the Pharaohs of Exodus.

Luxor is ancient Thebes and has a fascinating past. Share your knowledge or ask your questions here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Re: the Pharaohs of Exodus.

Post by Brian Yare »

jewel wrote:You could do worse than read some of Ahmed Osmans's books....

http://www.ahmedosman.com/books.html
I heard Osman speak at a "New Chronology" conference at Reading over 10 years ago. I was not impressed. But then I have heard Hancock, Phillips et al. So long as one treats their works as fiction thay can be quite fun, as was Immanuel Velikovsky for that matter! At least Christian Jacq and Wilbur Smith call their writings "fiction" even though they try to include as much fact as possible.

Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Carl Sagan:

“One of the saddest lessons of history is this:

If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle.
We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us.
It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken.
Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.”

.....Almost.. :wi
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Brian Yare »

I just read a long post on another forum. The suggestion was made that a lot of the problems with synchronising the history of the Middle East would be solved by moving Ramses II to the late 7th Century b.c. At that point I turned off. I read Velikovsky in the 1960s-80s and he used a lot of good and serious references to weave a very similar scenario, but I don't know anyone who would now move the Kushite kings of the 25th Dynasty away from the early 7th Century or have them in parallel to the 19th Dynasty!
Darkstar
United Kingdom

Post by Darkstar »

It could also be agued that the Pharaoh of the 'exodus' was Ahmose I, the king who after the death of his father taoseqenenre I (sp?) and his brother by the Hyksos who controlled the Nile delta area of lower Egypt, succeeded in expelling the Hyksos out of Egypt and into the land of Midian (the Levant). With the Hyksos were a tribe called the EL which is the Hebrew word relating to god. Also it seems that the parting of the red sea never happened, Hebrew scholars have stated that the phrase 'yam suph' translates as sea of reeds not red sea. This relates to marshland just like the Nile delta at the time. So it seems that a tribe of monoatheistic people called the El were chased out of Egypt through the Nile delta into the desert, Ahmose then unified Egypt back into one state.
This to me makes more sense than the story told in the old testament, and the rubbish about parting the sea by some miracle, as a side note it has been shown by scholars that the pentautach (first 5 books of the bible ascribed to Moses) actually contains at least 4 literary styles of writing, therefore not written by Moses and not to be taken literally just like the rest of the book.
Nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit.
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

I still think that the timeline was stretched a bit and the Exodus began in the time of Seti I not his son.