Oh my dear!

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Oh my dear!

Post by Major Thom »

We seems to have cheats here too, in the free Mag I read a lady died 5 years ago and her husband has been claiming her Pension all that time, because they were under state pension age, medicare here has to either be paid for or you need insurance, he apparently went back to the UK 18 months ago for a free operation. The authority found out via Passport control and Life Certificates,and he is now locked up, the money is to be paid from his estate which is now to be sold. Would you believe it? Now its the liability of the funeral arranger to tell the Local/UK authorities, or be responsible for all expenses. Thank god for that, if anyone else tries it, or is doing such a thing it will make them think again. I also think the Life Certificate witness is also in deep do do!!

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Oh my dear!

Post by Dusak »

You should carry on the Luxor campaign and report any you are suspect of cheating. :urm:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Re: Oh my dear!

Post by Major Thom »

Must admit "D"it could be tempting :lol: But to be honest with you I just cannot be bothered, I have far too many things of greater importance. Plus the fact I am a Cypriot Tax payer and have nothing to do with tax and benefit cheats in the UK anymore.Meaning they can do what they want because I am not subscribing to the fraud. Here this type of thing has really be tightened up due to the fact they have a pact between the two Countries, that is another reason why I could not understand this fraud went on so long.

I was however amazed that this person could get away with it for so long because we get life certificates sent to us every 3 or 4 years. Probably even more frequent now the HMRC have nothing to do with taxing my income any further. If in the UK I would be paying Tax on earnings over 12000 at full rate, here I can earn 17500 before paying tax at 5% so it makes sense to pay for the amenities where you live.

Public roads, lighting, and maintenance are kept under control and we have two rubbish collections a week, and one recycling collection each week, which I am led to believe is even better than the UK.