Bakeries instructed to stock up on fuel

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Bakeries instructed to stock up on fuel

Post by DJKeefy »

Hossam Arafat, chairman of the department of petroleum products in the General Federation of Chambers of Commerce said Tuesday that bakeries should stock the diesel requirements over the next 10 days.

Arafat added that bakery owners must heed governmental instructions and buy sufficient diesel quantities for this period.

He warned that bakery owners who do not do so will be compelled to buy fuel on the black market at high prices, and bear the price of not following these instructions.

Gas stations' owners have been instructed to give priority to bakers and provide them with diesel fuel at subsidized prices, Arafat said, pointing out that the storage capacity of any bakery is enough to store amounts of diesel sufficient for 10 days.

Abdallah Ghorab, head of the bakeries department in the General Federation of Chambers of Commerce, said that all bakeries nationwide suffer from the lack of diesel and its high prices. He noted that some station owners have increased prices.

Ghorab stressed that no bakery has so far stopped production due to lack of diesel, but that not all bakeries have the capacity to store fuel that will be sufficient for 10 days.

Source: http://www.egyptindependent.com/news/ba ... stock-fuel

Teddyboy
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Re: Bakeries instructed to stock up on fuel

Post by Teddyboy »

Although I haven't been 'behind the scenes' so to speak; I haven't noticed any bakeries in Luxor running their ovens on diesel, they all seem to burn gas. I wouldn't have thought that diesel burned cleanly enough to pass any country's food preparation regulations. To be quite frank, I'm amazed!