Hot hot hot.

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Hot hot hot.

Post by carrie »

Well the UK is going to suffer from another heat wave, trains and trams cancelled because the rail lines may buckle due to the heat. All western Europe suffering. People warned not to go out, avoid the sun.
Global warming it seems has started to take effect. 8) 8) 8)

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Re: Hot hot hot.

Post by HEPZIBAH »

It certainly is Hot, Hot, Hot!

Tuesday afternoon I escaped to shade of a lovely garden, but it was still 32 deg C.
Yesterday I had to go into town for some business appointments and it was a mere 28/29 deg C.
Today, was forecast locally as being 35 deg but looks like it's not going to top 33 deg C.

I think as always, it is the humidity that is as much a problem as the actual heat.

Many of those that live in Luxor, or other normally hot climate areas, are no doubt laughing at the Brits either rushing out into the sunshine (mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun) or whinging about the heat but, as far as I'm concerned, it's all a matter of what you are used to and how long you have to acclimatise.

As well as the incredible heat, the UK experienced the most spectacular lightening and thunder storm - with some rain - on Tuesday night. Alas, I don't have a good view of the skyline where I live - the only real negative issue I have being surrounded by trees - but even what I was able to see was amazing. It was one of those storms that you wanted to witness and that energised you, instead of making you feel you needed to hide away from it under the duvet... or even under the stairs.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

I agree with you about the heat Hepzi, its all down to what you have become acclimatised too and the clothes you wear. We in the UK have to adapt to the weather changing from day to day, plus as you say we have the humidity to contend with, I never find Egypt’s heat hard to deal with as it is dry, but on occasion I have been in Cyprus and the humidity was so high you could barely breathe. We are about to break the hottest day ever in the UK record if the forecasters are correct and it is looking that way. As to the thunderstorm, I just love them, I am fortunate in having wide patio doors in my bedrooms that lead into a conservatory so on hot nights I will often leave them all open to the garden with large pedestal fan wafting the cool air (and a few moths) inside. The night of the storm you mentioned I lay in bed and although it was around 2 am I could watch the lightning flashing everywhere quickly followed by loud claps of thunder, the monsoon like rain beating down on my glass roof and pouring in torrents over the gutters, it was quite magical.

I have always felt a sort of comfort hearing rain beating on a tin roof, perhaps a throwback to my days living in a monsoon area of Africa where the cool rain would hit the parched red earth and refresh everything as it tapped out an ever increasing staccato of rain on the corrugated iron roof until it would reach a crescendo of sound to vie with the crashing thunder and lightning, even the air became more breathable and fresh. I remember that some people found it very frightening as the flashes would light up the surrounding bush and trees projecting shadows onto the wet foliage, it was a primeval sight. Even now I will often go to sleep with the sound of a thunderstorm and heavy rain playing as I nod off, courtesy of my Amazon Alexa app who kindly turns it off after about 30 minutes or so, (I am never awake long enough to find out for certain.) They do say we will be getting another good thunderstorm tonight. :up
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Last year when I was in Turkey during the summer I found some of the days unbearable. Not so hot as here but like you say the humidity was sky high. I went out today at 1.30pm did my shopping and carried it all home, I was hot and sweaty but when I came home cool shower and fine again. No air con on at the moment just the fans and it's hotter here that it has been in the UK during the day. It's the humidity that gets you.
Hope you all keep well over there and manage to sleep. Good luck with the thunder storm, I love them.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

It's just weather, enjoy it. .Learn to dance in the rain and enjoy the heat when it comes, change the pace...

In this life, Adapt or perish..

Weather people issuing Amber Alerts last year like they are some kind of authority.
The News has a lot to answer for and can sensationalise the opening of a paper bag in a dark subway.

People worrying about things that they need not worry about. go with the flow, dont fight it...
ALL THE WORRY IN THE WORLD WILL NOT CHANGE A THING.

for those not wishing to do that, Lets see what happens with the Blair Bush 2019 reboot... ;-)