Easy sweets

Find a selection of household tips and recipes for Egyptian Foods.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

SoCalledEgyptologist

Easy sweets

Post by SoCalledEgyptologist »

I'm having a little get together in my apartment for some friends tomorrow. We are just offering snacks and drinks, but I would like to offer something sweet too. I really like to bake, when I'm in Finland or England, but here I hardly ever do because I just can't find the ingredients for my "normal" recipies. I like baking but I'm really not very good in the kitchen, I mean I don't automatically know what I can replace with what or what I can skip :?

So could someone recommend some easy cake, brownie, pie etc recipe I could do here in Luxor? And please don't say go to Twinky's because I don't like egyptian sweets! :oops:

Hurghadapat

Post by Hurghadapat »

Pancakes rolled round a banana with a chocolate sauce to pour over or why not just make a nice fruit salad soaked in mango juice with either ice cream or yoghurt to accompany :P :P or make kebabs with fresh fruit or guava on sticks with blue cheese :)
always keep your words soft and sweet just incase you have to eat them
SoCalledEgyptologist

Post by SoCalledEgyptologist »

Mmm, sounds good Hurghadapat :) I was thinking more along the lines of some kind of fingerfood or something that would be easy to serve as people will be coming and going at different times. Some kind of brownies or something...
Hurghadapat

Post by Hurghadapat »

The bananas wrapped in a pancake are finger food as you cut them into small portions and just have a bowl of choc sauce to dip into
always keep your words soft and sweet just incase you have to eat them
Christine

Post by Christine »

:P :P :P Nice idea Pat.
On a similar theme using Banana's instead of sausage make banana rolls but instead of brushing with egg before you put em in the oven brush em with sugar water, or honey, then when you take them out of the oven, dust with icing sugar and eat them hot or cold.
You get out of life what you are prepared to put in x
Mimimay
United Kingdom

Post by Mimimay »

I love pancakes and I once got a real fancy for one with choclolate sauce whilst living in Luxor so decided to try and make them there and then. I used some Egyptian chocolate as it was all I could buy at the time from our local shop on the WestBank. Well you can imagine ! The darn stuff wouldn't budge ! Whatever it's made of don't have the consistency of chocolate so I just had the pancakes :lol: So...use proper chocolate SCE :lol:
Different eyes see different things......different hearts beat different strings Image