A not very Happy Christmas

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

A not very Happy Christmas

Post by carrie »

Well I have had the worst Christmas ever, some time ago Dusak posted that he had been to the dentist, I too had a niggling tooth ache and swore that I would go to the dentist. After a few pain killers it went away and me being the greatest coward as far as dentist are concerned put it off.
Needless to say I ended up with an abscess on my tooth which was very painful. My Christmas lunch consisted of a poached egg with soft bread dipped in the yolk.
I did go to the dentist but there was nothing he could do till the abscess had cleared. Well Friday off I went, if anyone had taken my blood pressure when I got to the top of his stairs they would have rushed me into hospital. Why so fearful I don't know, Dr. Ferris is the kindest most gentle man I have ever met. I have been to him before and knew that but still.
Well now am well and fighting fit once more and am out tonight for a nice meal with friends but it has taught me a lesson, I hope, my New Years resolution is no more procrastinating.

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Re: A not very Happy Christmas

Post by DJKeefy »

I was really sick over Christmas and still not right (man flu), so missed going to stop at my friends and my brother :(
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Christmas??

Damn.....missed it again!

Can someone remind me next year.... give me a couple of weeks' notice and a reminder the day before....so I don't miss it again :up
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

There has been a lot of people getting sick with the Flu this Christmas, we were warned earlier on that this years outbreak of Winter Flu would be a bad one and so far they seem to be correct. It seems that most people you talk to have had a member of their family quite ill with it, luckily I have escaped it so far, whether that is a result of having had the Flu jab earlier this year remains to be seen.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

carrie wrote:Well I have had the worst Christmas ever, some time ago Dusak posted that he had been to the dentist, I too had a niggling tooth ache and swore that I would go to the dentist. After a few pain killers it went away and me being the greatest coward as far as dentist are concerned put it off.
Needless to say I ended up with an abscess on my tooth which was very painful. My Christmas lunch consisted of a poached egg with soft bread dipped in the yolk.
I did go to the dentist but there was nothing he could do till the abscess had cleared. Well Friday off I went, if anyone had taken my blood pressure when I got to the top of his stairs they would have rushed me into hospital. Why so fearful I don't know, Dr. Ferris is the kindest most gentle man I have ever met. I have been to him before and knew that but still.
Well now am well and fighting fit once more and am out tonight for a nice meal with friends but it has taught me a lesson, I hope, my New Years resolution is no more procrastinating.
Abstinence makes the abscess abhorrent.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.