Low temperatures, rain, sandstorm expected in Egypt

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Low temperatures, rain, sandstorm expected in Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Temperatures in Egypt are expected to drop by seven degrees starting Wednesday, with modest rainfall starting Monday, Egyptian Meteorological Authority (EMA) spokesman Wahid Seoudi told Ahram Online.

"Rain is expected in the Sinai Peninsula and Upper Egypt, with moderate rainfall also expected in the Nile Delta," Seoudi said.

He added that the cold weather might be accompanied by another sandstorm on Wednesday.

Seoudi also suggested that this might cause the closure of seaports.

A recent sandstorm killed seven people and left two dozen injured across the country.

EMA called on people to wear heavy clothing and stay away from maritime activities.

Cairo's temperatures were forecasted at a high of 15C (59 Fahrenheit) and a low of 7 Celsius (45 F) on Sunday.

The Mediterranean city of Alexandria should see a high of 16 C and a low of 10 with some rain, while southern cities are likely to see warmer temperatures with an average high hovering around 18-19 and a low of 10-11.

Early February marks the start of the Coptic month of Amshir, which falls between February 8 and March 9 of the Gregorian calendar, and is infamous for its blustery, sandy storms.

Source: http://english.ahram.org.eg/News/123096.aspx

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Low temperatures, rain, sandstorm expected in Egypt

Post by Dusak »

The weather forecast this morning indicates that Wednesday is going to be a very unpopular one for us here. I'll take in the outside furniture this time, just in case. Last years rainfall ruined it.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Planned to go to Silsila Thursday, don't want to go across the desert road in a sandstorm.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Take care Carrie, dust storms are one thing, sand storms are quite different.

I was once caught out at Dush, far out in the Western Desert when one of these occurred, an event I would not like to be repeated.

If one hits Luxor, they usually hit in the late afternoon,..........take in the washing.
Robbo70

Post by Robbo70 »

Can you guys just get all this bad weather out of the way before Monday when I fly in. I want blue sky, sunshine and warm evenings, rather than similar weather to what I am trying to escape from :lol:
BBLUX
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Location: Winter in West Bank, Luxor and La Vienne, France in Summer
France

Post by BBLUX »

A-Four wrote:Take care Carrie, dust storms are one thing, sand storms are quite different.

I was once caught out at Dush, far out in the Western Desert when one of these occurred, an event I would not like to be repeated.
Been there done that as well. Had to be guided back down to safety by the resident dogs.

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

BBLUX wrote:
A-Four wrote:I was once caught out at Dush, far out in the Western Desert when one of these occurred, an event I would not like to be repeated.
Been there done that as well. Had to be guided back down to safety by the resident dogs.
:ct Tell us more...
BBLUX
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Location: Winter in West Bank, Luxor and La Vienne, France in Summer
France

Post by BBLUX »

We were visiting Dush back at the beginning of 2008 at the end of a brief visit to Kharga oasis.
Perfect weather when we walked up the hill to the fortress. One hour later as we began to descend a sandstorm came out of nowhere and we were being blasted with sand and could not see the route back down.The group of about 4 resident dogs who had been wandering around rushed over barking and gathered round us and started moving down the slope. We could see very little for the blown sand was getting in our eyes so we simply followed the dogs barking down and back to the safety of the guardians buildings. They knew the way :up

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.