THEY THINK ITS ALL OVER !!!

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

THEY THINK ITS ALL OVER !!!

Post by A-Four »

At the very start of this Covid thing early last year, I suggested on here that we should all wear a face mask, and gloves of the soft garden variety that can be washed out each day. Although few seem to have taken up on the gloves idea, most soon realised how important face masks are.

Throughout the past few weeks I have been travelling around England, and have noticed how quickly the use of mask has declined. Today a government minister will announce which countries we Brits will be able to go on holiday and feel 'safe',......what a joke. It is more than likely that more virulent strains than the one known in the U.K. as the Kent variety will soon hit us. In Europe the Kent variety is known as the English stain.

The disease control departments in the U.K. are working flat out to control any new strains that come in from abroad, the present India one has broken out at a number of different areas of the U.K. At the present time the likes of Porton Down are producing a vaccine to protect from the virus mutation, which should be available by mid-Autumn, but like the flu virus it can only protect against the known stains as of this late Spring.

So it seems at least once a year most people will require a booster injection, not just for flu, but also Covid vaccine. A new Pneumonia vaccine, which for the private patient will cost £70 is now available, though at the moment free to the general population. The real question is,.....for how long can the N.H.S. continue to give such protection,.........for free ?

Teddyboy
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Re: THEY THINK ITS ALL OVER !!!

Post by Teddyboy »

"for how long can the N.H.S. continue to give such protection,.........for free ?"

Good question! Part of the answer must surely be, "It depends upon just how much the NHS employees (GP Practices, Trust Managers, etc) continue to milk the system for!" They still believe that the Government has a bottomless pit from which it administers this largesse.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

I met my Dr after a month or so, I said to him "it's easier to see the bank manager than him... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Masks in and around the Luxor area are few and far between, as they have been since March last year. We are now on another curfew, 9pm until I think 5am. Folk seem to be adhering to it. I think masks will become an addition to our every day lives now for the foreseeable future, so many, not just here, seem to be standing their ground in their objection to wearing one while outside. The uptake on the free jab here is moving slowly, which doesn't explain why the average wait time for your appointment to come through is 5 weeks, unless it's a supply thing. I've no intention of getting it until I know for certain that I can actually leave for a holiday, so that depends on what criteria is called for in the other country. I think sometime next year before things will be seen to be under reasonable control, but the way things are going you really can not assume that further than month to month. So, I will carry on with my isolation keeping myself busy on my refurbishment plans.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

@Dusak

I can’t see the relationship between taking the vaccine and going on holiday.

I doubt whether being vaccinated is going to make any difference to where you’re permitted to go. But it does improve your chances of surviving infection...wherever you are.

I take it you’re one of those disinclined to be vaccinated....for one reason or another
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

newcastle wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:06 am @Dusak

I can’t see the relationship between taking the vaccine and going on holiday.

I doubt whether being vaccinated is going to make any difference to where you’re permitted to go. But it does improve your chances of surviving infection...wherever you are.

I take it you’re one of those disinclined to be vaccinated....for one reason or another
No, on the contrary I'm all for the vaccine program, I just do not see the point getting it now when I've not much intention of travelling until early next year, if its possible. So many are saying now that these variants are not guaranteed to be fended off with the current types of vaccines available plus more than likely your going to have to have it yearly, so I'll wait and see how things go. Quite a few countries are now looking at a no vaccine, no land policy, never mind getting on the flight without having one. A Thai lady was allowed to board a flight to Thailand 3 days ago, she was infected with the Indian one, the country of her departure. Its panic stations now as they attempt to track down all her contacts. So The Thai aviation authority has issued a statement to all airlines that any passenger entering Thailand must have the permission from their Thai embassy or entry will be refused. The number of infections and deaths have increased greatly over the last month, everything locked down again.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

@Dusak

Still can’t follow your logic in not taking whatever’s available now....if you have no qualms about the vaccine per se.

Let’s hope the varieties of the virus circulating currently In Luxor decide to give Maison Dusak a miss 8)
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

newcastle wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:12 pm @Dusak

Still can’t follow your logic in not taking whatever’s available now....if you have no qualms about the vaccine per se.

Let’s hope the varieties of the virus circulating currently In Luxor decide to give Maison Dusak a miss 8)
The only time I go outside is around every 5/6 weeks to do a large monthly shop, so I don't come into contact with that many people, I don't even answer the front door if the bell is rung as I never receive visitors now so who ever it is is of no importance to me, but I can always stick my head out the front bedroom window to see who it is. I insist my taxi driver wears a mask and the 4 main shopping venues have masked operatives on the tills, plus I'm always applying hand sanitizer, so the likelihood of contracting any form of this virus is slim, in my opinion. We each make our own decisions regarding this outbreak, I see myself taking a sensible option at this moment in time. And in time I will apply for the jab, but only when I feel its necessary for me personally.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Over here where everybody has been vaccinated (government spokesperson) "they think it's all over.mmmm
Now they want to introduce hugging Why ? I don't hug even without a pandemic and all it's variants.

Went to Kentish Town yesterday, up there it was rush hour all day long, here in Clerkenwell it's
far more sedate and quite. Just as I like it... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Who2 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 11:16 am Over here where everybody has been vaccinated (government spokesperson) "they think it's all over.mmmm
Now they want to introduce hugging Why ? I don't hug even without a pandemic and all it's variants.

Went to Kentish Town yesterday, up there it was rush hour all day long, here in Clerkenwell it's
far more sedate and quite. Just as I like it... 8)
I've never been one of those ' touchy feely' kind of guys, so spontainouse hugathons would not be my thing...however, one thing I noticed on my first visit to Thailand is when entering a bar it is common practice to recive a welcoming hug from the beautiful and yougish scantily clad bar girls. As this seemed to be a traditional action, I did not want to insult said givers of these "frotting" close combat hugs, so I had to unwillingly put up with it.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Never been to Thailand it hasn't ever been on my bucket list of countries to visit.
Dusak's posts regarding the place have done nothing to persuade me I was wrong.
The thought of some young scantily dressed ladies, dashing to hug and greet foreign visitors to the bars makes me feel slightly nauseous.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

carrie wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:54 am Never been to Thailand it hasn't ever been on my bucket list of countries to visit.
The thought of some young scantily dressed ladies, dashing to hug and greet foreign visitors to the bars makes me feel slightly nauseous.
You might feel better if you realised half of them are men in frocks. 8)
crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by crewmeal »

A c**k in a frock in Thailand, nothing new there. It used to be like that in Boogie Street Singapore.

Seems like Egyptians don't like Trans.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israeli-t ... -crossing/
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

I have had no issue with having the vaccine as it makes perfect sense to do so. I get my second jab in June.
But I agree and will be damned if the powers to be say I need a covid passport to travel.
The vaccine only protects the person vaccinated and does not stop you from getting covid or even transmitting it.

I am absolutely gobsmacked by the fact that the UK ports and airports were not shut down to all but commercial traffic and I am justified when I see our government telling people in both Pakistan and India that they have a week to get back into the UK.
What the f**k were they doing there anyway ? How the f**k did they get out there while the rest of us have been in lockdown. ?
Now unsurprisingly we have an Indian variant of covid on our shore. No **** Sherlock !!!
I think on one flight back from India 37 people tested positive. Now I am not stupid. If 37 people tested positive, then that means the whole damn plane was infected and it's just a matter of time for all the other passengers and crew will become infected.

You really can't make this up...

I certainly have no plans to travel in the coming months, despite my itching feet.

The full effect of covid is yet to be felt, it's certainly going to herald in some massive changes. But changes are always a difficult time for people before the bigger picture has emerged. 😎

Stay safe folks.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

carrie wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:54 am Never been to Thailand it hasn't ever been on my bucket list of countries to visit.
And no doubt you would have the same nauseous reaction if it was say, as an example, Brad Pit or George Clooney. It's all just a bit of fun, life is about having fun, for me it is anyway.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

@John Landon

But I agree and will be damned if the powers to be say I need a covid passport to travel.
The vaccine only protects the person vaccinated and does not stop you from getting covid or even transmitting it.
I doubt the UK will insist on your being vaccinated in order to travel.....but some countries are considering denying access to those not vaccinated against COVID - 19 in much the same way as yellow fever vaccination is required for certain countries.

I feel a bit sorry for Indians and Pakistanis being labelled as importers of the so- called “Indian variant”. I gather it was first detected in India.........but the connection is otherwise tenuous. It’s a variant which could have arisen anywhere and may or may not have reached UK via someone coming from India.

The dreaded “Kent variant” is probably rampaging through Europe and America...but I doubt they are castigating all residents of Tunbridge Wells 8)
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Dusak wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 3:01 pm
And no doubt you would have the same nauseous reaction if it was say, as an example, Brad Pit or George Clooney. It's all just a bit of fun, life is about having fun, for me it is anyway.
Hysterical !!!

Years ago a couple of my family travelled through Bangkok, culture to die for, and they spent a few days in Pattaya, they found the place funny in one way, though very friendly, without the sordidness, although there, like many other places in the world,.....if you want it , IT will find you.

When I was about eighteen one of the cheapest places to fly into in Germany, by BA was Hamburg, I thought this rather strange until I realised it was, and still is the biggest 'red light' district I had ever come across. It made Amsterdam feel like a walk in the park, and Soho, London,......a joke. The place in question is called the Reeperbahn, a very serious place for sex, but at the same time, a great place for simple fun, a laugh, and enjoyment.

If anyone ever wants a cheap flight to Australia, there is a certain destination off the hubs, that you can book, and the price is so cheap from the likes of Egypt, because it is assumed you are going there for one reason only. Daft it sounds, but true, a little like why I assume Dusak can get a cheap flight from Egypt to Thailand. It was the same way I always travelled for almost thirty years when I lived in Egypt, without having to go through the ridiculous high price European cartel.

I always found it almost hysterical back in the early 90's when these mid-life widowed women started arriving in Luxor, unchaperoned, Lady Bracknell type characters, carrying on as though butter would not melt in their mouths. I once suggested to one such lady, why not just have a 'take-away',.......it will be a lot cheaper,..........in the long run,........how often was I proved right.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Hardly the same thing Dusak they are not young women/boys selling themselves.
Teddyboy
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by Teddyboy »

"The thought of some young scantily dressed ladies, dashing to hug and greet foreign visitors to the bars makes me feel slightly nauseous."

We used to feel the same at the Etap on Wednesday evenings, when the old bags got off the airport buses and started hugging the embarrassed waiters.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

I remember well the Monday and Wednesday change overs.