Visa outa Egypt.

Discuss your favourite forms of entertainment; games, music, dvd's, films, TV, books, singers and songwriters, Exchange gossip about the stars and download your favourite music.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Visa outa Egypt.

Post by Scottishtourist »

In last few weeks there seems to have been a "glut"of programmes being shown on telly here!

Titles such as "Holiday love rats exposed"
"My big fat ****** foreign husband"etc,etc!

The one thing that seems constant with them is that these "husbands"got visas into other countries,duped women,then returned to their country of origin!

"We just clicked!"so sayeth the woman of 62 about her African "husband"who is all of 23 years old!

God..I don't even "try"to click with my son's friends!We're different generations!

Do these "boys"really want to go and live,work in another country?
I would suggest NO.What they want is a woman to fund a lifestyle of comfort in their own land!

Would you really work if you didn't have to?
Or would you accept "funding"and just be lazy?

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Re: Visa outa Egypt.

Post by Major Thom »

We watched such a program last week ST, but you know the saying "No Fool Like an Old Fool" What can you do, apart from tell of experiences, if they do not listen, there will never be a way forward.

Incidently what happened to Ever from Eastenders she married a young Moroccan in real life, has she lost her life saving yet. When she was in an audience the other night on a show, she was with a friend, not her husband.
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

If you are born as one of a dozen siblings living within the confines of 1 or 2 rooms subsisting daily on the most meagre fair lucky enough to have clothes on your back with an extremely limited education and no worldly smarts wouldn't you seize upon any opportunity that presents?

I have travelled quite a bit and can't say that I've ever met any from 3rd world countries who are not prepared to work and work hard. They may not have had the academic experiences to obtain employment where their thoughts and ideas are sought after but they will definitely accept jobs for money, work hard to keep them and keep on working 7 days per week.

I also have to say that many from 3rd world countries seem far more strongly connected and committed to their families. They will work 'til they drop to ensure their family units needs are met. Generally we do not value the group so if a chance comes along in whatever form for them to benefit their family and raise the standard of living it WILL happen.

I can't see too many Egyptians wanting to be kept persons. I think they're looking for opportunities to work and if work was ample and well paid I think the Gigalo phenomenon would vanish.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

There's little doubt that many young Egyptian men would do almost anything to get a visa to enter Europe, UK. USA....anywhere in the West.

The procedure is complex but those with the requisite skills & resources can make it.

Of course the majority have neither the skills nor resources to make it on their own and some enlist gullible females thinking (wrongly) that this gives them a guaranteed passage. The mess they leave in their wake is all over the internet forums.

The visa requirements to enter the West are stringent in order to weed out the unwelcome economic migrant from the genuine tourist and those that would be an asset to the country they are trying to enter. Rightly so.

It makes me smile when I hear Egyptians complain at the ease with which foreigners can enter Egypt, and say it's unfair compared to the hassle they face in reverse.

As if any westerner would sneak into Egypt with a view to earning a comfortable living, or enjoying the benefits of the health & social security system :lol:
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

Quite a lot of Egyptians want to work in the Emirates - better pay, Arabic speaking and fairly close to home - but they need a visa.

Brits don't ergo the visa makes more work opportunities for those prepared to travel. I don't know about other European countries - if they have special deals over visas?
Smile! It confuses people
Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

newcastle wrote: As if any westerner would sneak into Egypt with a view to earning a comfortable living, or enjoying the benefits of the health & social security system :lol:
No sneaking involved, but that is precisely why we are in Egypt and not the US. Each one has their own skills and circumstances that make one or the other place better for them. If you can choose between having your own private doctor available immediately 24/7 with the legal right to treat you and a health insurance plan that costs you 400LE a year with visits to professors costing only 35LE vs. a health insurance plan that costs $400 a month just to have the right to pay a slight discount on the actual medical care and it is illegal for your personal doctor to treat you, which would you choose?

I do think ST is right though that most of these gigolos, if they could make a decent living in Egypt, would rather stay here than move to another country. The problem is it is hard for them to achieve the standard of living they want in Egypt without going abroad. And this applies to a lot of non-gigolo Egyptians as well.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

newcastle wrote:There's little doubt that many young Egyptian men would do almost anything to get a visa to enter Europe, UK. USA....anywhere in the West.

The procedure is complex but those with the requisite skills & resources can make it.

Of course the majority have neither the skills nor resources to make it on their own and some enlist gullible females thinking (wrongly) that this gives them a guaranteed passage. The mess they leave in their wake is all over the internet forums.

The visa requirements to enter the West are stringent in order to weed out the unwelcome economic migrant from the genuine tourist and those that would be an asset to the country they are trying to enter. Rightly so.

It makes me smile when I hear Egyptians complain at the ease with which foreigners can enter Egypt, and say it's unfair compared to the hassle they face in reverse.

[As if any westerner would sneak into Egypt with a view to earning a comfortable living, or enjoying the benefits of the health & social security system] :lol:
A couple do sneak out, then sneak back in pockets full of free cash off the UK government. Someone I have know for several years living here in Karnak is now absolutely ecstatic due to the fact that after a few expensive visits to the UK, fainting in supermarkets, vastly over exaggerated health problems which gave him free medical treatment, now has the mid level mobility payments going into his bank account. He really should of kept his mouth shut and stayed stum. :st
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.