Trump Tweets

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Trump Tweets

Post by newcastle »

Trump rarely tweets without causing a twitter-storm and his latest re-tweets of hate-inducing videos from the far right, racist group Britain First are no exception.

Moreover, he's a man who is simply unable to let any rebuke go unchallenged....hence his ill-tempered riposte to Theresa May's office's response "It is wrong for the President to have done this.".

"Theresa, don't focus on me, focus on the destructive Radical Islamic Terrorism that is taking place within the United Kingdom. We are doing just fine!"

Well....if you say so. :urm: How's the fight against gun-related killings going?

Of course his robust defense of the indefensible will go down well with his hardcore of sycophantic supporters - otherwise known as the 'deplorables'.

This is the man with whom Britain will be negotiating a trade deal with post- Brexit, which is why the government will not wish to escalate the fracas but I wonder for how long we are supposed to put up with his buffoonery.

That the videos have been widely debunked as misleading or fake seems of little concern to the White House.

White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Mr Trump was simply promoting border security and suggested that verifying the content was not a top concern.

"Whether it's a real video, the threat is real and that is what the president is talking about," she said.

You couldn't make it up. This is the man who is supposed to deplore "fake news"

Time to take a leaf out of Kim Jong Un's book and stick two fingers up at this travesty of a world leader.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Trump Tweets

Post by Dusak »

He is though, the most entertaining one they have had to date in the White House.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Don't know about entertaining he certainly is dangerous. How the USA ended up with a President who is so ignorant, racist, bigoted, I could go on, beggars belief and to think he is at sometime to be given the honor of a state visit to the UK. I am sure the Queen is not looking forward to his visit, :xx
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

I just wish someone would take his phone away from him.
Tweets are not an appropriate way for high ranking officials of any country to communicate, other than perhaps scrutinised and approved annoncements and official comments.

Ooops! The last sentence should have read '...and official comments coming out of a Press Office.'

Personally, I find the use of social media such as twitter by Public Officials totally inappropriate.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Withdraw the State Visit that'll dent his massive ego.
Anyhow Americans what can you expect Sylvester Stallone ?..... 8)
Ps: Mickey Mouse has more uptop...
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Who2 wrote:Withdraw the State Visit that'll dent his massive ego.
True....but it would also be viewed as a massive insult to US and its citizens..

So it ain't gonna happen. Britain simply can't afford to upset him/them - more's the pity - and why give Trump's cretinous action any more credence.

It's what he does. Probably best ignored now.

In any case, he's unlikely to take up the invitation to a state visit anytime soon. He may be an as*hole, but he's surely not so dumb as to expose himself to widespread snubs by everyone bar the government and palace. He wants adulation..which he's unlikely to get from the British public or press.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

newcastle wrote:
Who2 wrote:Withdraw the State Visit that'll dent his massive ego.
True....but it would also be viewed as a massive insult to US and its citizens..

So it ain't gonna happen. Britain simply can't afford to upset him/them - more's the pity - and why give Trump's cretinous action any more credence.

It's what he does. Probably best ignored now.
Disagree , We have a 'ginger minger Royal marrying a 'Septic. So forget 'carrot-top and concentrate on 'a Hollywood Dream a Yank marries a Prince... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Trump is probably waiting for the postman to drop a gilded envelope through the door containing an invitation to a wedding. It would kill two birds with one stone for him - complete his state visit and support a high profile American citizen as she moves to the awful country of the UK.
-Aldous Huxley
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

HEPZIBAH wrote:Trump is probably waiting for the postman to drop a gilded envelope through the door containing an invitation to a wedding. It would kill two birds with one stone for him - complete his state visit and support a high profile American citizen as she moves to the awful country of the UK.
He'll have a long wait then.

Meghan is on record as calling him divisive and misogynistic....and that was over a year ago.

Security issues normally rule out US presidential attendance anyway. Can't have the happy couple upstaged by hundreds of sunglass-wearing, gun-toting goons.

I suppose there's an outside chance that Melania could be invited....although how you do that without inviting him is an interesting conundrum for the palace flunkies to solve.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

newcastle wrote:
HEPZIBAH wrote:Trump is probably waiting for the postman to drop a gilded envelope through the door containing an invitation to a wedding. It would kill two birds with one stone for him - complete his state visit and support a high profile American citizen as she moves to the awful country of the UK.
He'll have a long wait then.

Meghan is on record as calling him divisive and misogynistic....and that was over a year ago.

Security issues normally rule out US presidential attendance anyway. Can't have the happy couple upstaged by hundreds of sunglass-wearing, gun-toting goons.

I suppose there's an outside chance that Melania could be invited....although how you do that without inviting him is an interesting conundrum for the palace flunkies to solve.
If we'd had a smilie for 'tongue very firmly in cheek' I would have most definitely used it. :-)
-Aldous Huxley
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

i think it is very sad that these days so many people in power use and believe in such things as tweets and Facebook, though it is much more sad to discover that people follow such comment by these people.

I hate to admit it, but I know so many friends and family who are involved with such things but I never fail to notice how often I am told they are sad about something written about them on Facebook etc.

I am so pleased to say I am not, and never will be part of this social media cr*p, which sooner or later will be gathered to give each individual a public profile available to everyone that perhaps the person in question would rather not let the general public know. :wi .
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

There are around 2 billion (and growing) users of social media.......including, incidentally, anyone who contributes to L4U. :)

In contrast, the number of Luddites is tiny (and diminishing).

Does living in a world of your own, or in the past, have any benefits? :lol:
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

newcastle wrote:There are around 2 billion (and growing) users of social media.......including, incidentally, anyone who contributes to L4U. :)

In contrast, the number of Luddites is tiny (and diminishing).

Does living in a world of your own, or in the past, have any benefits? :lol:
Correction....make that 3 billion!