Basa, Pangasius fish fillet danger!!

Find a selection of household tips and recipes for Egyptian Foods.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

jewel
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by jewel »

When will the penny finally drop I wonder? The planets fish supplies are diminishing rapidly despite the unsavoury business of fish farming :(

Fish are living beings who share this increasingly fragile planet with the human beings who insist on plundering its finite resources and that include other living things. Overfishing has severely depleted the resources around our shores so we oncreasingly look further afield to satisfy our gargantuian appetites. Its very sad really ....I have recently given up all dairy products ,as the sheer cruelty involved in producing even milk is becoming more unsustainable and unacceptable.

I don't have a plan......so nothing can go wrong!

LivinginLuxor
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by LivinginLuxor »

And think of the cruelty to the poor vegetables, plucked out of their comfortable soil, and dumped into boiling water! Maybe you should stop eating anything, Jewel!
I might agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong!
Stan
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Not to mention the ceasarian operation carried out on pea pods to extract the premature baby peas that are subsequently dumped into boiling water, or frozen like sperm in a laboritory. :roll:
Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

I once managed to ruin the appetite of a fellow student who was quite obnoxious by mentioning my aversion to eating baby corn while she was eating some at lunchtime in the student lounge because it makes me think of aborted corn fetuses.
jewel
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by jewel »

Well you do have a point !! ;)
But seriously..................
That's why I lke to grow my own, so know that my vegetablea are 100% organic and have been lovingly treated and gathered with love and care - they do taste differently to mass produced GM modified pesticide and herbicide sprayed versions that are tasteless!! :) :D

Scott

Post by Scott »

ALL Living things reproduce, nourish, grow, die;
How can you murder a carrot???? LOL!
We make a living by what we get;
we make a life by what we give.
jewel
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by jewel »

We have less compassion for things such as fish, because they don't make any sounds, etc, the question are vegetables alive, and do they feel anything when they are eaten or ripped out of the ground? That is possible as I read an article where scientists proved lettuce emit a high pitched scream when being pulled from the ground.

Plants such as the tomato also have been known to abort their young! Although these abortions are often the result of stresses, they are physiological stresses and not emotional. For instance, fruit abortion is a defense mechanism of the plant to insure it will have sufficient water and nutrients to be able to mature a few fruit, rather than attempt to mature all of its fruits and cause none of them to make it.

Thus far, no one has been able to document a soul or a conscience of a tomato. Without these how can murder exist? If a plant were to have a soul or conscience, all animals in the wild would be vicious murderers, and deserve to be relegated to extinction in payment for their infringement on the rights of the defenseless weaker species (plants) they eat. Oops! They should be imprisoned for life since no being has no right to take the life of another. Or, perhaps man should be made to experience extinction because after all, plants and animals feel pain and suffering, and since man causes so much of it he should be removed from the planet. It can be easily accomplished, we just don’t eat anything living, or that was once alive!” :D

Especially for you Scott! ;)
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>