Our Good Doctor Who2....

A light-hearted section of Jokes - Text Games - Only In Egypt Photos and Videos - Brainteasers and General Fun Stuff to while away the spare minutes of your day.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Our Good Doctor Who2....

Post by Zooropa »

during one of his trips back to the motherland was having a beer in a north London pub and got talking to a fellow drinker.

The drinker asked him what he did for a living.

"Oh im famous for knowing almost everybody, now that ive met you there isn't anyone I don't know"

"Rubbish" said the man, that cant be true.

"Ok, name someone you don't think I know"

The man says "the Pope".

"Oh I know him really well"

"**** ****" said the man, "prove it"

"Ok come to the Vatican with me and you will see"

So they fly out to the Vatican.

When they arrive they realise the Pope is about to have a sermon in the main square.

"Wait here and il go in and come out on the balcony with him"

So the man waits and sure enough the Doctor comes out onto the balcony with the pope.

The doctor, looking down, suddenly sees the man collapse.

He rushes down to him and when he gets there some bystanders are tending to him.

"Are you ok? I suppose the sight of me with his holiness was a bit of a shock"

"No" said the man,

"It wasn't that, its what the man stood next to me said"

What did he say"? asked the Doctor.

"Whos that twat in the hat stood next to the Doctor"?

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Re: Our Good Doctor Who2....

Post by Who2 »

The old ones are the best ones… :cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

Who2 wrote:The old ones are the best ones… :cool:
Now now my good Doctor, its not like you to show a lack of class, the ones you told the other day made Christopher Columbus laugh the first time they were told but I didn't say anything.

In any case the classic never ages!
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Just come out of a power cut and during was pondering….. your supposed assessment of me...
I ran one of the most secret underground venues in London for 14 years.
I was considering your inadequete thinking, I will give you an example as I am working on the memoirs.
As a kid about 17, I went upstairs in the Stafford Hotel being bored with an apprentice patisserie to become a commie waiter.
Two of us looked after just 4 tables, the fashion in those days for the famous was to use your christian name, it made them feel good plus it made you jump PDQ when summoned.
My patrons ranged from Sean Connery, John Stead, Scobie Breasley, Lady Chichester & Sir Francis, a host of Guinness's and Lady Rothschild to mention but a very very few.
Now, one learnt about ones clients with the sole intention of gaining favour and a bigger tip and of course repeated business.
It's Only a fool that doesn't know his customers, this led into later life knowing that ones' guests / clients all love to know the host, the boss, the barman it ups their street 'cred.
That is why I have always gone on about my 'who's who, I'm well famous for it, it's called knowing how to do business something some people sadly lack. 'If you cannot cut the mustard ? then walk with the flow, the dross, the boring, and be a life hardly worth a toss. So that's my thinking on it…carry on…. :cool:
Ps: It's also something I taught all my staff, when I asked who's that face ? I expected them to know….
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

Who2 wrote:Just come out of a power cut and during was pondering….. your supposed assessment of me...
I ran one of the most secret underground venues in London for 14 years.
I was considering your inadequete thinking, I will give you an example as I am working on the memoirs.
As a kid about 17, I went upstairs in the Stafford Hotel being bored with an apprentice patisserie to become a commie waiter.
Two of us looked after just 4 tables, the fashion in those days for the famous was to use your christian name, it made them feel good plus it made you jump PDQ when summoned.
My patrons ranged from Sean Connery, John Stead, Scobie Breasley, Lady Chichester & Sir Francis, a host of Guinness's and Lady Rothschild to mention but a very very few.
Now, one learnt about ones clients with the sole intention of gaining favour and a bigger tip and of course repeated business.
It's Only a fool that doesn't know his customers, this led into later life knowing that ones' guests / clients all love to know the host, the boss, the barman it ups their street 'cred.
That is why I have always gone on about my 'who's who, I'm well famous for it, it's called knowing how to do business something some people sadly lack. 'If you cannot cut the mustard ? then walk with the flow, the dross, the boring, and be a life hardly worth a toss. So that's my thinking on it…carry on…. :cool:
Ps: It's also something I taught all my staff, when I asked who's that face ? I expected them to know….
I never asked you to justify your name dropping, ive just pointed it out.

I don't think you can call it an assessment of you, more like a trait, and lets be fair you do name drop.

I think its interesting and I did comment that the excerpt you gave from your future book were excellent and it was.

I wish I had gone over to you and spoken to you in the departure lounge last time I was over there, you clearly have interesting stories to tell.

However, one consequence of name dropping is that you are going to have your leg pulled about it.

I know your big enough to take it.
Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Scottishtourist »

Zooropa wrote:

Yet another cracker!
Slapping my thigh and my sides are splitting!!

What were you before you were a buyer/purchaser..or whatever it is you do for a living now?
A comedian??
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Scottishtourist wrote:
Zooropa wrote:

Yet another cracker!
Slapping my thigh and my sides are splitting!!

What were you before you were a buyer/purchaser..or whatever it is you do for a living now?
A comedian??
No, just a common twat. :lol:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

Dusak wrote:No, just a common twat. :lol:
I beg your pardon?
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Zooropa wrote:
Dusak wrote:No, just a common twat. :lol:
I beg your pardon?
Please, don't beg it embarrasses me. :mrgreen:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.