Major New Discovery in Valley of the Kings

Luxor is ancient Thebes and has a fascinating past. Share your knowledge or ask your questions here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Re: Major New Discovery in Valley of the Kings

Post by Scottishtourist »

Me too Frater!
Keep postin!
Cos there are those amongst us who will not see you "bullied"off this site!
You got a story to tell?
Well,you tell it!
And never mind the rest!
You know something?They're only guessing as well!They don't know...cos they weren't there!
So educated..but so ignorant in many respects!x

Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

BENNU wrote:
Zooropa wrote: Just ignore intolerant people.

Sometimes I wish they would go away!
:urm: That's tolerant.
Urm, Id rather debate people who recognised my right to hold an opinion different from theirs.

There is a world of difference from wishing someone would go away and actually telling them to.

So, yes it is tolerant.
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

I really wish that Joann Fletche could push further with her theory
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Frater0082 wrote:I really wish that Joann Fletche could push further with her theory
Seems to me Frater that you are reading a number of books these days, but be careful, Egyptology is not a pure science, you will often come across such terms as, perhaps, maybe, possibly, probably, there is evidence to suggest, or suspect. You will see that words are well used in such books to persuade you in the authors thinking. In the fiction line Dan Brown is a classic example, second only to a man called Erich Von Daniken. (Perhaps you have not heard of him.)

I will write up the rest of my own thinking on your work here, later today.
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

A-Four wrote:
Frater0082 wrote:I really wish that Joann Fletche could push further with her theory
Seems to me Frater that you are reading a number of books these days, but be careful, Egyptology is not a pure science, you will often come across such terms as, perhaps, maybe, possibly, probably, there is evidence to suggest, or suspect. You will see that words are well used in such books to persuade you in the authors thinking. In the fiction line Dan Brown is a classic example, second only to a man called Erich Von Daniken. (Perhaps you have not heard of him.)

I will write up the rest of my own thinking on your work here, later today.
No I didn't read any books actually I just saw her documentary years ago and thats what started the second part of my story.

Back in 2011 I had a research paper to write for my history 101 class. I chose Nefertiti to write about due to watching a segment on the history channel. Boy it was not easy to write about her because it was so little on her. I seriously wanted to pick another topic until I got half way through Joann's documentary where she explains Nefertiti's life in Amarna.

So I got unrelated visions from that time period being a child of Akhenaten. I saw myself running around the temples

Oh no I said trying to shake this memory that was warm and engraved in my mind.

The more I shook the more the visions got stuck. It was like paper to glue stuck with me forever.

However they couldn't convince me that they were real until the memories of me and Seti reformed in my mind that's when I knew that these two memories was connected and thats when I knew to write my books to tell what happened and to seek help with this because I'm still wondering what it all means.

Originally I thought I was a mere palace servant but it turns out to be the last child of Akhenaten and the sond born to Kiya.

I also thought that I came from Meketaten (ignoring the fact that I saw Kiya all around me) it wasn't until later until later that I expected lady Kiya as my mother.

She looks identical to my present day mother which made me think that they used to be one and the same. So all in all i'm stuck with Kiya as my mother literally for eternity.
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

This new find in KV40 shows you that note everything is written in stone.

I think the domestic parts are sometimes left out so that means al the good stuff is left out.

On thing is factual Nefertiti had a bitter taste in her mouth for Kiya.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

I must admit that my only reason for my comments to our friend here, Frater, are that he seemed to have a ground knowledge of Seti I's tomb. In this tomb the old time Egyptologist came across what resembled a large amount of wood. Then suddenly realising that this when put together formed two statues, that were the Ka statues of a Pharaoh, when stood on their original plinth their total height would be in access of 5ft, and placed either side of the entrance doorway of the burial chamber. These two figures are now in the British Museum, if you look carefully at the eyes, they meet you at a 45 degree angle. In other words, as you approached these, from down the centre of a passage way of a tomb, both sets of eyes would come upon you, and the 'curse of the Pharaoh would be put upon you' accordingly, through the power of the Ka. The moment Howard Carter saw similar such statues, he knew that the body of Tutankhmon lay beyond the sealed wall. What I am certain that he did not realise, but should have, at this point, is that no way was this the original tomb of the Pharaoh. Carter more than likely only realised this when he discovered that the outer gilded shrine had to be cut to fit into the limited space, when initially placed there.

Back to the tomb of Set I. It is my belief that there are grounds believe that during the reign of Ramesses III, the tomb of Ramesses the Great, as he would now be known, had been inspected, and discovered that it was in a serious state of collapse, therefore removed the body of the Pharaoh. Evidently, the multi cased coffins and various multi sacophagus could not possibly be removed as one, and that is why we have nothing in that tomb today. I believe he would have had a similar inner coffin to that of Seti, though now lost. As for the wooden coffin of Ramesses II, now in Cairo, I like many others believe this is not his. I suspect that both these great pharaohs were placed in a side chamber each in their alabaster coffins, then the wall sealed up for their protection, and decorated accordingly.

Many of us are aware of the harem 'crisis' that occurred during the reign of Ramasses III, which evidently carried on log after his death. It is not until we get to Ramesses VIII, that we begin to see a little stability. I believe that the small and certainly un-finished tomb number K.V. 19, perhaps in my opinion, the most beautiful and artistic in the whole valley, was in fact prepared for him. It seems his reign last little more than a year, and therefore, with the fact that ancient tomb raiding was rampant at this time, I believe Ramessis IX placed this previous pharaohs remains in a coffin and along with his funerary equipment within yet another chamber of Seti I's tomb, then sealed up, and painted appropriately to the style of Seti's tomb.

At the end of the XX Dynasty all the great Pharaohs were removed from their tombs, and of course the priests knew exactly where the great Seti and Ramesses had been hidden, I fear that like another lesser known Pharaoh, Ramessies VIII had been forgotten.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

All very interesting but regarding Joann Fletcher, " a word to the wize" 'ginger birds are always trouble, in the end.
also, fat birds cum quick...'just a thought!... back to old things & pharaohs... :cool:
ask Zahi!
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

You've lost me A four, I was expecting the most important question, perhaps you have answered it. For me with less knowledge than you can you give me the question and answer.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

carrie wrote:You've lost me A four, I was expecting the most important question, perhaps you have answered it. For me with less knowledge than you can you give me the question and answer.
Sorry Carrie, what I am trying to determine here is chiefly the question in comman as raised by Frater, who seems to be a little messed up with his information about Seti's tomb. Above I have set out certain information that is, shall we say, 'out there' either in books or media, HOWEVER, I have set sufficient clues above for HIM to answer, if he has the knowledge, that is, shall we say, not readily available in such outlets.

It is now that I wait with BAITED breath.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Ahh, I get it now, we are now playing Cluedo :up ... for those that haven't a clue.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

As I told u A-for my initial visit of the tonb was when it was just finishing up tgere were no attributes in thier but it is likely that those statues were later attributed in the tomb sometime after my visit during Seti's reign.

The only burial that I know was moved as my father's Seti had his goods and his remains moved to another location. There was a face on his coffin the last time I saw it.

Oh to finally put this age debate on him my father was not in his forties he looked to be between twenty-five to twenty seven the last time I saw him

Ok so Thumosis is dead and granted his age of death was twelve and Akhenaten being the fifth born he had to have been eight years old( the same age as Tut) when he became crown Prince.

It likely that he had six or several kids before he reached 30. Heck my mother did. Right now im the eldest of six on my mothers household

I still say that Mery, Mek and Ankh were a year apart. Ankh and Mery were close in age so I know it's likely.
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

Finally I am not mixed up about Seti's tomb I told you what I knew I visited it at a very time when it was almost done and the second time I came to the valley I stood on a cliff while Seti patrolled the area.

Two people were supposed to be buried there that was me and Seti but unfortunately I did not I'm(still) elsewhere.

Seti's tomb got robbed by my Nubian Lover so I doubt that there would v e any grave goods there well at least some significant items.
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

What torn me away from Seti is the day Tuya rode into town with her new born son, Ramses II.

Tuya would go to upper Egypt to do whatever it is that she was up to she would go every chance that she got. Thus gave Seti every opportunity to get close to me. And in her place I helped design and planned many of his monuments. We were so much in love however I didn't expect what happened to happen next.

I failed to realize that Seti wasn't mine that he still was with Tuya. We both was sharing him but in the end only ine of us could have him and it was Tuya. I was complete unaware that she was pregnant.

On early morning, I awoke with a smile on my face totally excited about this new day I was going to spend with Seti suddenly I heard loud cheering coming from the outside. Everyone was gathered up in the center of the town for Tuya but she wasn't alone. In avhorse drawn chairot Seti and Tuya rode into town with thier new bundle of joy.

Seti sat in his chariot proud and delighted of his new born (second) sob he showed everyone in the entire city his new born boy lifting him uo for all to see.

Everyone but me was overwhelmed and happy about the arrival of this new Prince everyone except me.

At that very moment it was the end of the line for me. Attempting to stir Seti's attention towards me I called out to him several times finally I got a response telling me " back away servant!"

Immediately my heart dropped those words broke me into tears. Everyone in the area began yelling at me telling me to back away from thier pharoah.

My sisters watch as my whole world came crashing down and from the looks of thier eyes they felt my pain they knew good and well that this was going to happen.

After that embarrassing moment everyone followed the couple back to thier palace in celebration of thier new born. But I walked in self pity back home crying my eyes out. That was the end of my relationship with Seti.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Hard to follow all this Frater. I've totally lost the plot.

We're you a child of Akhenaton & but later a lover of Seti 1...in one and the same "dream"?

How could the people be referring to their "pharoah" Seti, cradling Ramesses....surely he was born long before Seti ascended the throne?
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

newcastle wrote:Hard to follow all this Frater. I've totally lost the plot.

We're you a child of Akhenaton & but later a lover of Seti 1...in one and the same "dream"?

How could the people be referring to their "pharoah" Seti, cradling Ramesses....surely he was born long before Seti ascended the throne?
Yes I was one and the same person I was a child of Akhenaten and the lover of Seti I.

The Ramses that i'm talking about is Ramses II.

I believe the time between Ay and Ramses I was recorded wrong I believe it should be four years and one month.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Frater0082 wrote:

Yes I was one and the same person I was a child of Akhenaten and the lover of Seti I.

I believe the time between Ay and Ramses I was recorded wrong I believe it should be four years and one month.
Points to consider Frater :

Tutankhamum came to the throne after the death of Akhenaton and therefore several years after you were born (didn't you say you were the eldest?) . What have you done with the years of Tut's reign and Horemheb's? Seems you would have been a bit old to catch Seti's eye?

Ramesses II acceded to the throne in his early twenties and was therefore born several years before Seti I became pharoah. In fact he would have been born sometime during Horemheb's reign which is why Ramesses I was a suitable successor to Horemheb....having a living child & grandchild ready to perpetuate a dynasty. So how could you have witnessed the people cheering "pharoah" Seti I and the newborn Ramesses II ?

Of course the scribes recording regnal years (at least 15 in Horemheb's case, even allowing for the possibility that he subsumed those of Ay & Tut & Akhenaton) may have been mistaken or colluding in some conspiracy....or your recollections may be at fault.

I often awake from dreams and, in the few seconds before the memories disappear, realise that the events which seemed so rational during the dream are, in fact impossible to rationalise.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I see that you are really getting the hots for this debate, or should that be debacle, newcastle. :up
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

newcastle wrote:
Frater0082 wrote:

Points to consider Frater :

Tutankhamum came to the throne after the death of Akhenaton and therefore several years after you were born (didn't you say you were the eldest?) . What have you done with the years of Tut's reign and Horemheb's? Seems you would have been a bit old to catch Seti's eye?

Ramesses II acceded to the throne in his early twenties and was therefore born several years before Seti I became pharoah. In fact he would have been born sometime during Horemheb's reign which is why Ramesses I was a suitable successor to Horemheb....having a living child & grandchild ready to perpetuate a dynasty. So how could you have witnessed the people cheering "pharoah" Seti I and the newborn Ramesses II ?

Of course the scribes recording regnal years (at least 15 in Horemheb's case, even allowing for the possibility that he subsumed those of Ay & Tut & Akhenaton) may have been mistaken or colluding in some conspiracy....or your recollections may be at fault.

I often awake from dreams and, in the few seconds before the memories disappear, realise that the events which seemed so rational during the dream are, in fact impossible to rationalise.
No i was the youngest i was the last child of Akhenaten, i came at the very end of the Amarna Period, so I know little of the time before me but I know the critical parts that you all are looking for

What happened to Nefertiti
What happened to Kiya
What happened to Tiye
Who was Queen Nebetnehat
Who was Kiya's daughter
What happened to Meritaten and the other Amarna princesses
what happened to Ankhesenamun
and what took place during the early Ramesside period

Year 16 of Akhenaten was the critical time for the royal family because this was the the time when things were seriously falling apart. We have Nefertiti and Tiye dying in this year, and Kiya being banished away for the murder of Nefertiti(Nebetah). Smenkhkare disappears around this time and papa being very ill

Papa remained hidden behind the walls of the palace for the remainder of his reign and i believe Smenkhkare and Nefertiti acted as Co-regents until papa got well, but we all know that this did not happen.

The Amarna period wasn't chaotic as everyone think it was, at least from my one year old eyes. I was 1 and 1/2 years old by year 16 so again i was extremely young by the end of this era.

Yeah, I know you were going to throw up Horemheb and i've asked myself the same questions as to if this was real how do you explain horemheb's reign

My initial idea was that perhaps i did return in Horemheb's time but didn't see him because I was assigned to be the servant of Seti but still I would have at least see him a few times, but I didn't, I saw Ramses I and Sitre.

Queen Sitre, was a person of question because unlike Ramses I, Seti, and that spoiled Tuya she was the kind one. This puzzled me a lot until I realized that she could also have been Tia, the wet nurse of my sister Ankh. Another Hint to this, was when Beketaten attacked her that day. There had to been a reason for Beke to attack Sitre and I know its not because Sitre was a snobby queen, because she wasn't, she was adored by all, especially myself. When Beke was about to be executed, Sitre has a really sad look on her face and hurt too. I think the Tia part of Sitre's name was left off perhaps because the Rammesides wanted to hide their association with the former ruling family which was very much walking around.

My second idea is that maybe Horemheb combined the years of Ay and Tutankhamen claiming that he was the true king of those times. Because he was technically the brawn behind Tutankhamun, he was the head of the king's army and even his designated heir to the throne its likely that he had more power than we all realize.

When I return and entered that palace I saw Seti on the throne probably acted as Co-regent to his father sitting next to Tuya. Seti did had an older son before Rammese but he died before he reached the age of ten. Seti was wearing the blue Khepresh crown when Ramses was born so indefinitely he was born within the reign of Seti I.

The Rammesides did attempted to remove anything from the Amarna Period out of existence, well except myself, Beketaten, Meritaten, Ankhesenamun, Tetenaten(or Tenta'ten), Setepenre, Neferneferuaten-Tasherit, and Neferneferure, oh! and our cousin Psetenupe. Ankh, Mery, Setepenre, and myself were of value

When my mother came to free us from our bondage, Seti refused to let us go.
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

Ramses(the great) was just as spoiled as his mother and everyone, especially me didn't like this.

The day came when i finally had enough. Seti ordered me to carry out an order and I refuse. "No" I told the king shocking him and everyone in that room. Seti ordered me to carry out the order " You will do as i say" he commanded and i refused again.

For my disobedience, I was placed before all to be whipped, by Seti himself. I was bond by hands and feet with my back turned to the Pharaoh as he whipped me. Several times he begged me to look at him and numerous times. I could here the pain and tears in Seti's eyes as he commanded me to look back at him. I refuse until I couldn't take no more lashing. Thinking that everything was ok between us he walks away, my sisters rushed to my aid. They wanted to do something so bad when i was getting whipped but they couldn't they too were afraid of Seti's wrath.

I demoted from palace servant to working on building the king's monument's and temples. Seti and his Cohorts mocked and teased me as I struggled to keep up with the rest of the workers. Seti only made my hate for him grew stronger and I was just heating up

That night as my sisters clean my lashes. Seti came to check up on me, I kept my head turned from him the entire time i was lying down and my sisters answered for me. He just stood in the doorway looking at me until he couldn't bare standing there anymore. I wept the entire time.

One other night he brought a guard to our door for me. I was to meet the Pharaoh alone in his throneroom. Seti asked me " Why have I forsaken him" and i responded I did not. those were the only words that came out of my mouth because there was a brief silence between us for a long period of time until he dismissed me.

Finally when I had enough of the Rammesides I got up when everyone was asleep, I left.