TV series

Luxor is ancient Thebes and has a fascinating past. Share your knowledge or ask your questions here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

nanavira
Serbia & Montenegro

Re: TV series

Post by nanavira »

Is was simply a case of cut & paste – pooly done. To see the original see John Romer’s Ancient Lives (1984) :dv

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

nanavira wrote:Is was simply a case of cut & paste – pooly done. To see the original see John Romer’s Ancient Lives (1984) :dv
Totally, totally agree with you Nanavira.
Cyprus100
United Kingdom

Post by Cyprus100 »

I've downloaded the first episode but not seen it yet. However, lots of my friends in UK are raving about it - so she must have done something right?

I can't say as I recognise her name but maybe when I get round to watching it, I will recognise her face. I'm not very good with TV personalities or celebrities as they don't particularly interest me. There's only a select few I can name from a photo.
Michele,
Previously living in Limassol, Cyprus but now back in UK since 2016 :-(
Egypt is now so far away....
Darkstar
United Kingdom

Post by Darkstar »

I agree with Scottish tourist, and for once with Jewel, Dr Joan Fletcher obviously has a love of Egypt and it's history. This shows in her enthusiastic presentation of her programmes, along with others like Dr Bob Briers and Bettany Hughes who enjoy what they do. Their enthusiasm can be passed on to the viewers via emotional carthesis, and make others want to visit Egypt. Their programmes are not aimed at the intellectual sector, but at 'the man in the street' and as such they work. Surely this will attract more folk to visit Luxor, which can only be a good thing. Those on here who live in their ivory towers and look down with disdain on the ' unwashed masses' should think about this. So there :P :)
Nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit.
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

Funny how we differently see stuff isn't it? Fletcher is the female version of Hawass in my opinion. More Hollywood than Egyptologist. Will do anything to get on screen and of course was booted out of Egypt for breaking protocol.

Find it difficult to take her seriously im afraid.
Distant Sun

Post by Distant Sun »

I agree with Scottish Tourist and Jewel, Joanne Fletcher makes a very engaging presenter, her love for her subject shines through her presentation.

Very refreshing.