Going Nuclear

Luxor has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Going Nuclear

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Last summer Israeli's Netanyahu advised that within a year Iran would be nuclear. Now the projected time is arriving and arriving real soon. Do you think Iran WILL be allowed to go nuclear? Where do you think Morsi and the MB will stand on this?

Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Re: Going Nuclear

Post by Zooropa »

In my opinion Iran will not go nuclear.

I think they are being very clever a la North Korea, I think most people realise that firing off nuclear weapons is futile.

Give one, get one, result:

everyone loses.

What North Korea have achieved is considerable economic insentives to curtail their nuclear program, mainly from the states.

Every now and then they will carry out "testing" just to keep the money and benefits flowing in.

I think this is what Iran are up to and im sure it will work.

Perish the thought that the MB would want in on some of the action, they cant even effectively run a police force in Luxor let alone embark on a nuclear program.

That would be very scary!
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

LovelyLadyLux wrote:Last summer Israeli's Netanyahu advised that within a year Iran would be nuclear. Now the projected time is arriving and arriving real soon. Do you think Iran WILL be allowed to go nuclear? Where do you think Morsi and the MB will stand on this?
As far away as possible. :up
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Hafiz
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Hafiz »

Islam/Arabic countries are worse than divorcing couples and live in a state of near perpetual dispute. A sure way of bringing them together would for US/Israel attacking one of them.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Hafiz wrote:Islam/Arabic countries are worse than divorcing couples and live in a state of near perpetual dispute. A sure way of bringing them together would for US/Israel attacking one of them.
And kill even more countless innocent civilians, good suggestion.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

I don't think Hafiz was suggesting anything Dusak, merely stating a truth as they see it.

Not far from the probable truth I would say!
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Will be interesting once Iran has elections. Mahmoud Ahmenadinijad can't be elected again. Wonder who will be next and if it will leave Iran with the question - better the devil you know?
Hafiz
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Hafiz »

There are 8 candidates for the election. 380 persons 'applied' to run but the chief Islamic tribunal ruled 372 ineligible. One of the successful 8 is related by marriage to the supreme leader. A number of them are considered pure dolts and stooges by the western media.

The 2 candidates who lost the last election 4 years ago remain under house arrest. Rafsanjani (sic), a previous president, was ruled unqualified to stand in 2013.

I have Lebanese and Syrian friends who laud the Iranian 'democracy', will not hear a word against it and who are impervious to evidence to the contrary. They will blindly support Iran as long as it opposes the US. There is a lot of similar thinking in the region, including in Egypt.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

The Brits are now considering replenishing their nukes that they have never ever used in 30 years..
Nukes are a waste of time and money.
Why ? When we do use them we will be plunged back into the stoneage... Again... :cg
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

Bullet, perhaps you might want to consider the possibility that we have never had to use them because we have them?

I have some expertise in this area.

The amount of jobs created in many, many spin off industries because of nuclear weapons development would surprise you.

Many technological and medical advances have been made as a direct result of nuclear development.

Do not listen to the tree huggers when they tell you that we can manage our power needs with a collection of useless wind farms and other costly "renewables".

The clock is ticking and my advice to anyone with any money is to invest it in a very big candle making factory.

Unless the idiots in charge of our power needs wake up and smell the coffee then you would clean up because, trust me, the lights are going to start going out.

Of course also, the extra cost on our energy bills we are paying for this alternative power investment/research is just what we need when we are in such dodgy economic times.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

I'm not against Nuclear power in any way Zooropa... :stp

Weapons, yes, we know too well the devastation they cause, the Yanks proved it twice in Hiroshima and Nagasaki..
( esoterically speaking, it can cause havoc in other dimensions too.. )

It's the most logical power source to use, as it is self breeding, one of the most useful things to mankind next to hemp.

If we are going to move on up the evolutionary ladder, even at the obvious human level, we will have a massive demand for power, and to shy away from nuclear is simply ridiculous...
Until more of earth's natural power is rediscovered, we will be slaves to the oil companies, who are responsible for the strangulation of innovative alternative energy sources.. Money again..

Sod this current "Green Energy" it's all a con..
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

As terrible as the nuclear attacks on Japan were, they saved hundreds of thousands if not millions of lives.

Just take Okinawa as an example, these stats are shocking:

1st April to 22June 1945

183,000 allied troops v 120,000 Japanese

Casualties 12,000 allied, 95,000 Japanese

Civilian casualties between 42,000 and 150,000.

And this was a small island which took nearly three months to subdue.

When US intelligence said it would take potentially years and many millions of lives to conquer mainland Japan, then I'm afraid the dice were cast.

It was an awful end but probably in the scheme of things, a mercifully quick one.