Summer reading

The Literary Corner is a place to discuss your favourite books and authors and to add your own poems and stories.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

jewel
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Summer reading

Post by jewel »

What books are you going to read this summer holiday?
mine are:

'The Passage' by Justin Cronin.
'Every so often a novel-reader's novel comes along: an enthralling, entertaining story wedded to simple, supple prose, both informed by tremendous imagination. Read 15 pages, and you will find yourself captivated; read 30 and you will find yourself taken prisoner and reading late into the night. It had the vividness that only epic works of fantasy and imagination can achieve. What else can I say? This: read this book and the ordinary world disappears.' (Stephen King )

'Do not be put off by its size. This apocalyptic thriller is epic in scale, terrifying and totally absorbing. Stephen King loves it and the film rights have already gone to Ridley Scott. The hype around this book is extraordinary, but it absolutely lives up to every word. You will not be disappointed.' (W H Smith Fiction Buyer Sue Scholes )

"You can't label it a thriller, horror, science fiction, supernatural or literary fiction because actually it's all of those and more. Cronin has a vision and imagination that has no bounds. It's a fantastic read that will grip you, entertain you, horrify you all in one go." (SAVIDGE READS )

'Wild Swimming' by Daniel Start
National Trust
"A book of wonderful things to do in Britain's rivers, lakes and waterfalls, including swimming with otters, discovering underground caves and even searching for gold"
Sunday Times Magazine...
"The first guidebook to Britain's freshwater swimming holes"

'Apartment 16' by Adam Nevill

Apartment 16 is setting the bar high for British horror writing this year. I'm not the most easily spooked of people when it comes to my reading choices; Apartment 16, however, managed to get me sleeping with the lights on, acted as the catalyst for two spectacular nightmares and turned the simple task of walking through my flat late at night to get a hot drink into the eeriest of beverage quests.' --Dark Fiction Review

`Not since reading Stephen King's It has a book managed to instill such a feeling of fear and disquiet in me... Apartment 16 is an excellent horror book from a talented author. Highly recommended.' --Fantasy Book Review

'A wonderfully written, deftly-plotted tale of terror. Apartment 16 kept me guessing right to the end, and kept me turning pages long into the night. If horror is going to make a comeback in 2010, this is the book to lead the charge. Highly recommended.'
--Speculative Horizons

What are you planning to read and why?

I don't have a plan......so nothing can go wrong!

Kiya
United Kingdom

Post by Kiya »

I've just ran out of reading material, these sound so thrilling, must look out for them. :D
[flash width=270 height=14 loop=true]ad_signatures//kiya-sig.swf[/flash]
Wills
United Kingdom

Post by Wills »

Taking Karin Slaughter and Kelley Armstrong. :D