Hurghada

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: Hurghada

Post by newcastle »

HEPZIBAH wrote:
A-Four wrote:Interesting information you have here Assade, I can also add to this which has just come off the Reuters tape here in London.

Apparently it appears that all though Mr John Cooper was retired, his wife Susan was in fact employed, you are not going to believe this, but,..........by Thomas Cook travel agency. Pressure was brought upon the chief executive of the company Mr Peter Fankhauser to act, and yes, yesterday the s*** really did hit the fan. Within 24 hours the whole incident has been taken out of the powers of the local governor, and is now in the hands of the attorney general. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall during the meeting with the Egyptian Tourism Minister.

The results of the postmortem will be given early next week. There is also other info coming out that I'm not too sure of so will not comment, just I case some retired old school mistress brings out a red marker pen, simply because she can not believe what is new evidence, and would rather live in the past.
'...which has just come off the Reuters tape here in London.'

If that is the case then Reuters tape must have got stuck somewhere on its way. :roll:

'... Susan [Cooper] was in fact employed, you are not going to believe this, but,..........by Thomas Cook travel agency.'

It was made known very early on that Susan Cooper worked for Thomas Cook in one of their Travel Agents.
And in the latest developments which I have exclusive access to, I can reveal....I kid you not....that two Britons have died in very mysterious circumstances in a hotel in Hurghada.

Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

People are only commenting that your breaking news is really old news, at least a week old at least.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Its just said on Skye News the diseased will be repatriated to the UK next week, following further tests.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Major Thom wrote:Its just said on Skye News the diseased will be repatriated to the UK next week, following further tests.
Hope it's not catching, whatever it is.
Will they be put in quarantine?
;)
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Shigella
Shigella bacteria Shigellosis is an infectious disease caused by Shigella. The Shigella germ is a family of bacteria that can cause diarrhea in humans. People with shigellosis shed the bacteria in their feces. The bacteria can spread from an infected person to contaminate water or food, or directly to another person. Getting just a little bit of the Shigella bacteria into your mouth is enough to cause symptoms.

Sources Contaminated food or water, or contact with an infected person. Foods most often associated with Shigella outbreaks are salads and sandwiches that involve a lot of hand contact in their preparation, and raw vegetables contaminated in the field.

So using one's hands to wipe ones backside, Not Good!.... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

Who2 wrote:Well let's all look on the Bright -Side:..... 8)
phpBB [video]
I think the Grim reaper is working in Passport control in Egypt these days playing out that role. :cg

The Grim reaper came to me once, but said. "Just Kidding.. :D ... Not today Sunbeam, not today".... 8)
Assade
United Kingdom

Post by Assade »

----Egypt has promised there will be no cover-up over the sudden deaths of John and Susan Cooper at a Red Sea resort hotel, as Thomas Cook, their tour operator, remained barred from accessing the room where they became ill.......

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/ ... sea-resort
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Typical Egypt Assade, say one thing and do another. While Thomas Cook are kept waiting a tarpaulin has dropped over the accommodation. Seems typical to me. They run the Country like a Company with no Human Resource department. Let them get on with it is my thinking they will only damage the place further...
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Maybe they did things differently in your days in the police MT, but isn't it "normal" for a crime scene to be sealed off until experts can carry out a thorough investigation?

I can't imagine the authorities want TC, or anyone else, wandering about in the deceased guests' room until all necessary tests etc have been performed by suitably qualified people...particularly with the deceased's daughter claiming there was something fishy about the room in question.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

5 Star hotel, Breakfast anyone ? .... 8)
Ps: Isn't it normal for a crime scene to be sealed off until experts can carry out a thorough investigation?
Sophocles.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Personally, I believe the the fault lies with Thomas Cook.
They had checked this hotel out only two months previous, One only has to read the
true low marks on Tripadvisor to see that there was health faults before and after TC gave them a 'clean bill of health.
We all know that 'bakshesh in the right hands can give anyone a 5 star rating.... 8)
Ps: Check tripadvisor since the problems, lots of dubious 1st time posters still giving 5 stars.
Sophocles.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

Backshese or or advanced warning of an impending inspection ? :tk

Then back to business as usual once the inspection is over.

I once walked out of a dining establishment in Luxor one evening, after I went to the toilets to wash my hands before my meal and saw the chef walk out of the cubicle after making a deposit and walk straight out of the toilet and into the kitchen.

Of course, a well cooked steak is probably safer to eat than a bowl full of salad regarding bacteria. Its one of the reasons I have not gone vegetarian. :cg

when asked How I like my steak, I reply. Next to the other one... 8)
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Went swimming at the Etab/Etap/Luxor hotel one day and about 10 am the chefs started putting out food for a buffet by the pool. Fair enough it was all in those metal container things with lids, but it was one o'clock before the guests arrived for their meal. Obviously a coach party, no way would I have eaten that food.
crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by crewmeal »

It seems that the authorities fumagated a room with chemicals that are so dangerous that they are banned in the EU. This seems the most logical explanation for the deaths of these poor unfortunate people.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/pest ... -zb5v0s9jp
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

crewmeal wrote:It seems that the authorities fumagated a room with chemicals that are so dangerous that they are banned in the EU. This seems the most logical explanation for the deaths of these poor unfortunate people.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/pest ... -zb5v0s9jp
Sounds a possibility.

Friends of mine had their apartment in Sahl Hasheesh fumigated by " professionals" after an invasion by cockroaches. God knows what they used but the apartment remains unusable 8 months later. The smell is still distinctive and gives you a headache even after short exposure.
Assade
United Kingdom

Post by Assade »

Thomas Cook has confirmed a British tourist died while holidaying with the operator in the Red Sea resort of Hurghada last week.

Eyewitnesses told The Sun the woman was on a dolphin-watching tour before riding an inflatable “banana boat” back to the shore.

However, she became trapped underneath the boat when it overturned and later died after efforts to revive her were unsuccessful.

A Thomas Cook spokesperson said: “We can confirm that one of our customers sadly died last week while on an excursion in Egypt.

https://www.ttgmedia.com/news/news/thom ... 20Bulletin
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

When I first read this I took it there was a boat full of bananas being transported and she had been on the boat getting a lift. Now I realise or think I do, the banana boat was one of those things that normally get towed behind a speed boat.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

I always think that Bananas are shaped just like Dolphins..
One is designed to live in the ocean, the other is not... 8)
Ride a Dolphin, eat a banana, a great source of potassium.. :up
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

E. Coli hmm... 8)
Sophocles.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

If the 2 Brits died from EColi why was it not picked up at the Post Mortam supposedly carried out in Egypt?