Mafeesh muskillah (No problem!).

A light-hearted section of Jokes - Text Games - Only In Egypt Photos and Videos - Brainteasers and General Fun Stuff to while away the spare minutes of your day.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Mafeesh muskillah (No problem!).

Post by newcastle »

"A Day At The Shoe Shop" or "We've all been there!"

A more or less ‘ad verbatim’ record. Please pardon my pigeon-Egyptian parlance & lingo, blended with Anglo-Saxon flavour, starting with the Egyptian greetings ritual and routine, culminating in yet another ritual and routine...
Assalamu ‘alaykum
Ahlan wa sahlan
Masa al khair
Massa ‘an-Nur
Enta kwaish?
Al Hamdullilah ta mem, insha’ allah
Izzayak ya besha?
Kollu kwaish al hamdullilah
Illoch bar?
Ana kwaish, insha’ allah
Kollu kwaish?
Kollu ta mem, insha’ allah .
Kellam inglizi?
Uh?
Kellam inglizi?
Mafeesh muskillah
Ah, kwaish.
I am looking for a pair of shoes for men, mocassin style, brown, leather soles and size 44, min fadlak.
Huh?
I am looking for a pair of shoes for men, mocassin style, brown, leather soles and size 44, min fadlak.
Shoes?
Yes, for men, mocassin style, brown, leather soles and size 44, min fadlak.
Which size?
Arba’a arba’ienh, min fadlak
And not for ladies?
No, men’s, mocassin style, brown, leather soles and size 44, min fadlak.
Which color?
Brown, min fadlak.
Brown?
Yes, men’s, mocassin style, brown, leather soles and size 44, min fadlak.
And soles?
Yes, leather, min fadlak.
Are you sure?
Yes, men’s, mocassin style, brown, leather soles and size 44, min fadlak.
Any specific style?
Yes, mocassin min fadlak.
Why?
I like the model. So please, sir, one pair of shoes, men’s, mocassin style, brown, leather soles and size 44, min fadlak.
Not for ladies?
No, sir. So please, sir, one pair of shoes, men’s, mocassin style, brown, leather soles and size 44, min fadlak.
I have one pair of shoes, women’s, high heel model, black, size 39.
No thank you, sir, I just want one pair of shoes, men’s, mocassin style, brown, leather soles and size 44, min fadlak.
Mafeesh mushkilla.
But I need one pair of shoes, men’s, mocassin style, brown, leather soles and size 44, and you just said you only have one pair of shoes, ladies, boot model, black, plastic soles, size 39. And you just said mafeesh mushkilla.
Yes sir, that’s what I’m saying. Mafeesh mushkilla.

The morale of selling etiquette in a shoe shop. If in Egypt you want one pair of shoes, women’s, high heel model, black, size 39, ask for one pair of men’s shoes, mocassin style, brown, leather soles, size 44.

Tasba all khair & take care…

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Mafeesh muskillah (No problem!).

Post by Dusak »

On my shopping trip after the dentist the other day I also needed a new pair of sandals. Went into the shoe shop that I know sells a decent quality, told the man I wanted a pair of size 42/43 light brown open toe sandals with Velcro straps. He shot up the stairs, brought two pairs. Both were a perfect fit, I choosing the slightly lighter ones, paid the ticket price of 220Le, walked out of the door to meet her that thinks that I'm incapable of shopping on my own, showed her the sandals and all she could say was, ''Do they fit? Did you get them by yourself? Did you ask for discount?'' So I must of been lucky that day. :up
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

You were lucky Dusak, someone I heard of went in to buy a pair of shoes that were marked at 75le, when she went to pay was told that they were 150le the price shown was per shoe. :lol:
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

carrie wrote:You were lucky Dusak, someone I heard of went in to buy a pair of shoes that were marked at 75le, when she went to pay was told that they were 150le the price shown was per shoe. :lol:
Only in Egypt :lol:
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Horus wrote:
carrie wrote:You were lucky Dusak, someone I heard of went in to buy a pair of shoes that were marked at 75le, when she went to pay was told that they were 150le the price shown was per shoe. :lol:
Only in Egypt :lol:
I'd have bought one for 75LE (and chucked it in the Nile)..just to teach them a lesson.

See if they can sell the other one. :lol:
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

You will always find a one legged person looking for a bargain. :lol:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.