Arabtec hopes to begin construction of 1mn homes in Egypt...

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Re: Arabtec hopes to begin construction of 1mn homes in Egyp

Post by Bullet Magnet »

We were in Scotland 2 years ago. Against my wishes, my missus decided to put up the slating review of our alleged 5*Hotel on Trip Advisor BEFORE we had checked out.. :sd

"Awkward" does not even begin to describe our Checkout experience at said Hotel 2 hours later.. :cool:

There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Glyphdoctor wrote:
Dusak wrote:
A-Four wrote:
I shall come back to this subject, but unfortunately for this purpose I am still in Egypt, so. perhaps not just yet.
... and once again we await with bated breath. :cg :cg
Do you really believe this is his last trip ever to Egypt?

A4 I am sure is aware at least two expats were kicked out on ARRIVAL this year. So whether he says his stuff here or on UK soil, it's all the same.

I think it is all for dramatic effect more than some sort of critical commentary. Or maybe he is just too busy and is marking the posts he wants to come back to later.

I think you may discover that this is perhaps my last visit to Luxor, though not for the reason you suspect.
l
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Yes Glyph you are correct. The information I have is rather complex, and certainly not offensive to Egypt, but needs to be explained clearly, as is at another subject I have written on here, but I have not the time to write up on this.

It is a little like the Egyptian press when they quote President Sisi with regards to his comment that 'foreign hands' are at work on its Eastern borders, though rather complex, and from somewhere you might least expect, and for reasons most Egyptian do not realize at the moment.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Looking back on Egypt's modern history, I see similarities with Nasser's leadership, and that of the present day president. The embargo on arms by the West in 1955, where Nasser had to buy his tanks and guns through the U.S.S.R., at a cost of $250 million, now we find that again the West is not happy with the political situation in Egypt, therefore we see that president Sisi has out manoeuvred the situation and bought direct from Russia it's needs at a cost of $3.5 Billion.

The present day Suez Canal project reminds me of Nasser's outrage when in 1956, the U.S. blocked funds to Egypt to build the Asswan High Dam, so seven days later Nasser nationalised the Suez Canal, and Russia built the dam. Today, President Sisi knows he has no chance of raising money from the World Bank to build the new "double carriageway" for the Suez, so he raises this by issuing National Bond Certificates, which will keep the army fully occupied, and at the same time holds the LE in good stead, on the worlds currency markets, through these troubled times.

President Sisi, like Nasser is aware of the enemy within Egypt, but also he knows of, what he calls "foreign hands" that are at work, and operating in the Middle East, and that it's enemies no longer wear a uniform of national identity, or for that mater who is bank rolling them.

Domestically, like Nasser in his day, Sisi is dealing with the immediate requirements of his people, being food and energy needs. He knows, only too well, that Egypt's power stations need to be kept going for industry's sake. There is very good evidence to show that, this man Sisi, "is the right man, at the right time in Egypt's history",...............a famous saying from the days of Nasser.

With regards to the 1,000,000 new homes he intends to build, a $40 Billion project, seems a price too high for my thinking, so,......................we might have to look to history and Nasser as to how this is achievable.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

A-Four wrote:Looking back on Egypt's modern history, I see similarities with Nasser's leadership, and that of the present day president. The embargo on arms by the West in 1955, where Nasser had to buy his tanks and guns through the U.S.S.R., at a cost of $250 million, now we find that again the West is not happy with the political situation in Egypt, therefore we see that president Sisi has out manoeuvred the situation and bought direct from Russia it's needs at a cost of $3.5 Billion.

The present day Suez Canal project reminds me of Nasser's outrage when in 1956, the U.S. blocked funds to Egypt to build the Asswan High Dam, so seven days later Nasser nationalised the Suez Canal, and Russia built the dam. Today, President Sisi knows he has no chance of raising money from the World Bank to build the new "double carriageway" for the Suez, so he raises this by issuing National Bond Certificates, which will keep the army fully occupied, and at the same time holds the LE in good stead, on the worlds currency markets, through these troubled times.

President Sisi, like Nasser is aware of the enemy within Egypt, but also he knows of, what he calls "foreign hands" that are at work, and operating in the Middle East, and that it's enemies no longer wear a uniform of national identity, or for that mater who is bank rolling them.

Domestically, like Nasser in his day, Sisi is dealing with the immediate requirements of his people, being food and energy needs. He knows, only too well, that Egypt's power stations need to be kept going for industry's sake. There is very good evidence to show that, this man Sisi, "is the right man, at the right time in Egypt's history",...............a famous saying from the days of Nasser.

With regards to the 1,000,000 new homes he intends to build, a $40 Billion project, seems a price too high for my thinking, so,......................we might have to look to history and Nasser as to how this is achievable.
You might also have mentioned that Sisi has adopted the Nasser method of dealing with the voices of dissent & opposition :urm:

Let's hope the achievements and results of the re-born Nasser do NOT match those of the first model. :cg
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

You may find my dear sir, that the present day Middle East is some what rather different than those of Nasser's period, and the future may show that his time was rather relaxed compared to what the future may hold for Egypt.
Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

One can't be sure what the future will hold. I read an interesting article yesterday that said the 3 big world crises of this year-IS, Ebola and Ukraine, weren't even blips on the radar a year ago and therefore it is hard to predict what the biggest events of 2015 will be.