My favorite Museum...

Luxor is ancient Thebes and has a fascinating past. Share your knowledge or ask your questions here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

My favorite Museum...

Post by Who2 »

A 15 minute casual Clerkenwell walk through Smithfield Mrkt and old London down to Lincoln's Inn field through an ally-way off Holborn brings one to a classic Victorian set of toilets set in a tranquil park surround by Regency and Victorian houses one of which it's owner turned into a museum. Sir John Soane RA.
Judging by his house which is big but many many small rooms and a treasure trove for the inquisitive leaves me with the thought, Sir John must have been a remarkable human being....:cool:
http://londonist.com/2010/07/museum_of_ ... i_sarc.php
http://www.soane.org/
Ps: I urge you to visit it when in London I do, why I'm thinking about it today god only knows, I only found it was Thursday rather than Friday an hour ago.... "Non multus of populus teneo ut".

"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Re: My favorite Museum...

Post by Zooropa »

Who2 wrote:A 15 minute casual Clerkenwell walk through Smithfield Mrkt and old London down to Lincoln's Inn field through an ally-way off Holborn brings one to a classic Victorian set of toilets set in a tranquil park surround by Regency and Victorian houses one of which it's owner turned into a museum. Sir John Soane RA.
Judging by his house which is big but many many small rooms and a treasure trove for the inquisitive leaves me with the thought, Sir John must have been a remarkable human being....:cool:
http://londonist.com/2010/07/museum_of_ ... i_sarc.php
http://www.soane.org/
Ps: I urge you to visit it when in London I do, why I'm thinking about it today god only knows, I only found it was Thursday rather than Friday an hour ago.... "Non multus of populus teneo ut".
Im glad your wrong about it being Friday, otherwise I would miss my flight!
Lynne claire

Post by Lynne claire »

A few years ago the museum was cleaning the sarcophagus. When they finished they filled the sarcophagus with lit candles. The photos are some of the most intriguing and beautiful pictures of an artefact that I possess. Suddenly the engravings spring to life in an eerie way. It's magic. I will try and add one to this site.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Ye Gods and little fishes, I think I've found my long lost smilie sister. :up
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Lynne claire

Post by Lynne claire »

I'm sorry finally found the photos of Seti's sarcophagus and I can't upload them can any one tell me how I can do it.
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

Good Question.how do you even upload videos and photos on this forums
Billy_whiz

Post by Billy_whiz »

If you go to the front menu and look for the section called Suggestions and Help Enquiries, Keefy has posted some tutorials :up