Allison Dubois "Medium" series... do you believe i

There is still great magic in Egypt and the rest of the world. The paranormal, astrology, leylines, rituals, telepathy and ESP interest us all. Discuss the mysterious aspects of life that appeal to your sixth sense here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Miriamkhalifa
Norway

Allison Dubois "Medium" series... do you believe i

Post by Miriamkhalifa »

This tv series is very popular and runs in many countries. I think it is a well-made series.

As we know, it is based on a true story, and the persons really exist

How much of it do you think is true and what is added for entertainment?

Do you think solving crimes through dreams like that is really possible?

"One band, two oil barrels, three chords, four dreams, five lies, six ties, seven deadly sins and eight ways to stay alive. They know who you are, they know where you live, they're the Kaizers Orchestra~"
LivinginLuxor
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by LivinginLuxor »

No
Most of it
Not in the slightest.

It's been on here, and I watch it - totally wooden acting, but at least Alison and her husband can spend much of the show in bed. If I was that long suffering man, I would either have divorced or murdered her years ago!
I might agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong!
Stan
Miriamkhalifa
Norway

Post by Miriamkhalifa »

I saw it in Egypt as well. Have seen a few interviews with the real Allison on youtube and she has her own site as well plus have written a few books.
"One band, two oil barrels, three chords, four dreams, five lies, six ties, seven deadly sins and eight ways to stay alive. They know who you are, they know where you live, they're the Kaizers Orchestra~"
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

I have always considered 'Mediums' to be charlatans and fakes, the great Houdini would often expose them by attending their seances and revealing how they conned the gullible. :)
Miriamkhalifa
Norway

Post by Miriamkhalifa »

Do you think it is true that the real alison dubois helped the police solving crimes through her visions?
Miriamkhalifa
Norway

Post by Miriamkhalifa »

LivinginLuxor
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by LivinginLuxor »

Yet again an emphatic "NO". She may have had a better insight into the situation than the police, but supernatural insight - no.
I might agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong!
Stan
Miriamkhalifa
Norway

Post by Miriamkhalifa »

This is really interesting, when they are advertising this as a real story, why don't anybody come out and deny that?

There was a topic here earlier talking about dreams coming true, and a lot of people had experienced that. Wonder how often that has to happen for you to be called a psychic ;)
Tigerlily

Post by Tigerlily »

I've read the real Allison Dubois' book and in it she actually says that she wasn't involved in solving the crimes as much as is portrayed in the TV series.
After reading her book I do believe that she has a special talent.
sue
United Kingdom

Post by sue »

I also believe that a lot of so called psychics are fakes but I also believe there a lot who are not and they have been invaluable to the police service over the years. There is much more to this world than what we can see, touch or feel.
As to the TV series I enjoyed it immensely and would say a fair bit was using poetic license but it was very entertaining. As to the scenes in bed, don't they wear a lot of night clothes in America :lol:
andy
United Kingdom

Post by andy »

Do I believe ?

NO

I Dont Drive Fast I Just Fly LOW
drwho

Post by drwho »

Bet you all believed in the word of your Dr though ?
If you alight from a Rolls Royce who'd believe your Rolex was a fake.
It's called window dressing, everyones a 'punter to a 'player...cogitate!...8)