Food for thought

Find a selection of household tips and recipes for Egyptian Foods.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

WIZARD
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Food for thought

Post by WIZARD »

I have long since known that eating 'Tomatoes' can upset my poor old aching joints more then almost any other foods I consume. I discovered this some time back by using the old tried and tested process of illumination.
Do you find there are some foods that upset you in anyway.

WIZARD
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Re: Food for thought

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Raw Cheese. I cant even get close to it without a vomit inducing reaction, yet I can have it in small amounts cooked, such as on a Pizza or IN Lasagne.

Broad Beans. The texture makes me sick

Dates: ditto the above
I do mean to try some fresh yellow dates, just in case its those packaged dates in the funny shaped box and the free plastic fork that are maybe not so good.

Muscles: Again wait for 4 hours, and I will vomit and have explosive diarrhoea for days afterwards.
:tk . .On the plus side, the last time that happened in Leche, I was sick for days, I lost about 20 lbs and gained a six pack from the wretching and all the bowel movements... :up
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

OH Wiz, how does that work :o does the food light up in the parts of the body it's gone to :)

Or did you mean elimination :lol:
dsaxelby

Post by dsaxelby »

I cannot eat fish, Cod, Haddock etc same results as put by BM, even the smell can get me going, but I can eat small amounts of Salmon, 1 or 2 prawns if extremely fresh. The more processed the more I can tolerate them. Sometimes I crave fish and would try a fishfinger but over the years this has been in decline. However, Scampi is ok :?
It is what it is.
WIZARD
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by WIZARD »

DJKeefy wrote:OH Wiz, how does that work. Does the food light up in the parts of the body it's gone to, or did you mean elimination
I think you know exactly what I meant Keefy regarding my rare TYPO, but I do like your little attempt at witticism regarding illuminating foods, it made me smile, and I'm sure it did you too. If only for that, it was worth the post.

ALERT, ALERT. All members beware, Keefy's on TYPO watch. It must have been some illuminating crisps he ate.8)
Never the less Keefy, it's good to see you're on the ball
WIZARD
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Liver= yuck kidneys= yuck blue cheese= treble yuck, the very smell gives my vomitingituse. One night seven of use went to the Italian here in Luxor, all had pizza's, two having the blue cheese ones. They came to the table a sickly steaming liquid blue green mass, the stench was unbearable for me, had to vacate my seat. :sk :sk Pork also upsets me when there is none. :cry:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Tripe, my mum used to love it with, raw with a tomato salt and vinegar. OMG
Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Scottishtourist »

Hot tinned tuna!

I love tuna. I eat it every day cold,in sandwiches,on baked potatoes,with pasta,in salads,etc.

But heat it..and use in tuna bakes,etc...uughhhh.it's horrible!
It takes on an entirely different taste and texture,repeats on me something awful,and nothing anyone does with it can make it palatable for me!
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

If any of the artificial sweetners are used it goes directly to my hands and can cause extreme pain in the joints of my hands and fingers such that I can hardly use my hands. Aspartaime is a killer ingredient and I avoid it like the plague. I basically try and avoid most any food that is packaged with all those chemical preservatives and particularly I avoid foods that are labelled "light" or "artificial sweetner."

I dislike any type of liver (just hate the taste) and am NOT partial to asparagus but could choke it down if it was served to me by way of a house party etc.

Am fortunate that I have no food allergies. I feel really bad for people who are severely allergic to peanuts for example. Must be awful to constantly have to check labels to ensure your food is peanut free or nut free. Dairy and gluten are also top offenders re: food allergies.
Maakari
United Kingdom

Post by Maakari »

Mussels and I am finding out to my cost, any of the "bottom filter feeders"! are detrimental to my Ailmentery tract!
We use a medicine at work called Picolax, a very very effective laxative! This is used to clean the bowel before diagnostic investigations such as Barium enemas, CTs, colonoscopies etc. Mussels have exactly the same effect on my bowels as this stuff!!!!!I like to call it my Seafood Colonic irrigation!

:sk :sk :sk
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Maakari wrote:Mussels and I am finding out to my cost, any of the "bottom filter feeders"! are detrimental to my Ailmentery tract!
We use a medicine at work called Picolax, a very very effective laxative! This is used to clean the bowel before diagnostic investigations such as Barium enemas, CTs, colonoscopies etc. Mussels have exactly the same effect on my bowels as this stuff!!!!!I like to call it my Seafood Colonic irrigation!

:sk :sk :sk
I could of used some of your Picolax last week after three days of being bunged up. :cry:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Maakari
United Kingdom

Post by Maakari »

Well it is one thing I know I can not bring in for you as a smuggled goody!
When I have been in the same predicament as you (the dreaded bunged up, feeling like a stuffed haggis time) I have gone to my Matron and pleaded with her to just give me just a little dose, just a wee spoonful on the QT. bUT She is Adamant, it is too violent, too exhausting on the body to be used my delicate tummy! When i have been like this for a few days, and have started losing my marbles and walking like a pregnant walrus.......I don,t care...Just let me have some of the stuffffffff nnnooowwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Maakari wrote:Well it is one thing I know I can not bring in for you as a smuggled goody!
When I have been in the same predicament as you (the dreaded bunged up, feeling like a stuffed haggis time) I have gone to my Matron and pleaded with her to just give me just a little dose, just a wee spoonful on the QT. bUT She is Adamant, it is too violent, too exhausting on the body to be used my delicate tummy! When i have been like this for a few days, and have started losing my marbles and walking like a pregnant walrus.......I don,t care...Just let me have some of the stuffffffff nnnooowwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am now walking unaided and my legs have come back to parallel. All things in life can be educational in one way or the other. I now have a better understanding of how difficult it is to walk while being cursed suffering from rickets. :up