Egypt Tourism Promotional Campaign to Begin February

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Egypt Tourism Promotional Campaign to Begin February

Post by Winged Isis »

Egypt tourism promotional campaign to begin February
By: Egypt Today staff Fri, Jan. 19, 2018

CAIRO – 19 January 2018: On the sideline of the Vitor international tourism exhibition that was held in Madrid, Spain, Egypt’s Authority for Tourism Development is organizing a promotional plan for rebuilding a new touristic policy with many countries like Spain and Latin America.

This campaign will be organized by the Egyptian authority from the second half of February 2018 to April 2018, which will play an important role in attracting Spanish tourism to Egypt and maintaining Egyptian tourism in the Spanish market through the following steps.

Egyptian Authority for Tourism Development’s agreement with Egypt’s Orthodox Church:

Hesham El Demiry, head of the Egyptian Authority for Tourism Development, has agreed with representatives of Egypt’s Orthodox Church in the presence of Giza Governor General Khaled Fouda to discuss the best promotional campaign for marketing the Holy Family’s path in Egypt after it had been a part of the Vatican’s pilgrim program.

Meetings with tour organizers:

The upcoming promotional plan includes holding meetings with Spanish travel agents and tour organizers to showcase all the security procedures taken and the well-organized preparations for receiving tourists from all over the world.

Also in this step, the Egyptian Authority for Tourism Development will team up with travel agents in Spain to maintain Egypt’s presence in the Spanish market and attract Spanish tourism to Egypt.

Promoting Egypt’s touristic places:

This step of the upcoming campaign includes promoting the most attractive places and resorts in Egypt, especially New Alamin City, the New Administrative Capital and historical places in Old Cairo.

The head of the Egyptian Authority for Tourism Development confirmed that it is necessary to promote all sides of tourism in Egypt, including religious tourism, therapeutic tourism and cultural tourism, which all attract Spanish tourists to Egypt.

He asked the Spanish authorities to edit and reorganize all travel instructions dedicated to their tourists by including Egypt’s historical and monumental places in the travel and tourism programs, as the instant guideline is considered to be a great problem stalling Egypt’s tourism movement.

Carpe diem! :le:
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Re: Egypt Tourism Promotional Campaign to Begin February

Post by Major Thom »

I have just read an up to date advertisement for Nile Cruises, made me cry with laughter.

All the stopping places and the route, the fact its full board then it went on to say what is not included, that list as following,

No Airfares included
No visa fee's included
Souvenirs not included
Gratuities not included to staff and captain
Alcoholic drinks not included
The price will alter according to public and faith holidays No mention of how much extra or rough cost. Suppose it depends on inflation and price rises
The price will be determined at the time of booking and then confirmed No mention of how much extra or rough cost. Again suppose it depends on inflation and price rises.

Not very good advertising at all, normally you can pick up a brochure in Europe and get a definite cost all season long. Think this needs looking at because they may get a few inquiries but without set prices don't think many will inquire. People budget for a holiday from one year to another, and need to know prices not airy fairy and unstable holiday adverts.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Major Thom wrote:I have just read an up to date advertisement for Nile Cruises, made me cry with laughter.

All the stopping places and the route, the fact its full board then it went on to say what is not included, that list as following,

No Airfares included
No visa fee's included
Souvenirs not included
Gratuities not included to staff and captain
Alcoholic drinks not included
The price will alter according to public and faith holidays No mention of how much extra or rough cost. Suppose it depends on inflation and price rises
The price will be determined at the time of booking and then confirmed No mention of how much extra or rough cost. Again suppose it depends on inflation and price rises.

Not very good advertising at all, normally you can pick up a brochure in Europe and get a definite cost all season long. Think this needs looking at because they may get a few inquiries but without set prices don't think many will inquire. People budget for a holiday from one year to another, and need to know prices not airy fairy and unstable holiday adverts.
I don't see anything too odd with the holiday information above. Many holidays are advertised with a basic cost and then you have to determine and add on extras. Of course, I do still take the information above with a pinch of salt considering who has presented it, and the clear normal agenda. How much more believable it would have been if a link had been provided to the original source, or at least the name of the company advertising this holiday.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Hafiz
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Hafiz »

The Tourism Authority/Ministry are fools.

Spain is still in an economic crisis. That means the great unwashed don't have the money/job security to do a cheapie to Egypt. In any event the current market is small and the rich Spanish would go elsewhere following the Egyptian Governments inflexible policy of attracting high volume, low cost, low profit mass tourism - which is little interested in other than the coast and alcohol.

Why they wasted money in Spain and not go to China and India is beyond reason - except if you use the pervasive logic of this Ministry.

Their idea that the New Administrative Capital might be a tourist visiting location defies both logic and sanity. Only cretins would be interested in that ugly, dusty building site (with no conveniences) in the middle of a desert.

They also state an untruth. There is no Vatican Pilgrim Trail. The position of the Vatican on current arrangements and on the Coptic Church may not be absolutely public, but it is negative.
Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis »

Can't argue with any of that, Hafiz.
Carpe diem! :le:
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

After booking a holiday and putting my deposit down Hepzi I would not expect to be told later my holiday was going to cost more. The idea of putting down deposits and booking the holiday according to the brochure should finalise the total cost. It would not matter where I was going if someone put the price up between booking and paying my deposit I would back out. I have just received my tickets to see the Northern Lights, the price was the same as the brochure the Golden Circle and the Heated Therms and Glaciers were extra, this was stated in the brochure along with he cost, no other costs have been passed o such as inflation prices etc My cost was exactly has the brochure. What the Egyptian Authorities are saying a final price will be advised at a later date, according to Religious Dates and inflation, surely if you are offering a tourist event then you suck up these extra's not pass them on later. You do not go to the supermarket check out to find the sugar you purchased from the shelves has risen in price since you picked it from the shelf.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Where are you getting your information from MT, your quoting the Egyptian authorities, which Egyptian authorities and when did they start to sell holidays?
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

After booking a holiday and putting my deposit down Hepzi I would not expect to be told later my holiday was going to cost more. The idea of putting down deposits and booking the holiday according to the brochure should finalise the total cost. It would not matter where I was going if someone put the price up between booking and paying my deposit I would back out.
What MT expects and what is reality are two entirely different things. I doubt he's read the small print on any of his excursions.

It is standard practice for all tour companies to retain the right to increase the cost even after you've paid in full....to protect themselves against unforseen tax rises, fuel cost increases etc. etc.

Typically, they will absorb increases up to 2% and limit any increases to 10%. If the increase is unacceptable, you have the option to cancel.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

MajorThom's experience yet again seems to be different to that of others. Why am I not surprised!

Yet again, no link or information as to where we can check his example out for ourselves, even though requested.

I'm sure it would be lovely to live in an ideal world however, I live in the real world!
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Hot on the heels of sundry "celebs" extolling the wonders of Egypt - the Pyramids and little else actually - comes...I kid you not :

Tallest man, shortest woman in the world visit Egypt's pyramids in an attempt to help boost tourism in Egypt

Sultan Kosen, from Turkey, 34, the tallest man on earth according to the Guinness World Records, with a height of 246.5 cm ( 8 feet 1 inch), talks to Jyoti Amge, from India , 24, who holds the Guinness title for world's shortest woman with 62.8 cm (2 ft 06) tall,in front of the historic site of Giza Pyramids in Cairo, Egypt, on Friday, Jan. 26, 2018. Both were invited by the Egyptian Tourism Promotion Board to visit Cairo's most famous sites, in an attempt to help boost tourism in Egypt.

https://www.facebook.com/friendsofegypt ... gUTd0rnyrA

Can it get any worse? :st :st :st