I was going to be on TV [not] then it got ''postponed''

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

I was going to be on TV [not] then it got ''postponed''

Post by Dusak »

Missed my chance of TV stardom, the two chicks with attitude posted on FB that a TV company had contacted them to organize ex-pats and tourists for an interview on the security and safety of Luxor for the visitor to be held at the Luxor rowing club with their shout out of ''lets make Luxor great again!'' But unfortunately the Egyptian TV company has had to cancel until further notice as the director/interviewer has developed a very nasty cold, [about three hours after posting the call to arms] A new appointment will be made in the future they have been told. I doubt it. May of been a success if they had been interviewed about their fifty cats [photo's posted on FB] and collection of dogs they have. I recon that's about four kilos of dog and cat dumps per day. Wonder where it all ends up?

Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: I was going to be on TV [not] then it got ''postponed''

Post by newcastle »

I assume you've put away that nice matching outfit you had made out of the flag.

Never mind....it'll come in handy for the grand opening of the Sphinx Avenue.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

If I'm still around when that long time awaited monumental cockup ever see's a grand opening, I will wait after the event to go and see it. Here, no publicity is the best publicity.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Any free T-shirts going ?........ 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Who2 wrote:Any free T-shirts going ?........ 8)
Only ones with " FCUK" and " SISI" emblazoned on front and back.

Wear at your own risk.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Only XXXXL
newcastle wrote:
Only ones with " FCUK" and " SISI" emblazoned on front and back.

Wear at your own risk.
Sometimes it better to give just a silent like :lol:
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Maybe an intended security round up "D"
Adamantium

Post by Adamantium »

Perhaps not appearing on TV criticising Egyptian society was better for you. I was googling 'Tourists and Egyptian jails' to see how common it is when I came across the case of the Lebonese tourist Mona El-Mazboh. She was arrested at Cairo Airport in June arrested for making a video that criticised Egyptian society. She particularly focused on sexual harassment a common problem for tourists of both sexes but more prevalent with women. She made a video outlining this malady of the Egyptian male. She spoke of being harassed by taxi drivers and young men on the street. She further complained about about her property being stolen on 31st May 2018.

Originally sentenced to 8yrs she had it reduced to one year suspended. It is a shame these measures are taken because someone had outlined a common problem or two. Are people then to be silenced? The internet is flooded with such reports. It is only through people having a voice the men of Egypt will get the message and work towards change. In arrested a woman for self expression puts across the wrong message. It is blaming the woman for a problem the men of Egypt are guilty of.

I recently read of Moses and the Hebrews war against the Medianites. All of the women were murdered along with all the males including boys. Only virgin females were permitted to live. The other women were murdered. Why? Because they seduced the Hebrew men. No blame was put on the men. It is all because women are attractive.

Mona highlighted a common problem. Egyptian TV shows have been found to criticise minority groups demonizing them these groups including the LGBT community and Atheists.

Egypt took a mighty leap forward with the revolution. Now they take an almighty step backwards. From the revolution there came horror stories of women being raped. One women was beckoned by a man she thought was trying to take her to safety away from the affray. She was then gang raped. It was a horror story.

The message of this case seems to be if you are a female tourist and face constant harassment say nothing. If you are a tourist and fall victim to thieves don't make your complaints public or you could end up banged up abroad.

The Men of Egypt need to be educated before the nations men get as bad as India. In fairness it is a minority who are the worse culprits however a lit of men will flirt. It is when line is crossed and flirting turns into sexual harassment as is the problem.

I know from people in the souk usually sellers of scarves take a chance to cop a feel. They hold the scarf in such a way one hand wraps it around her shoulder while with the other hand they cop a feel of breast.

There is also the case of the singer who was arrested for making a sexy video. Admittedly it left little to the imagining so banning such a video is acceptable as it portrays the singer as a sexual object and so accentuates the image of women being up for it all of the time. At the same time the way the men behaved in the video spotlighted typical male behaviour so it could been seen to be projecting normal acceptable behaviour.

The bottom line is the Egyptian Government don't want you to make videos on Facebook criticising the Country as they argue it has a negative affect on Egyptian society. This common problem has a negative affect on tourism especially female tourists. She expressed an opinion. It was not slander. It is a common felt opinion and making people aware of it may affect tourism more than Egyptian society. Egyptian men need to educated then female tourists will feel safer and more comfortable visiting Egypt.

But there are also the Gigilos. The women who come to Egypt looking for romance has these men label most female tourists the same or at least singletons. It is a minefield either way.
Last edited by Adamantium on Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by crewmeal »

You could alway palce an order for this t-shirt

https://www.spreadshirt.co.uk/suck+my+r ... t-D5072202
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus