Short entrance test for the new Luxor comity.

A light-hearted section of Jokes - Text Games - Only In Egypt Photos and Videos - Brainteasers and General Fun Stuff to while away the spare minutes of your day.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Short entrance test for the new Luxor comity.

Post by Dusak »

Two new perspective lady members of the new Luxor comity stand before the steel door, which is locked. They knock and a small slide opens. A beady eye looks at them.
''Yes, what do you want?'' The owner of the eye asks.
''We would like to join the new comity please.'' One of the two reply.

The eye states that many want to join so she must test their general knowledge and intelligence as only the cleverest of the clever can join. The eye informs them that the test is a short one, just three simple questions. But you have to answer them correctly before you are considered for the comity.

The two ladies respond.
''It sure is good to be here keeper of the gate, but... nobody ever mentioned anything about any entrance exam. We hope that the test ain't to hard. Life here is a hard enough test as it is.''

The eye looked at them.
''Yes, I know, and no one knows that better than me. As I said the test is only three questions. First, what two days of the week begin with the letter T. Second, how many seconds in a year. And thirdly, what is Gods first name?''

The two ladies look at each other dumbfounded, so they sit on the curb to think the questions over. After a few hours of contemplation and argument they knock on the door. The slide opens and the eye again looks at them.

''Now that you have had a chance to think the questions over, tell me your answers.''

One of the ladies replies.
''Well, the first one -- Which two days in the week begins with the letter T. That one was easy. That would be Today and Tomorrow.''

The eye opened wide and the voice exclaimed.
''Ladies, that is not what I was thinking, but you do have a good point, and I guess I did not exactly specify, so I will give you credit for that answer as it was obviously well thought out. How about the next one?'' The eye asks.

''How many seconds in a year? Now that one was a lot harder to figure out. But we thunk and thunk about it, and the answer can only be twelve.''

The eye widened to the point of near falling out.
''Twelve? Twelve? Ladies, how in Heavens name could you come up with twelve seconds in a year?''

The ladies looked at the eye with a confused look on their faces. ''Shucks, there's got to be twelve: January 2nd, February 2nd, March 2nd...

''Hold it.'' Interrupts the eye. ''I see where your both going with this, and I get your point, though that is not quite what I had in mind, still... a very good answer. I will have to give you credit for that one. Shows a keen mind. So, lets get on with the third and final answer, what is Gods first name.''

''It's Andy.'' The ladies replied together.

''Andy?'' The eye exclaimed giving an exasperated and frustrated gasp. ''OK, I can understand how you came up with the first two answers. But just how in the world do you think that Gods first name could possibly be Andy?''

The two wannabe comity ladies smirked.
''That was the easiest one of all. We both know the song God is with us all. Which clearly says, Andy walks with me, Andy talks with me, Andy tells me I am his own.''

The eye opened the steel door. Now two eyes and a big grin on the chubby face.
''Welcome ladies to the new comity of Luxor. I think that you both will fit in very nicely here.''

Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Re: Short entrance test for the new Luxor comity.

Post by Who2 »

Reminiscent of my childhood toy, 'Sadly my x-eyed bear........:cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Brian Yare »

Who2 wrote:Reminiscent of my childhood toy, 'Sadly my x-eyed bear........:cool:
... or Gladly ... ;)
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Brian Yare wrote:
Who2 wrote:Reminiscent of my childhood toy, 'Sadly my x-eyed bear........:cool:
... or Gladly ... ;)
Put it down to ageing.......:cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.