tui told its shareholders today regarding future flights to both Egypt and Turkey from and to the U.K. You might also inform us of the outcome of the British Civil Aviation's Authority's meeting.

Many people on here seek such help,.......but then again,....... it don't effect you, but we shall see how you go on. :wi .