Scaremongering?

A light-hearted section of Jokes - Text Games - Only In Egypt Photos and Videos - Brainteasers and General Fun Stuff to while away the spare minutes of your day.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Scaremongering?

Post by Horus »

phpBB [video]

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Scaremongering?

Post by Dusak »

Talking to friends over on holiday last night they were saying that it is being mentioned in the UK that now all passports will have to be renewed due to them having the 'European Union' stamped on the front. Even more money into the coffers of Egypt air as we all trip to Cairo to pick up the new ones.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Trip to Cairo!!! Load of Shyte "D" Sat in a cafe reading this, and absolutely laughing my socks off, never seen so much rubbish in my life, I renewed mine last year did not have to make a trip to Cairo. You need to think first!!! Then you will realise that this so call trip to Cairo is not required. Now that is SCAREMONGERING..........And for those of you who thought I had already left Luxor, you need to read my last posts. AUGUST, AUGUST AUGUST AUGUST AUGUST AUGUST, OK!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Dusak wrote:Talking to friends over on holiday last night they were saying that it is being mentioned in the UK that now all passports will have to be renewed due to them having the 'European Union' stamped on the front. Even more money into the coffers of Egypt air as we all trip to Cairo to pick up the new ones.
Sounds like bar-room speculation to me. Why bother with all that fuss for a few words which everyone knows will be meaningless once UK leaves EU (a date 2+ years away).

Will I need a new passport?

You will have noticed that the top line on the front of the UK passport says "European Union".
Because the UK will remain a member of the EU for as long as it takes to negotiate the exit deal, such passports will be valid over that period - so there is no need to worry if you are travelling this summer, for example.
After the UK leaves, there will presumably be new British passports that will no longer say "European Union" on them.
While we can't say this for sure, it seems likely that the new design would just be phased in as existing passports expire.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-eu- ... m-36619817
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

I would like to ask MT to post when he arrives down under, perhaps twice yearly would be good.
it would be interesting to hear of his experiences when down there.
The people, the politics, the prices, but we want to hear what you really think of 'guzunda ?
Perhaps a competition for the tile of the topic, could be fun ?.... 8)

Ps: My passport has always had a battered blue british CD (corps diplomatique) leather outer,
which I used to wave above my head in an agitated manor to all and sundry.
Last edited by Who2 on Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Who2 wrote:I would like to ask MT to post when he arrives down under, perhaps twice yearly would be good.
it would be interesting to hear of his experiences when down there.
The people, the politics, the prices, but we want to hear what you really think of 'guzunda ?
Perhaps a competition for the tile of the topic, could be fun ?.... 8)
Or perhaps not.
Major Thom wrote:Trip to Cairo!!! Load of Shyte "D" Sat in a cafe reading this, and absolutely laughing my socks off, never seen so much rubbish in my life, I renewed mine last year did not have to make a trip to Cairo. You need to think first!!! Then you will realise that this so call trip to Cairo is not required. Now that is SCAREMONGERING..........And for those of you who thought I had already left Luxor, you need to read my last posts. AUGUST, AUGUST AUGUST AUGUST AUGUST AUGUST, OK!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!
Don't shoot the messenger, just passing on information that was given to me by way of conversation. A friend sat at the same table stated that they had to go to Cairo to pick theirs up as it had to be signed for. Again, don't shoot the messenger as I have not renewed mine since Mr. Gaddis used to handle them.

If you ever feel the need to indulge in the reading of real complete and utter shite, just visit your past posts. :up
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

You will get a phone call from the office in Cairo where your Passport has been delivered. Your Passporthas got your signature in it. Tell them you are going to authorise DHL to pick your passport up. Write a letter to them expressing DHL act on your behalf and pick your Passport up, sign it, take it to DHL office in Luxor and wella, the next thing you will get a telephone call from DHL to ask you to pick your Passpirt up from the Luxor office. All done and no need to leave your home.
Now back to my coffee and falafel.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Got my new passport in April, FROM CAIRO, you have to go and collect it in person now it is NOT sent via DHL. The office is in Mohandeseen, Hazeg Square.
The passport can be taken from Luxor to the UK via DHL.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

carrie wrote:Got my new passport in April, FROM CAIRO, you have to go and collect it in person now it is NOT sent via DHL. The office is in Mohandeseen, Hazeg Square.
The passport can be taken from Luxor to the UK via DHL.
Maybe MT is talking about the extra-special, no-chip, passport issued ONLY to him. Special delivery rules apply? :snig:
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Or maybe just maybe he's talking "shyte?"
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

newcastle wrote:
Dusak wrote:now all passports will have to be renewed due to them having the 'European Union' stamped on the front. Even more money into the coffers of Egypt air as we all trip to Cairo to pick up the new ones.
Sounds like bar-room speculation to me. Why bother with all that fuss for a few words which everyone knows will be meaningless once UK leaves EU (a date 2+ years away).

Will I need a new passport?

You will have noticed that the top line on the front of the UK passport says "European Union".
Because the UK will remain a member of the EU for as long as it takes to negotiate the exit deal, such passports will be valid over that period
You'll have at least two years to save up for a trip to Cairo - or UK, if you must leave the country for a new visa anyway. I have a feeling that there will be a lot of bar room speculation the next two years, all starting with "Now ...".
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Or maybe I am also talking about renewing mys wife's 5 weeks ago!!! So not talking shyte, and no once left I will not be posting pictures photo's or anything.
Goddess
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by Goddess »

Much as it galls me to say....Major Thom is right. The office will call to tell you it has arrived and you can go anytime within 30 days to collect it. If you ask for other delivery methods they will inform you you can either arrange and pay for yet another courier at your expense or you can arrange someone to go and collect for you so long as you give them written authority to do so.
I only went to pick mine up in person because it stuck in my craw so much that I had already paid for a courier return in the price of the passport.....was furious about then having to pay probably the same courier to pick it up again and deliver it onwards.

Sent from my dodgy Samsung using Tapatalk
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Thank you Godess, it's far cheaper paying a courier to pick up your Passport than fly to Cairo and pay your air flight. It should not gall you Godess, by constant comunication with the Passport Office in the UK, and by constantly telling them the costs of flights to Cairo, and the inconvenience they advised me what I could do. My Passport took 15 days and my wife's took 12 days.
You see in the UK the authorities are approachable and are willing to help in many cases, they are not the word, and not the be all and end all. If they know of difficulties they are there to help, all they ask is what the problem is and then they will advise. They do not treat you as if you are there in front of them and they cannot see you, many would say well trained, good at people skills, and happy to advise.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

An Australian borders entry question: Nos 16.
Name this famous Australian singers' mother ?
phpBB [video]
..... 8)
Sophocles.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Who2 wrote:An Australian borders entry question: Nos 16.
Joel Adams' mother?
No idea...................who?
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

newcastle wrote:
Who2 wrote:An Australian borders entry question: Nos 16.
Joel Adams' mother?
No idea...................who?
Mrs. Adams
Major Thom wrote:Or maybe I am also talking about renewing mys wife's 5 weeks ago!!! So not talking shyte, and no once left I will not be posting pictures photo's or anything.
:br :a4: :a49: :d1: :thanks: :jig:
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Talking to my b*st*rd Transylvanian offspring last night, I was quite surprised her telling me of the racism she experiences here in London.
It really surprised me especially London has always been open to everybody.
I thought most of the racist bigots had moved up to Essex years ago.

She experienced one the other night on Clerkenwell Green outside the Castle Pub.
Some suited 'pratt asked where she was from ? when she was talking to another pal in Hungarian.
She descended her rage upon him saying "Why don't ask me my name first ?
then continued ranting at him for 5 minutes, left the poor bloke in tears.

Never tangle with a transylvanian architect when she's p*ssed, which is quite regularly....8)

Ps: I blame the parents...
Sophocles.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Good for her :up
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

I thought the run up to the recent EU referendum, and events subsequently, gave a good indication that xenophobia, if not racism, is alive and well in the UK.