Egyptair online check in

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

FABlux
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Egyptair online check in

Post by FABlux »

Just received emails with online boarding passes and baggage tags for our flights from Luxor on Monday. Has anybody used these from Luxor, do they actually work? They give the option of having them on the phones as well as printed boarding passes again do these really work from Luxor? My inclination is to get them printed and get the bag tags at the airport.
Any info gratefully received.

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Re: Egyptair online check in

Post by Who2 »

I always get mine printed.
Anyone know the latest taxi fare from Luxor WB to Hurgharda Airport ? cheers.. 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Kim

Post by Kim »

I paid 1100le in January with Oceanus, Dr
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

FABlux wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:56 am Just received emails with online boarding passes and baggage tags for our flights from Luxor ... do these really work from Luxor?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
No! You can show it at the entrance to the airport, so you do not have to print anything. At check in they are kind enough to give you a paper boarding pass as an "extra service" ;) .
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

BENNU wrote:"extra service"
It's nice to know the usual "extra service" is
still available on Egyptair, travelling around Europe, one has to pretend one is rather aged and stupid and 'appreciate' that sympathetic smile airport staff give you, when in truth, you're cannot be bothered to do this do-it-you'reself mode.

It's a little like that empty-yer-own-tray mode in those Mc Donald places, where soon they will request punters to wash down the table as well,.........for God sake. :wi :wi :wi .
crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by crewmeal »

Many airlines including Turkish use phones to check in provided you fill in your details before you arrive at the the airport. The idea is to breeze straight through everywhere. However you still have to check your luggage in so you'll still need that bagagge tag in case they lose your bags.

Not sure what Egyptair is up to regarding technology because I still manually check in at the airports.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Dr Who try 3 Brothers down near the lane to Little Gezira, they charged me 900le last time I went and we took the desert road which makes it much quicker.
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Don't forget while travelling anywhere out of Luxor that you are not insured if its not a licensed travel company.
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

I just checked in online for the first time. I shall still check in at the self service machine at Copenhagen Airport as usual, and when it does not give me a luggage tag because it is Egypt Air and it never works, I will probably also have to check in at the SAS counter rather than simply drop my luggage. There is a pilot strike, so SAS are hardly busy, their own planes are cancelled.

Anyway, the reason why I have already checked in is that I want a window seat, and Egypt Air now charges you for the option of choosing your own seat in advance. I got my usual seat!
Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis »

Many airlines now charge to book your seat. My recent trip to Egypt with Etihad was my first experience of this. :x
Carpe diem! :le:
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

I am used to it with Norwegian Airline, but I always go to the airport in time to get a good seat as soon as I get off the metro. With Norwegian you do everything yourself, you will not be in contact with the staff until they try to sell refreshments on board.

It is the third time I experience this with EgyptAir.

I now buy my special meal for 0 EGP when booking with Egyptair, so I suppose it is a matter of time before that, too, will cost extra. I would not take the chance and pay for that, since it is missing one out of three times.
dsaxelby

Post by dsaxelby »

FABlux wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:56 am Just received emails with online boarding passes and baggage tags for our flights from Luxor on Monday. Has anybody used these from Luxor, do they actually work? They give the option of having them on the phones as well as printed boarding passes again do these really work from Luxor? My inclination is to get them printed and get the bag tags at the airport.
Any info gratefully received.
Usually print out the e-ticket forgot for my return not having internet to show the confirmation email little man ran off with my passport to check .... funny enough the flight showed up on my calendar which was then accepted. I did try my London airport parking but this time he tried reading it 🤣
It is what it is.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Winged Isis wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:38 am Many airlines now charge to book your seat. My recent trip to Egypt with Etihad was my first experience of this. :x
As they do with me when I book my preferred seat in advance to Thailand. Coming back to Egypt you discover that they have resold it to some fat Egyptian guy that refuses to more. Egypt air, expert con artists.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.