LHR Terminal 2 baggage problems

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

LHR Terminal 2 baggage problems

Post by crewmeal »

I flew to Luxor last Friday Business class for my 5 week stay. After checking in I found the baggage belt system had broken down for all who use T2. My bag was dumped on the floor adjacent to others. Asking what the problem was I was advised the system had failed for the past couple of days and that our bags would be delivered to the aircraft by hand.

After boarding the Captain advised that there would be an hours delay due to weather and baggage problems. After 2 hours he announced that 250 yes 250 bags had failed to arrive. So we got going after 2.5 hours routing via Belgium and northern Germany instead of the French route.

After arriving at Cairo we were told we,d missed the connection and would be transferred to the morning flight. Those affected eventually got to The Meridan 2 hours later. (No bags of course) The poor receptionist had a hard time dealing with us and we were eventually given our Egyptair customary dinner consisting of cheese and beef.

Next morning we checked in for the flight to Luxor and it was only at the departure gate we were told our bags were on the flight. Whether they travelled separately or on the night flight which was also 2 hours late leaving I will never know.

Now a few pointers here. I’ve always been led to believe that baggage had to accompany the passenger for security reasons ( The Russian aircraft disaster at Sharm comes to mind) Also how can you fit 250 extra cases on a full 737. It beggars belief, Secondly if catching that 3.30 flight on Friday always carry extra toiletries just in case.

Now Business class. On their London flights they don’t carry wash bags anymore. The service was below standard because what was offered was the same in economy except the china table cloth and glassware. I guess people pay extra for the leg room so they can sleep. Not that I did planning what do if my bag wasn’t loaded.

I also note that yesterday’s 778 was also 2 hours late leaving.

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Re: LHR Terminal 2 baggage problems

Post by Who2 »

Just got an email from my daughter Simona, she's just flown to Cuba and her luggage is in Toronto,
She said "oh! well, I'll just have to go naked, 'that's ma girl..... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.