Discount Shopping

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Discount Shopping

Post by DJKeefy »

I did a bit of shopping at Kheir Zaman supermarket last night, I paid my shopping bill and the cashier handed me my receipt and said you got 18LE free, I think he meant I got 18.55LE discount on the items I bought.

I am wondering if this is a special promotion by Kheir Zaman supermarket or something that the government announced a few months ago that prices would be reduced the last 10 days of the month?
-----------------------------------------------------
"Consumer goods prices to be reduced at the end of each month, supply minister promises.

Minister of Supply and Internal Trade Mohamed Abu Shady announced an initiative on Tuesday to reduce the prices of consumer goods in the last ten days of each month by 40 percent so as to alleviate the impact of the current recession."

Source: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=32988
-----------------------------------------------------

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Discount Shopping

Post by Dusak »

Last week when I got the KZ jolly hopper bus home with my monthly shop, the driver told me that on the 20th of this month the shop was giving out 25% discount on everything except cigs. I meant to post it on here but got to excited finally having some food in to eat.

Speaking of food, I have just had my order from the German Pork shop delivered which is in the big H, 1kg of belly pork, 3kg of gammon and 1kg of pork sausage with cheese and ham stuffing. They all look absolutely disgustingly yummy. I will sort my extra large waist trousers out. Cost 670Le if any one interested. :eat PS, I think a belly pork butty would cheer GD up a tad. :up
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Chocolate Eclair »

This 15% offer is on until 20/12/2013, and is brilliant we had a 105le discount this week on our shopping. I hope they do more promotions in the future. :br: :br:
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

I went there yesterday and DID NOT get a discount.To be fair only bought a couple of things so maybe you have to spend over a certain amount.
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

So is this just KZ doing this CE? or is Ragabs and others doing the same due to what the Minister of Supply and Internal Trade announced a few months back. (mind you he quoted 40% off)
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Minister of Supply and Internal Trade Mohamed Abu Shady
Sad name, "I had a pal once called Bill Shits he got so fed up he changed it Charlie Shits….joke it's a joke….:cool:
I remember once jumping back into on coming traffic in Cairo to snap a fluorescent sign emblazoning Mustafa Kamels Chinese Take Away I nearly died that night, mind you I was legless at the time…..
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I've shopped in them all this week Keefy, KZ is the only one. Apparently its an anniversary ''gift'' to their loyal customers, so staff say.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.