Silent Voyeurs

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Re: Silent Voyeurs

Post by Major Thom »

It is just basically Crewmeal because we have realised are little haven here. We were not keen on moving to a City but we did and in some way were pleased we did it opened our eyes to a new style of living. However after spending many hours on the road we found a lovely little village in the mountains half an hour away from Paphos. the village is peaceful and quiet and the residents are charming and helpful to the degree they will help you in anyway they can and not ask rewards. It like most places in Cyprus is immaculate well kept and clean with a good postal service regular bin collections and a council that invests in the village, and does not neglect it. The views across Ahgaka are stunning and in the peace and quiet you can hear a pin drop. Everything we never found in Luxor. You don't have to be superhuman to keep a place clean and tidy, just be a bit energetic with a broom and place your rubbish in a bin that gets collected or in many cases in Luxor where bins are not collected, burn it.

Our main thing is health, you get to an age in life where you start getting little niggles with your health and later biggr niggles with your health. We both had health issues that just did not seem to improve with treatment. Myself had been attending Doctors for 2 years with no improvement, since being here the misdiagnosed problem was easily detected and I was put on the proper medication and am now making leaps and bounds in getting back to my old self, another 6 months and I should be discharged from all medical aid. I have yearly medical MOT's for everything to do with mens health, from Ultra Sounds and X-Rays to Blood and other tests, my wife has the same. Last November my wife had an accident in the UK and broke both collar bones, when she flew back she was engaged by the local general hospital, given pain killers, nemerous X-Rays, over a period of 3 months before ebeing discharged. She is now awaiting a small operation by Keyhole Surgery to aid a quick recovery and will be going in for 2 days very soon, a wait so far of 5 weeks, but she was told around the middle of March. Niether of us had much faith in the Hospitals in Luxor, or being treated by doctors high on hash or other things, don't believe me well we witnessed 5 Doctors in a coffee shop all getting high on Hash before driving to Quena to do a nightshift.

So for a start until our health is back to A1 we would not return, we would not feel all that safe, it was not long before we left my wife was sexually assaulted in our own village. We know of other women that have been attacked in similar ways and worse. We no longer like bartering for anything, here everything is priced so we know everyone is paying the same price for what they buy. We don't really now want to be treading carefully so we dont step in camel or donkey droppings, most of all we don't really want to be sweating our heads off because the Utilities cannot provide electric or water strong enough to work Air Conditioners or water pumps. Our only regret is we will not get back to see our friends and villagers, we would love to, we keep in touch with many of them, they gave us respect, we did not ask for it we had to earn it! and in return we gave them the same respect. Other things we like freedom to do what we want and the freedom to say what we want with no fear of ending up behind bars (Kalabush)

Yes we did intend going to Oz, but after a while we found Cyprus had everything we wanted, it was our intention to come here for 12 months until our visa was completed, we never expected to find what was on offer in Cyprus and how the efficiency here is very high. OK it costs to live here, probably the same as the UK in some cases higher, but we only had to wait anothe r4 months when we moved her for 2 state pensions to start, now they have its great. I will state though to live here well you would need and income of 2000GBP a month. Many live on less but they do not really get the same out of the Country. We both have cars here that are properly insured, so we both have plenty of freedom to do what we want. We had motorbikes in Luxor, there was not a chance of us investing in cars to take out on Dodgem style roads, a motor bike would just poodle along and let the world pass by.

So hopefully that puts our life now into a nutshell so people will understand. By photo's I have seen and by e-mails I dont think Luxor has changed much at all, it still looks a mess, still looks unkept, and has got a long long way to go to attract us back. Look at the stats, in 2008 when we moved ther how many Europeans were living there full time? Take a look at the figures now!! I know this is a long post but a previous poster asked why we would not return, and I have answered I hope in full.

Now can I ask folk that live there full time why they do? I have only had a one track thought on this and that is because it is cheap and maybe they cannot afford to live elsewhere where there is much more on offer. (Just my thoughts) because when we lived there we could easily save betwen 500 and 800 GBP a month out of our income, we cannot save them amounts (Almost half) now but we have a better style of life, and to us its worth it. Surely now though having to fly out every 12 months makes a big difference in costs, I suppose some get away with it though, no names mentioned!!

Other facts come into play as well, although we pay to see a Doctor 3 Euros and 10 Euros to see a consultant, the new NHS System starts here next monthe where all medical treatments and visits will be free. The cost is 1.7% of you profitable income after tax. So its a big draw. Our tax system is 17500 Euros a year tax free and over that your tax bill is 5%. Our first residency papers are for 5 years, after that if you have kept your nose clean you get full residency.

Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Yildez »

Major Thom wrote:It is just basically Crewmeal because we have realised are little haven here. We were not keen on moving to a City but we did and in some way were pleased we did it opened our eyes to a new style of living. However after spending many hours on the road we found a lovely little village in the mountains half an hour away from Paphos. the village is peaceful and quiet and the residents are charming and helpful to the degree they will help you in anyway they can and not ask rewards. It like most places in Cyprus is immaculate well kept and clean with a good postal service regular bin collections and a council that invests in the village, and does not neglect it. The views across Ahgaka are stunning and in the peace and quiet you can hear a pin drop. Everything we never found in Luxor. You don't have to be superhuman to keep a place clean and tidy, just be a bit energetic with a broom and place your rubbish in a bin that gets collected or in many cases in Luxor where bins are not collected, burn it.

Our main thing is health, you get to an age in life where you start getting little niggles with your health and later biggr niggles with your health. We both had health issues that just did not seem to improve with treatment. Myself had been attending Doctors for 2 years with no improvement, since being here the misdiagnosed problem was easily detected and I was put on the proper medication and am now making leaps and bounds in getting back to my old self, another 6 months and I should be discharged from all medical aid. I have yearly medical MOT's for everything to do with mens health, from Ultra Sounds and X-Rays to Blood and other tests, my wife has the same. Last November my wife had an accident in the UK and broke both collar bones, when she flew back she was engaged by the local general hospital, given pain killers, nemerous X-Rays, over a period of 3 months before ebeing discharged. She is now awaiting a small operation by Keyhole Surgery to aid a quick recovery and will be going in for 2 days very soon, a wait so far of 5 weeks, but she was told around the middle of March. Niether of us had much faith in the Hospitals in Luxor, or being treated by doctors high on hash or other things, don't believe me well we witnessed 5 Doctors in a coffee shop all getting high on Hash before driving to Quena to do a nightshift.

So for a start until our health is back to A1 we would not return, we would not feel all that safe, it was not long before we left my wife was sexually assaulted in our own village. We know of other women that have been attacked in similar ways and worse. We no longer like bartering for anything, here everything is priced so we know everyone is paying the same price for what they buy. We don't really now want to be treading carefully so we dont step in camel or donkey droppings, most of all we don't really want to be sweating our heads off because the Utilities cannot provide electric or water strong enough to work Air Conditioners or water pumps. Our only regret is we will not get back to see our friends and villagers, we would love to, we keep in touch with many of them, they gave us respect, we did not ask for it we had to earn it! and in return we gave them the same respect. Other things we like freedom to do what we want and the freedom to say what we want with no fear of ending up behind bars (Kalabush)

Yes we did intend going to Oz, but after a while we found Cyprus had everything we wanted, it was our intention to come here for 12 months until our visa was completed, we never expected to find what was on offer in Cyprus and how the efficiency here is very high. OK it costs to live here, probably the same as the UK in some cases higher, but we only had to wait anothe r4 months when we moved her for 2 state pensions to start, now they have its great. I will state though to live here well you would need and income of 2000GBP a month. Many live on less but they do not really get the same out of the Country. We both have cars here that are properly insured, so we both have plenty of freedom to do what we want. We had motorbikes in Luxor, there was not a chance of us investing in cars to take out on Dodgem style roads, a motor bike would just poodle along and let the world pass by.

So hopefully that puts our life now into a nutshell so people will understand. By photo's I have seen and by e-mails I dont think Luxor has changed much at all, it still looks a mess, still looks unkept, and has got a long long way to go to attract us back. Look at the stats, in 2008 when we moved ther how many Europeans were living there full time? Take a look at the figures now!! I know this is a long post but a previous poster asked why we would not return, and I have answered I hope in full.

Now can I ask folk that live there full time why they do? I have only had a one track thought on this and that is because it is cheap and maybe they cannot afford to live elsewhere where there is much more on offer. (Just my thoughts) because when we lived there we could easily save betwen 500 and 800 GBP a month out of our income, we cannot save them amounts (Almost half) now but we have a better style of life, and to us its worth it. Surely now though having to fly out every 12 months makes a big difference in costs, I suppose some get away with it though, no names mentioned!!

Other facts come into play as well, although we pay to see a Doctor 3 Euros and 10 Euros to see a consultant, the new NHS System starts here next monthe where all medical treatments and visits will be free. The cost is 1.7% of you profitable income after tax. So its a big draw. Our tax system is 17500 Euros a year tax free and over that your tax bill is 5%. Our first residency papers are for 5 years, after that if you have kept your nose clean you get full residency.

Same old, same old :a53: :a53: :a53:
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Does get rather repetitive. But maybe he'll be so happy in his chocolate box he might just find something new to write about. Can't understand this obsession with Luxor.I just can't help thinking all is not as well as he pretends.
There again we don't have tribute bands and karaoke. Thank God.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I demand that keefy inserts a moji for us to use of a guy flogging a dead horse, or maybe a dog, with a piece of 3''x2'' showing a little speech bubble issuing forth from his anal tract saying ''now repeat after me''. Save us all a lot of finger work.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Dusak wrote:I demand that keefy inserts a moji for us to use of a guy flogging a dead horse, or maybe a dog, with a piece of 3''x2'' showing a little speech bubble issuing forth from his anal tract saying ''now repeat after me''. Save us all a lot of finger work.

Code: Select all

[img]http://www.luxor4u.com/forum/userpostpics/flogging-horse.gif[/img]
Ruby Slippers
United Kingdom

Post by Ruby Slippers »

:a4: :snig: :thanks:
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Ten out of ten keefy, didn't think you could do it. :up
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Not sure if Keefy has actually added the 'Dead Horse' Emoji yet, or if its not visible on my screen? but for anyone wishing to use it you will have to 'Copy & Paste' the above line of Keefy's code into your post. Do not copy the example code shown below in blue.
[ img]userpostpics/flogging-horse.gif[/img ]

Adamantium

Post by Adamantium »

Perhaps we have a number of celebrities or nobility who are concerned that something said might give them away. So, hello your majesties. If you really want to help the World fill those empty rooms at Buck Palace with homeless. Pass the message onto the kids. Those film stars who frequently visit, they get the lowdown from this forum.

Talking of celebrities, well done Rami Malek on his Oscar. Was his Oscar win widely reported in Egypt.
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Brian Yare »

Yildez wrote:
Major Thom wrote:It is just basically ... you get full residency.

Same old, same old :a53: :a53: :a53:
So why repeat it verbatim?
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Does get a tad boring after a while.

If the Greeks don’t have a word for it, the Germans certainly do........

Schadenfreude.
Spoiler
It is the experience of pleasure, joy, or self-satisfaction that comes from learning of or witnessing the troubles, failures, or humiliation of another