Well who will be watching?

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Re: Well who will be watching?

Post by crewmeal »

I suspect that a majority of women have had to fend off unwanted sexual advances at some point
You don't have to go very far in Luxor to fend off unwanted sexual advances, that applies to single guys walking around the city as well. No doubt visitors to Luxor this year will have to be on their guard even more as most citizens are stoney broke.

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

I did watch the Oprah interview, and listened to many of the comments from Britain, America, and around the rest of the world.
I thought it was a somewhat unbalanced interview - if it should even be called an interview - and was disappointed that at times Oprah put words into Meghan's mouth.
I also thought that Meghan used (by accident or design) some very similar body language to that of Princess Diana when she gave her famous (infamus ?) interview.
It is hard to believe that she could not find help for her issues of mental stress, especially when she and Prince Harry have been advocates of mental health awareness and support. Certainly, if she has got mental health issues, and especially if they involve the considered possibility of self harm or suicide, then she should have received appropriate help.
If there is an issue of racism in the Royal Family or their staff, then that does need addressing. Personally, my thoughts about the colour of the baby were probably silly comments, just like are made about many babies - e.g will he inherit grandads big nose, wonder what tbe hair colour will be...etc.- that got lost in translation (a bit like Chinese whispers).

Earlier, I listened to an interview with Lady Colin Campbell (not someone I particularly like). It was broadcast in June 2020 when she was promoting one of her books. During the interview she says how Meghan had books on Princess Diana, and had made herself familiar with Prince Harry too. Meghan, in her interview sat and innocently said that she'd never looked Harry up or researched him. A comment I think most found a bit beyond belief!

As I said before, it would be good to hear both, or all, sides of these stories, but that is not likely to happen. There would appear to be issues over truth. Interestingly Oprah used the expression '...your truth...' not '...the truth...' a number of times. We know Meghan's truth, but we are never really going to hear 'the' truth.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

You echo my thoughts exactly Hepzibah.

In the current climate we’re expected to take claims of racism and suicidal feelings at face value...as if simply stating that they are “ felt” or “expressed” by someone makes them fact.

I’m afraid there were so many inconsistencies in Meghan’s account that I cannot believe her claims.

Whether she genuinely misunderstood what was said to her, or is deliberately manipulating the situation for her own ends I cannot say......although I have my own suspicions.

Piers Morgan voiced his suspicions quite vociferously....and it cost him his job.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

I forgot to say...in an attempt to be balanced...
We only saw a part of the interview. We don't know what was left on the editing room floor.
We don't know if, or for how long, there might have been pauses for composure, or effect.
We don't know the background context to what and how things were said - as in the converation/s about the baby's colour. (Archie's skin tone would appear to be incredibly fair, but then his mother is not exactly dark skinned either.)

I think it's also fair to say that, although he may have stirred a bit of emotion, Prince Harry did not come across too well. He should have been well aware of the lineage of royal titles and when they are inherited or bestowed, even if Meghan didn't know or understand that. The same goes for what goes with the job such a renumeration, security, etc.
To later be upset because your already financially generous father has cut you off financially is greedy and insensitive.
Harry said he was hurt or disappointed ( I don't remember the exact word used) with his father, Prince Charles.
I am sure his father must be equally, if not more so, hurt by what was said and the present situation.

As for Oprah, she has gone down in my estimation. It was not really an interview, and if it was she had not done her homework, nor did she ask independant questions that a good interviewer would have done. She was just a name to attract an even wider audience and somehow legitimise the stage for The MM Show.

(My imagination runs to an extended episode of the Jerry Springer show. If all the Merkals, Royals, and palace aids could have their say on there, I wonder how many thrones and chairs would have to be separated to keep the peace. :urm: )
-Aldous Huxley
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Was the "racist" remark made before she was pregnant, after she became pregnant to her or to Harry who then told her.
Get your ducks in a line H and M.
I think the UK and Commonwealth should be glad to see the back of this avaricious pair. How old is Harry that he thinks his father should still be supporting him financially.
Good luck to the pair of them, let them get on with their lives in Happyland and never darken our doorsteps again.
Annie

Post by Annie »

For me the interview was 'staged' hardly surprising considering MM's profession. Harry is besotted with her and will go along with everything she wants. Her actions are all about control and possession, drip feed her poisonous 'truth', get him away from his family, next will be his friends, only her friends and mother (seems she's only family she hasn't fallen out with) will be allowed in her circle. I don't see anything wrong with commenting about the colour of their child's skin, perfectly normal comment, one I'm sure they will of had themselves as all couples and families do when a baby is due, like the colour of hair, eyes or family features. She played the mental health and racist cards believing this would receive the most sympathy for her 'dreadful privileged' life. She and Harry would of known about their sons 'title' and as for security, why should the British tax payer be expected to pay for them once they've turned their backs on this country. Like Piers I don't believe a word that comes out of her mouth.
Trust & Respect are two things you must earn
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Something else that was said, and I'd forgotten about until now...
Meghan commented about having to hand in her keys, passport, and other bits in. Surely that would be done as one of the first and simplest forms of security. Apart from her not likely to be needing them whilst being a 'royal', I would imagine that is done to help protect against identity fraud.
Thinking about it, it didn't hinder her travelling. Afterall, among other private trips she went to the USA for her baby shower.

(I think I've taken in more about this couple over the years than I realised. Shame I can't retain useful information like my shopping list or personal passwords.)
-Aldous Huxley
hatusu
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by hatusu »

I came across this quote today in connection with the repercussions of THAT TV interview and I thought it was so apt.

"“George Bernard Shaw once said, Never wrestle with a pig. You just get dirty and the pig enjoys it,'”
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

One for the easily offended:........... 8)

'Now that's clever!
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

How to turn a bad situation into a more bad situation...

Gail King, a television presenter and 'friend' of Meghan and Harry (also bestest ever friend of Oprah) rings them to ask how they are after 'the' interview.
She then immediately shares on television that Prince Harry had a since had a conversstion with his father (and brother?) that was 'unproductive'.

I don't know who is worse - Gail King for blurting out what should have been a private telephone conversation, or Prince Harry for sharing a private conversation that should have stayed in the family.

I keep thinking of the expression 'tail wagging the dog'. In this case I think it's the fleas that bite the tail that wag the dog which might be in control.
-Aldous Huxley
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Oh for an ungrateful child.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

carrie wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:33 am Oh for an ungrateful child.

King Lear Act 1 Scene 4
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.