UK Passports after Brexit

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

User avatar
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
Posts: 11348
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 3062 times
Been thanked: 4289 times
Gender:
United Kingdom

UK Passports after Brexit

Post by HEPZIBAH » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:41 pm

A lot of people are concerned about the effect of Brexit on UK Passports. This article on the Martin Lewis - Money Saving Expert - page may be of interest and help.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/ ... d-for-tra/


Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

User avatar
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Posts: 5874
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 2:29 pm
Location: LUXOR
Has thanked: 5895 times
Been thanked: 7328 times
Gender:
Thailand

Re: UK Passports after Brexit

Post by Dusak » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:51 am

I'm in a bit of a quondery as to when to renew mine. It runs out on the 15th of March 2020. I was going to renew on line May this year after getting back from my hols, but reading this link, I may be better leaving it until the end of this year, say October. But, the uncertainty concerning the final issue dates of the visa here, may, or could, give me problems if I get a kick out then, taking into consideration I could wait weeks before getting a visa stamp with less than six months on the passport.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

User avatar
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
Posts: 11348
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 3062 times
Been thanked: 4289 times
Gender:
United Kingdom

Re: UK Passports after Brexit

Post by HEPZIBAH » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:14 am

Dusak, it was that sort if scenario that partially prompted me to post this information when I came across it last night.

I also recently got shot down in flames, elsewhere. I migbt add, when someone asked how many months they should have left on their passport when travelling to a certain country. I was told I was wrong, even though I supplied my source of information - the visa section of that countries consulate page. They were also not prepared to even consider any changes Brexit might make to the situation, althougb I thought, given the time periods we wefe discussing were relevant.

Forewarned is forearmed, as they say. ( Who amongst us wouldn't have liked to have been better forwarned about all the Brexit implications?)
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Posts: 7049
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:49 am
Has thanked: 2031 times
Been thanked: 5946 times
Egypt

Re: UK Passports after Brexit

Post by newcastle » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:06 am

Dusak wrote:I'm in a bit of a quondery as to when to renew mine. It runs out on the 15th of March 2020. I was going to renew on line May this year after getting back from my hols, but reading this link, I may be better leaving it until the end of this year, say October. But, the uncertainty concerning the final issue dates of the visa here, may, or could, give me problems if I get a kick out then, taking into consideration I could wait weeks before getting a visa stamp with less than six months on the passport.
The problems associated with passport validity/visa for Egypt are annoying - but unaffected by Brexit.The
UK isn't changing its rules and the article is only of relevance if you may be travelling to one of the European countries mentioned.

User avatar
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
Posts: 11348
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 3062 times
Been thanked: 4289 times
Gender:
United Kingdom

Re: UK Passports after Brexit

Post by HEPZIBAH » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:09 pm

newcastle wrote:
Dusak wrote:I'm in a bit of a quondery as to when to renew mine. It runs out on the 15th of March 2020. I was going to renew on line May this year after getting back from my hols, but reading this link, I may be better leaving it until the end of this year, say October. But, the uncertainty concerning the final issue dates of the visa here, may, or could, give me problems if I get a kick out then, taking into consideration I could wait weeks before getting a visa stamp with less than six months on the passport.
The problems associated with passport validity/visa for Egypt are annoying - but unaffected by Brexit.The
UK isn't changing its rules and the article is only of relevance if you may be travelling to one of the European countries mentioned.
Ok...so it's not a process I'm faced with so can't write with experience or conviction...but surely it could have relevance to UK passport holders if in the process of renewing their Egyptian visa/ having to do a 'visa run'.

Please bear in mind I've not had a decent sleep in weeks, or enough coffee today, to process more than the fact that it's Wednesday.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Posts: 7049
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:49 am
Has thanked: 2031 times
Been thanked: 5946 times
Egypt

Re: UK Passports after Brexit

Post by newcastle » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:28 pm

HEPZIBAH wrote:
newcastle wrote:
Dusak wrote:I'm in a bit of a quondery as to when to renew mine. It runs out on the 15th of March 2020. I was going to renew on line May this year after getting back from my hols, but reading this link, I may be better leaving it until the end of this year, say October. But, the uncertainty concerning the final issue dates of the visa here, may, or could, give me problems if I get a kick out then, taking into consideration I could wait weeks before getting a visa stamp with less than six months on the passport.
The problems associated with passport validity/visa for Egypt are annoying - but unaffected by Brexit.The
UK isn't changing its rules and the article is only of relevance if you may be travelling to one of the European countries mentioned.
Ok...so it's not a process I'm faced with so can't write with experience or conviction...but surely it could have relevance to UK passport holders if in the process of renewing their Egyptian visa/ having to do a 'visa run'.

Please bear in mind I've not had a decent sleep in weeks, or enough coffee today, to process more than the fact that it's Wednesday.
Don't get your knickers in a twist :lol:

Of course Brexit, and the passport consequences, affect anyone doing a visa run to Europe. But I can't see how it affects renewing your passport if you reside in Egypt and the need to allign that process with getting your Egyptian visa sorted.

Which is why my response was directed at the response of Dusak who, in any case, as far as I know, has developed a taste for Thailand. Of course he may decide to visit MT in which case the article will be pertinent to him. :lol:

User avatar
crewmeal
Top Member
Top Member
Posts: 594
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:54 am
Location: Birmingham UK
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 252 times
Gender:
United Kingdom

Re: UK Passports after Brexit

Post by crewmeal » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:21 am

Good luck with Thailand, according to the news Bangkok is more polluted than Cairo.

There was an interesting article on electronic visas on Rip off Britain - Holidays the other day stating one should always use the official government visa site rather than ones that claim to do it for you.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06xlj1l

This site maybe useful to some regarding travel

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00wck32/clips

User avatar
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Posts: 5874
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 2:29 pm
Location: LUXOR
Has thanked: 5895 times
Been thanked: 7328 times
Gender:
Thailand

Re: UK Passports after Brexit

Post by Dusak » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:46 am

Yes, going back to Pattaya for a month March/April. Pollution not too bad there, lower than here.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
  • UK Passports after Brexit
    by HEPZIBAH » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:21 pm » in Politics and Religion
    12 Replies
    946 Views
    Last post by FarleyFlavors
    Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:50 am
  • Wardens update-passports and anniversaries.
    by Dusak » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:21 am » in Living in Luxor
    7 Replies
    117 Views
    Last post by Dusak
    Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:38 pm
  • Brexit
    by carrie » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:26 pm » in Politics and Religion
    64 Replies
    2376 Views
    Last post by thebian
    Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:38 pm
  • Brexit..
    by Who2 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:06 pm » in General Discussions and Rants
    6 Replies
    276 Views
    Last post by HEPZIBAH
    Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:06 pm
  • Another Brexit song
    by Horus » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:38 pm » in Just 4 Fun
    4 Replies
    1300 Views
    Last post by Horus
    Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:32 pm