Info Egypt Courts-How do they work

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Sara18

Info Egypt Courts-How do they work

Post by Sara18 »

Hi Everyone,

I haven't been on here in ages. After Sara died, it has taken me a long time to get back into things. I have finished my novel and I have a question about Egypt courts and how they work. I am familiar with Iranian courts, but don't know much about Egyptian ones. In my novel I have two families that want to control the custody of the child. The mother's legal right to her child is being questioned. Her husband has died and she is in Egypt for a wedding. As you all know, when the father dies, legal custody goes to his family. But in this story they are challenged by someone who believes he should have legal custody. Is anyone familiar with how that kind of a court case goes. How does the legal system work in this case? What do they have to go through to prove he's wrong? I have the novel finished and I want to make sure I have everything correct. I know that it is very different than here in the U.S.

Thanks for your help. It is greatly appreciated.

Sue (Sara18)

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Re: Info Egypt Courts-How do they work

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Welcome back Sue.
Sorry but I don't know the answer to your question but it's good to see you post here again.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Sara18

Post by Sara18 »

Thanks Hezibah. It's good to see you are still here. I've snuck in every now and then and there are so many new people I don't know. :)

Sue
Wills
United Kingdom

Post by Wills »

Hi Sue, nice to have you here again, its been soooooooooo long. Big hugs xxxx
Sara18

Post by Sara18 »

Hi Wills. Big hugs to you too. It's taken me awhile to get back to normal--as normal as I can be. ;)

What am I doing wrong? I select one of the smilies but the picture never shows up.
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

It will show the smiley code only while you are typing (like below)

:D :) :lol: :( :o

Once you submit your post the picture will show in place of the code.

PS: I have disabled the smilies in this post so you can see the codes for the first 5 smilies.
Sara18

Post by Sara18 »

Thanks DJ Keefy. I just noticed that the smilies did show up in my post. :o
Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Chocolate Eclair »

How the courts work in Egypt??? Well for all the time I have been in Luxor I have been involved with the Courts, and for the life of me I still have not got a clue, they are a law unto their own. I was once told that Egypt adopted the French system, well if that is the French system the French must must be really cofuddled. Its not so much has how they work its trying to get a judge to attend, on 4 occasions my case was to be heard and on all 4 occasions the judges did not turn up and no explanation was given. My case is now moving out of Egypt to a European Country now, where the thief fled to... I was fortunate to be able to get all the reports and jurisdiction through and translated to English, in turn I sent copies to a European Lawyer who was willing to take up my case on a no win, no fee contract. So we will see what happens...
If you are fighting regarding the loss of your money on a property deal then forget it, the locals will always win. A bit of backsheesh to their lawyers and bingo your case will get delayed and delayed until you get exasperated and just give up!! but there are other ways.. If you can prove criminality go straight to the Police, make your statement ask for a copy, amd the reporting policemans contact and they should do the rest.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

It dose pay to read a post first, not use it as yet another excuse to once again bombard us with your tales of woe concerning the pair of very well worn out Dutch clogs. :urm:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

Dusak wrote:It dose pay to read a post first, not use it as yet another excuse to once again bombard us...:urm:
:-)
Sara18 wrote: I have a question....How does the legal system work in this case?
Chocolate Eclair wrote:How the courts work in Egypt??? Well...
It is disrespectful to other members to not even skim a post before replying to the headline. :x
Just skip the threads that you do not feel like reading and leave your own agenda out of them for a change.