Get ready to set your clocks forward, back, forward, back

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Maakari
United Kingdom

Re: Get ready to set your clocks forward, back, forward, bac

Post by Maakari »

SO........................... :? :? :? :? (sorry, just done a 12 hour shift, brain cells gone!)
When I come in June, my flight itinary is 15.00 Heathrow, landing 20.45 Cairo, leaving to Luxor at 22.45, what changes??????? what will be the stopover now??????? Duhhhhhh, Can not work it out!
Coming back the flight direct to Luxor is at 10.10am ,gather this is still the same????? but how many hours will i have to put my watch back (or forward )when I land on British terra firma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gulp, I will probably just end up staying in the airport at Cairo like Tom Hanks in "terminal"!

Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Brian Yare »

Maakari wrote:SO........................... :? :? :? :? (sorry, just done a 12 hour shift, brain cells gone!)
When I come in June, my flight itinary is 15.00 Heathrow, landing 20.45 Cairo, leaving to Luxor at 22.45, what changes??????? what will be the stopover now??????? Duhhhhhh, Can not work it out!
Coming back the flight direct to Luxor is at 10.10am ,gather this is still the same????? but how many hours will i have to put my watch back (or forward )when I land on British terra firma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gulp, I will probably just end up staying in the airport at Cairo like Tom Hanks in "terminal"!
I can't comment on the timing of the flight, but if this stupid new law is passed then the time difference will be 2 hours, not 1 hour as at present.
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Brian Yare »

The EgyptAir site is not yet showing any changed times.
Azurite

Post by Azurite »

Many years ago a friend and myself were staying at the Etap and were doing one day rest and mooch around town and next day a trip out. We had arranged to be picked up at 9 am on our trip out days, so this particular day we had our breakfast and went out to our taxi, after a short while our driver pointed to a dial and told us he had a new time ... we said .. lovely, thinking he meant a new clock, a bit later he mentioned it again when we got back to the Etap we arranged for our next trip with him, to which he replied is that 9am your time or 9am my time, we then realized he had been waiting for us for an hour because the clocks had changed, needless to say we felt awful, but then we all got hysterics because of us thinking he had been showing off a " new clock" in his taxi !!!
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

I had one foot in a bathtub with a view of Cairo by night and my right index finger in the ring of a Stella can when the hotel staff knocked on my door and said that my taxi was waiting. I had a plane to catch an hour earlier than I thought and a second later that would have cost me a large Stella! I go dressed, packed fast and rushed downstairs.The beer survived the security check in Zürich Airport and I forgot about it until a week later I found it in a pocket of my rucksack when I was in the country side, funnily just as my beer loving brother turned up. That is how he got his first and probably last Stella.
:br
Another time an over friendly shopkeeper near Cairo Museum who always had a line ready and tried to get you into his perfume shop and home to meet his wife, told me that the clock was changing that night. I could not ignore this and hurried back to the same hotel to pack and go to the domestic airport. The next few years, every time I passed the shop, which was very often, the man would say: "Hey, my friend, remember me? I helped you once.", something I usually manage to avoid, but thanks to him, I caught the plane to Luxor.
:Phew:
Next time, I have a short connection in Cairo, leaving very early in the morning, so I really want to make sure. If I book a ticket online from Luxor, I never bother to print it because the early flight is usually cancelled, which gives me an excuse to get Egyptair to print my ticket - well they do that anyway.

:br
Maakari
United Kingdom

Post by Maakari »

Thank you for your email, kindly note our flights schedule will not be affected with Egypt Daylight saving hours.

The flight you book on our website are your flying timings , if we get a schedule change we contact you by phone or by email to advise you the new timing.

For further assistance , please don’t hesitate to contact us.
This was the E.mail I received today from Egyptair,after explaining that their website has not showed the clock changes on any of their flight itinaries from May 15th when the new DST Starts.
Still confused...............It must have an impact on the landing times surely, if the clocks go forward an extra hour then the 20.45 Heathrow plane will now land at 21.45, thus only leaving 1 hour to connect to the 22.45 plane to Luxor??
The web page still says 2hours stopover, but still flying at 23.45! I AM TOTALLY BAMBOOZLED!
Am going to E.Mail them again to clarify Landing times!
:? :?
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Maakari wrote:Thank you for your email, kindly note our flights schedule will not be affected with Egypt Daylight saving hours.

The flight you book on our website are your flying timings , if we get a schedule change we contact you by phone or by email to advise you the new timing.

For further assistance , please don’t hesitate to contact us.
This was the E.mail I received today from Egyptair,after explaining that their website has not showed the clock changes on any of their flight itinaries from May 15th when the new DST Starts.
Still confused...............It must have an impact on the landing times surely, if the clocks go forward an extra hour then the 20.45 Heathrow plane will now land at 21.45, thus only leaving 1 hour to connect to the 22.45 plane to Luxor?

The web page still says 2hours stopover, but still flying at 23.45! I AM TOTALLY BAMBOOZLED!
Am going to E.Mail them again to clarify Landing times!
:? :?
Well....the best of luck :cg

I have just looked at the Easyjet website for their regular flight to Hurghada next Friday and, to no surprise, they haven't made any adjustment for the clock change here in Egypt. Oh well.....they still have a few days to get their act together. I haven't checked on Thomson & Thomas Cook yet but I'm not anticipating any surprises there either :lol:
FABlux
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by FABlux »

We went to see Mr Emil yesterday because we are due to fly 26th May and he had spoken to Egyptair HO again that morning and they still say the same thing. Maybe they are going to fly extra fast to make up the hour between here and the UK! :lol:

He said wait until after 15th & by then they may have sorted it out, or else they are hoping the Gov't will abandon the whole idea & they won't need to make any changes. :?:
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

:le:
FABlux wrote:Maybe they are going to fly extra fast to make up the hour... :lol: :?:
:yy That's what I'm hoping!
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

BENNU wrote::le:
FABlux wrote:Maybe they are going to fly extra fast to make up the hour... :lol: :?:
:yy That's what I'm hoping!

Or you can run extra fast when you arrive in Cairo :lol:
Maakari
United Kingdom

Post by Maakari »

OH my God....Run extra fast??!
You have'nt seen me...Mo Farrah I ain't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lets hope it's the first scenario, and we will fly at Warp speed to make up the difference! No travelators at any Airport in the world is ready for the pounding of my hooves in hot pursuit of a connecting flight!
By the way Egyptair said " if we can be of further assistance please get back to us"
I have, and they have'nt been of any further assistance!
BBLUX
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Location: Winter in West Bank, Luxor and La Vienne, France in Summer
France

Post by BBLUX »

Chill! there's plenty of time left for the decision to be changed at least a few more times. Egyptair will do nothing until the clock shifts have actually started...or not as the case maybe ;)

We have an excellent man who will know when anything happens and will call us immediately. We are flying out later this month so will need to know.

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
Maakari
United Kingdom

Post by Maakari »

Lovely ! It is good to know I will have a person who has a person in the know if this actually happens tomorrow!
It gives me time to put on a heavy rucksack, get my self a pair of lurid shocking pink lycra jogging leggings, get a Garmin running watch, and starting pounding the pavements in order to get fit for the 2 minute sprint to the next plane! (Paramedics at the ready please!)
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Speaking to my landlord this evening he said they have changed their minds :?:
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

carrie wrote:Speaking to my landlord this evening he said they have changed their minds :?:
:roll: Something 'they' do with alarming frequency!
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

Maakari wrote: It gives me time to put on a heavy rucksack, get my self a pair of lurid shocking pink lycra jogging leggings, get a Garmin running watch, and starting pounding the pavements in order to get fit for the 2 minute sprint to the next plane!

:bg: So, what's the problem? ;)) :skip:
Maakari
United Kingdom

Post by Maakari »

Me running is wrong on sooooo many levels!
I love to dance and can do so with gusto, My flesh undulating is part of the dance, it is response to the rythym, it is expected that my body moves with music........to run red faced, glowing, panting,bosom heaving hair asunder, flesh slapping, nay, thundering against other flesh......now that is not a good image to show to the cosomopolitan travellers of Cairo airport.
I wait with bated breath before June flight! will they? won't they?
T'other half says his watch, clocks, cooker, microwave are still firmly set to 1 hour ahead and he has not heard anything to the contary for tomorrow. :C
Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Chocolate Eclair »

At what time on the 15th May 2014, do we move the clocks, GMT would be moved at midnight or has near as dammit to midnight on the 14th May 2014. It is now 6.20am on the 15th so is it really 7.30am or do we wait for someone to tell us what time to move the clocks forward?
Bearded Brian
Top Member
Top Member
Cambodia

Post by Bearded Brian »

Just checked my flight for 31 May - I leave Heathrow at the original time - arrive Cairo one hour later than the original and my Flight to Luxor leaves an hour later than the original so I'm back to having 2 hours between flights - no running for me thank god.
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

Bearded Brian wrote:Just checked my flight for 31 May - I leave Heathrow at the original time - arrive Cairo one hour later than the original and my Flight to Luxor leaves an hour later than the original so I'm back to having 2 hours between flights - no running for me thank god.
Will this change affect your arrangements getting home from the airport Brian?