Is it you?

A light-hearted section of Jokes - Text Games - Only In Egypt Photos and Videos - Brainteasers and General Fun Stuff to while away the spare minutes of your day.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Is it you?

Post by Major Thom »

Horus is it you that keeps erasing some of my posts, especially the one on magpies, I may have got it in the wrong section, it should have been in the section Just For Fun, but you could have moved it for me, it was not offensive and no nmaes where mentioned. its te secod time I have posted this, and the second time its been deleted.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: Is it you?

Post by newcastle »

Major Thom wrote:Horus is it you that keeps erasing some of my posts, especially the one on magpies, I may have got it in the wrong section, it should have been in the section Just For Fun, but you could have moved it for me, it was not offensive and no nmaes where mentioned. its te secod time I have posted this, and the second time its been deleted.
Magpies are messy birds. Horus may just be sweeping away the sh*t. :vs

Or your paranoia has gone to a new level :snig:
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

its te secod time I have posted this, and the second time its been deleted.
Horus was removing a post that was originally deleted by Keefy because as usual you were using something else (the magpie post) to have a dig at him, in that case it was the PM system and that he was reading them. Once a topic has been removed it is against the forum rules to re-post the same subject and you should know that, so why did you do it? no doubt if I had ignored it your thread would have again taken a similar turn.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Magpies are renowned thieves, so another magpie must of nicked it. Or maybe it was just a flight of fancy and you only thought you posed it twice? Horus is now a bird of pray, so a magpie is no problem to him. You'll just have to wing it for the time being and just hope that your repeat post has landed in the flights of fancy queue. Of course, there are those on here that haven't a wing or a prayer hoping for such good luck. Keep your pecker up. :up
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

If you had read the post I put on about "LINKS" and going from E-MAIL to the site, instead of going to the site and not using the E-mail LINK, it would have soon been realised that the post had been misread. But unfortunately this post got airbrushed out too. The aim was to ask if you use the e-mail link to the site does it erase the PM in the folder.
Did not realise you ever religious Horus, being a bird of Pray. Just goes to show what living in Luxor does for you! Thought it was just me. :lol:
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Your not the only one MT to have problems with their PM's, I did a few months ago. Got the emails saying I had a message, heard the little tinkling sound when I logged on to L4u, but no little box that you click on to open. I posted on here to ask Keefy if he could do something about it and he said he could but it would mean deleting all my previous messages. Not a problem for me and when Keefy had time within a couple of days indeed it was fixed. I suppose it's the way you ask for help that makes a difference.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

If you get an email saying you have a pm and click on the link, it does not automatically clear that pm. That would somewhat defeat the object of receiving the email alert in the first place. :roll:
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Major Thom wrote:If you had read the post I put on about "LINKS" and going from E-MAIL to the site, instead of going to the site and not using the E-mail LINK, it would have soon been realised that the post had been misread. But unfortunately this post got airbrushed out too. The aim was to ask if you use the e-mail link to the site does it erase the PM in the folder.
Did not realise you ever religious Horus, being a bird of Pray. Just goes to show what living in Luxor does for you! Thought it was just me. :lol:
Horus the falcon may indeed be a bird of prey.

Horus the admin's job on the forum is to prey on those who flout the rules.

Whether he's religious and inclined to pray I wouldn't know.

At this point, he's probably praying that you'll either shut up or learn to spell. :vs
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

This is the problem when taking to many E's, you have non left when you need one. Wish that I could prioritize.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

You can read the e mail Carrie it's one of the ones that is locked off, I took it there may either be a fault on the site or, the e mail link was not working. The post was not offensive, and it did not make an accusation. Following the reply I posted another explanation but it got deleted before reaching the site. If it had not people would not be responding the way they are.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Aaaaaaaaaaggghh.......!!

:a23:
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Major Thom wrote:You can read the e mail Carrie it's one of the ones that is locked off, I took it there may either be a fault on the site or, the e mail link was not working. The post was not offensive, and it did not make an accusation. Following the reply I posted another explanation but it got deleted before reaching the site. If it had not people would not be responding the way they are.
How can a post be deleted before reaching the site? I do not understand that. Surely something has to be posted and appear as a post to be seen before it can be considered a post.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I've always suspected that there is a major conspiracy in Luxor, targeting the innocent. Of course, it may not help matters if one has umpteen user names and a corresponding amount of E-mail addresses. I'd get lost.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Oh I give up! :a67:
1. You made a post about Magpies.
2. People responded to it.
3. You then turned it into having a go at Keefy reading your PM’s
4. Keefy got ****** off with your constant accusations and deleted the thread.
5. You being you, decided to repost another thread with exactly the same theme of f*****g Magpies.
6. To repost a deleted post or topic breaks the forum rules.
7. So I deleted it.

Is that clear enough? :a23: :a23: :a23:
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

Once, Someone had broken into my mailbox downstairs. They had opened some very private letters and stolen some. It had happened to three of us in the building and it was unpleasant to think that this could be a neighbour of ours. I am still relieved each time I return from Egypt and find that noone has touched my mail.

Last week, I received a PM from a friend, answered it and got a reply. Later, my message was missing, but the one before and after that were still there. I had been paranoid enough to foresee that this could happen and as it was a lengthy one, I had copied it and I sent it again. Next morning, it was gone.

I had at least two pages of unread forum posts which I probably was not going to read anyway, so the fact that I suddenly only had four unread posts was not a big problem. It was the feeling that someone had been in what appears a personal space, just like when I found envelopes opened downstairs and private mail missing.
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

BENNU wrote:Once, Someone had broken into my mailbox downstairs. They had opened some very private letters and stolen some. It had happened to three of us in the building and it was unpleasant to think that this could be a neighbour of ours. I am still relieved each time I return from Egypt and find that noone has touched my mail.

Last week, I received a PM from a friend, answered it and got a reply. Later, my message was missing, but the one before and after that were still there. I had been paranoid enough to foresee that this could happen and as it was a lengthy one, I had copied it and I sent it again. Next morning, it was gone.

I had at least two pages of unread forum posts which I probably was not going to read anyway, so the fact that I suddenly only had four unread posts was not a big problem. It was the feeling that someone had been in what appears a personal space, just like when I found envelopes opened downstairs and private mail missing.
BENNU take no notice of MT he is only trying to stir up ****, or blame others, he is known for it anyway. :urm:

The PM system is very buggy and PM's can go missing, or maybe you pressed delete after you read it, people make mistakes sometimes, the system only holds 20 message then they are deleted 1 by 1 for each new message you receive.
I have over the time of Luxor4u received 100's of reported PM's, yet there is no problem with the PM, the members pressed report instead of reply.

I does say in the Announcement section under topic Personal messages....

Members are advised that the system used for personal messages is not totally secure. In certain circumstances, messages can be read by the Administrator. Only the administrator has the access to do this, nobody else can.

The administrator will only read messages if he feels that the system is being misused or the site is under threat, This is standard practice on all forums that incorporate a messaging system. No forum will allow itself to become vulnerable.

If total privacy is required, the management of Luxor4u suggest that an alternative messaging system is used.

TOPIC LOCKED
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Sorry Bennu, but that has nothing to do with MT's question about deleting his post and as stated before, PM's do go missing sometimes, with any interactive forum nothing is foolproof.
But more to the point does anyone seriously believe that in cyberspace that your emails or anything else you write are really safe from someones prying eyes? If so then you are deluding yourself and the best advice to anyone is not to put anything on the internet that you would not want anyone else to read or see, you may also want consider what you are saying over a mobile or land line while your at it. 8)

In view of Keefy’s above post and knowing the suspicious minds of some members, let me make it clear that the ‘Administrator’ in this context refers to the site owner and NOT to the forum Administrator (me) I cannot read any PM’s or otherwise, my role and that of the Moderator extends to policing the forum and no further. Should we detect any suspicious activity or an attempt to damage the forum in any way then we refer it upwards for investigation, now hopefully that will put an end to all these accusations.