Any info on Laura Plummer

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Any info on Laura Plummer

Post by Dusak »

Any info on what happened to the Cairo jailbird? Is she still caged? Has she been put up in front of the Beak yet? Or has she took flight? Can't find anything, or is it a case that she ruffled too many feathers to receive a front seat in the pecking order?

Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: Any info?

Post by newcastle »

Dusak wrote:Any info on what happened to the Cairo jailbird? Is she still caged? Has she been put up in front of the Beak yet? Or has she took flight? Can't find anything, or is it a case that she ruffled too many feathers to receive a front seat in the pecking order?
Do you mean the Tramadol carrier?

Still banged up in Hurghada as far as I know, awaiting trial.

I'm sure if she'd been released or deported, we'd have heard about it.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

I hear she's on a Weight Watchers course at the moment..... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

She's taking a crash course in Arabic.

Counting off the days to Christmas....sab'aa, sitta, khamsa, arba'a....
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Yes if she had been released there would have been a real thing made about it, to let people know how good and how forgiving Egypt is when information is scarce on the ground about medication you can bring in to the country, they could have made a good effort but instead chose to again go down the stupid route....
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

What's stupid about arresting a drug smuggler and holding her for trial, I would have thought being an ex police officer you would have been on the side of law and order.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

:tk ... when was the last time we saw a has...
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Tramadol is a powerful pain killer and perfectly legal in the UK where this Girl came from. Leading up to her arrest all I had heard was that Tramadol was being abused, I had never seen or heard that it was illegal in Egypt. However I did know you could not get it in Egypt, when my wife and myself moved to Egypt you could not get it then only from Dr's who got it in from Libya or the then peaceful Syria. Although it was unavailable, no one was told it was illegal. So as per usual another state where laws are made up and not widely advertised. Sorry but I think this girl is being used as an escape goat. What the hell would have happened if she had been caught with plastic ducks in her case? No reprieve straight execution. Incidentally Preglavex is the new pain killer taking over from Tramadol, its non addictive. So really I come down on no ones side, to me both sides have been lazy, and are in a state of stalemate. But knowing especially for women there is no justice in Egypt I expect this to become a political hot potato.
Just as a matter of interest can you still get Paracetamol?
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

but I think this girl is being used as an escape goat.
Let's hope she "escapes" before Eid el Adha then :lol:

Really MT....the furore over the abuse of Tramadol, and the widely publicised clampdown in Egypt on its availability, has passed you by :ni:

You really were...maybe still are....living in a world of your own :lol:
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Tramadol is legally available in Egypt, a friend who was in hospital and in pain was prescribed it by the hospital doctor. I received the prescription from him then had to go and see the Director of the hospital (International) to get him to counter sign it then to another office for a couple more stamps on the prescription then off to find a chemist who had it.

It is up to the individual travelling MT's GW, to understand and follow the laws of the country they are travelling to not for the government of every country to inform the population of the world what their regulations are. She must have known about the dangers of bringing in forbidden drugs into a country and if she lived in a little dream world as you seemed to have done her so called husband must have been aware, why didn't he tell her?
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Maybe the goat was chasing one of the plastic ducks, they're little ******'s for eating plastic waste. :eek
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Brian Yare »

I hope that MT has not been taking Codeine into Cyprus ...
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

I read a snippet on line last week that the court case was due to take place on Christmas Day (implication December 25th not January), but that it could be moved back by about a month.

Unfortunately, I have no recollection where this snippet was from eg newspaper article or a comment on a post on Facebook.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

I hope someone has smuggled in a message about Georgia who won "Get me outta here said
"Just say no to drugs, but being posh she didn't mind 'powdering her nose occasionally .... 8)
Ps: I am surprised at the views of law & order, what's the Country coming to ?
Sophocles.
Hafiz
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Hafiz »

Here is a completely ruthless, cynical view about expatriates arrested in foreign countries - for whatever reasons - but usually for sex or drugs.

Here is my view - Thank God they are locked up overseas at no taxpayer cost (to the Western country) and for a long time and wont come back to bring their chaos back to their homeland. Seems like the perfect resolution to a number of dysfunctional problems that all families have - at least with one or two members.

In particular cases where Australians have been arrested in Asia for sex or drug matters - and when the media goes into their backgrounds you wonder why they were not locked up ages ago in their own home countries and, also, why other bits of the media gets so sentimental about particular arrests without looking into their appalling backgrounds.

I'm not suggesting that there are not exceptions to this 'rule' - for example unjust arrests of innocent and virtuous persons - but who would believe Egypt capable of that?

In any event why is there an issue? Surely $US2,000 (if you can 'organize' it) solves most problems. Pardon the cynicism. Maybe all should be advised to get a 'good' Egyptian lawyer - all recent 'others' seem to have 'benefited' from this.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

In fairness Hafiz, I don't think this woman comes into the category of criminals the UK is well shot of.

She was just monumentally stupid/naive.

I'll make a prediction...

After several months (6 - 12) in custody ( with or without a trial) she'll be released and deported. Or any sentence will be covered by time served in custody...with the same result.

Maybe a hefty fine to sweeten the deal.
Hafiz
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Hafiz »

Newcastle - You get my general point - many tourists who get into trouble in third world countries - particularly sex and drug trouble - have 'form'. Maybe not in this case - but you know the full cv/associates/relatives of this alleged perpetrator.

I suspect your prediction will prove true.

Can I make a related point. As far as drug or sex matters the worst people are attracted to 'loose' countries to indulge themselves - because they know they can buy there way in and out for little money. Australian drug and sex tourism in south east asia has been appalling and about the only fact we know - if we know any reliable facts on this matter is that many - possibly hundreds maybe thousands or more - have been 'at it' over decades, although regularly arrested and 'got off'. The failure to imprison these people early - either in Asia or Australia - has created major problems at both ends - particularly for countries that are poor and where awful westerners can buy what they want - including from police. I make this only as a general point - and not about this case.
Last edited by Hafiz on Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Whatever the outcome of this or any other case, you do the crime, you do the time.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Dusak wrote:Whatever the outcome of this or any other case, you do the crime, you do the time.
Many a married man would agree with you ;)

Perhaps the words should be substituted for "Til Death us do Part" in the marriage ceremony :lol:
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Quote: She was just monumentally stupid/naive.
And probably still will be after her ordeal but a lesson learnt she won't forget.... 8)
Oh! God can't wait to see the Mail's release story on her, bet she gets a PR, Max Clifford would be good !
Sophocles.