Abu Islam and son imprisoned for insulting Christianity

Luxor has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Abu Islam and son imprisoned for insulting Christianity

Post by DJKeefy »

Nasr City Misdemeanour Court has sentenced Abu Islam, the controversial Salafi preacher, to 11 years in prison for insulting Christianity and threatening public security.

The court sentenced Abu Islam, otherwise known as Ahmed Mohamed Mahmoud Abdallah, for disparaging Egypt's minority faith, vandalising a Bible and disturbing public security, setting a bail of LE3,000 to potentially suspend the punishment.

The court also sentenced Abu Islam's son to 8 years in prison for complicity with his father.

Prosecutors received several reports accusing Abu Islam and his son of contempt of Christianity after they tore up and set alight a Bible in front of the US embassy ​​amid September 2011 protests against the incendiary "Innocence of Muslims" film considered deeply offensive to the Prophet Mohamed.

Video evidence proved the defendants guilty.

Abu Islam owns the Al-Umma satellite channel and is director of the Islamic Enlightenment Centre.

Source: http://www.egyptindependent.com/news/ab ... ristianity

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Re: Abu Islam and son imprisoned for insulting Christianity

Post by DJKeefy »

I'm I reading this wrong "setting a bail of LE3,000 to potentially suspend the punishment"

So if he pays 3,000LE then he wont do the time in jail?

How come the Christian woman (teacher) from Luxor was fined 100,000LE for supposingly insulting Islam.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Just said that, as I tried to post and you beat me to it Keefy.. :up But I will keep it in there anyway..

8 years for insulting a book that isn't even true, nor ever refereed to as an accurate historic set of documents by the establishment... :cg Mother of God.... :o

These people are F*****g mental !!!...

Lord, lift me out of this illusion... :cool:

As a footnote.. It appears to be cheaper to insult Christianity then it is to insult Islam, what did that teacher get ? 100,000 LE Fine.. :tk
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

And all because she asked her class of Muslim children to chose a name for the 'teddybear, mind you I once had a parrot called 'Jesus...:cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Who2 wrote:And all because she asked her class of Muslim children to chose a name for the 'teddybear, mind you I once had a parrot called 'Jesus...:cool:
That's another one Who2, I was on about the most recent case :)
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

This is what an Egyptian wrote on facebook, replying to my question.
Mohamed Mansour - hi dear friend , about christian teacher , thats not final judg and she will not pay that 100 000 now she just paid 20 000 to be free till the appointment of her judg and till now there no final judg for her i heard thats will be n october

about abu islam thats final judg he didnt pay this money to not be n the jail no he paid this as a fine even he will be out of the jail but he cant go abroad and he must go twice per day to police point in his stay area , thats judg not spiecially for him thats famus judg in many cases as to get a gun without licans also in case of insult other pbl

i hope i could explain somethin useful as i refused completly the way of dome salafys who insult the Art and media and religion

have a good day