A dream

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

A dream

Post by carrie »

Do you have a dream, to win the lottery, to find a new life partner, a new ideal home, for your kids to have happy contented lives, to visit a new country, or like me just for my sugar to grow more that 8 inches in a plant pot.
Or maybe to make my shopping list and remember to take it with me. :lol:

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: A dream

Post by newcastle »

None of the above.

I can never remember the substance of my dreams...they invariably make no sense and then are forgotten within seconds of waking.
Tullock

Post by Tullock »

I Dream there was some interesting content on this site , Not the moderators trying to open interesting topics and failing miserably
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

And what exactly do you do to improve the forum Tulloch? At least the moderators do try to encourage some new topics, whereas you just sit there like the lazy troll that you are and make snide remarks, so I have to agree, with people like you we do fail miserably. Perhaps if you find it so boring you should go elsewhere, you and your contributions, or should I say lack of them will not be missed, when did you ever post anything of interest? don't let the door bang your arse on the way out. 8) No doubt you lack the ability yourself to even put together a good thread let alone make a useful or interesting comment or you would have done so already, so you sit there lurking and waiting to be entertained by others, sado keyboard warrior springs to mind, all mouth and no trousers. As for your last prediction that Luxor4u Finishes in July? shows how much you know Tullock, tick tock, tick tock, get back under your rock and carry on watching your Sky TV we won't miss you 8)
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Tullock really as hit the nail on the head Horus, read your post and its comments, you are Admin. I would think that Tullocks post on here above your reply, is less inflammatory than your own post being an Administrator. So what now, Lock, Reply in an Abusive Manner or Delete, or await other posters to aid.
I had a dream a great one, a happy one, and guess what it came true.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

I dream that one day all those who look in daily, often more than once, would start or re start to contribute to the forums. Further, I dream that those who never have anything positive or constructive to share but post in a constant negative manner would just give up. I dream that those who appear to want to bring these forums down would just go away and forget about us altogether and allow us to forget them too.
Mostly these are day dreams. I snap out of them quick enough, remembering that I live in the real, but not ideal, world.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

If talking about the creating of dreams during sleep mode. I have to say that over the last six months or so I have had the most queer and unusual ones, and, my recall is excellent. If you mean having a dream of expectation, then all I dream for is the return of the good old times when a short trip to the visa office was all you needed to renew without fuss. As a dream to travel, well, I've never had the call nor the inclination, but now I dance to the pipers tune, visiting places that only hold a slight interest. As for the the other members lack of input, and the only like garnered, do you think it possible to have a sexual relationship in the virtual world? Or are they living in the ''cloud'' cuckoo land. :lol:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Major Thom wrote:Tullock really as hit the nail on the head Horus, read your post and its comments, you are Admin. I would think that Tullocks post on here above your reply, is less inflammatory than your own post being an Administrator. So what now, Lock, Reply in an Abusive Manner or Delete, or await other posters to aid.
I had a dream a great one, a happy one, and guess what it came true.
The job of forum Admin and Moderators is to reply to or remove trolls and trouble makers, those who only raison d'être is to cause trouble. It is easy to see who those people are, (and make the connections) ;) their posts are always negative and they do little but complain, they make no real input themselves, but want others to entertain them. Then there are people like yourself who just cannot let go, you pretend to speak the truth, but in reality you only repeat the things that most of us know or knew already about Egypt. When finally the scales fell from your eyes you became born again, all your thwarted dreams had turned to dust, all your bad decisions made you angry, the man who would be king had failed again. So what do you do next? Well instead of putting all your failures behind you and starting afresh, you keep picking at the same scab to try and convince everyone (including yourself) that you knew better and your dream had gone bad because of others when in fact it was you who failed miserably. Perhaps you could show this reply to your boaty forum friend and ask them why you still feel the need to keep giving us your daily moans instead of involving yourself in your local forum? I am sure that your literary skills would go down well with your fellow readers.
Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Yildez »

Here, here Horus! Or should it be hear, hear? Ad infinitum comes to mind. :urm: :urm:
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Administering a "Hitch-slap" to a troll is tempting....but ultimately futile.

Trolling posts should simply be removed. No explanation is necessary.

Those who persist should be removed. Again....no explanation required.

Repetitive posts by fools are a different matter. Perhaps they are a cross we all have to bear.....rather like inclement weather or a tiresome relative. What pleasure they get out of being constantly ridiculed is something a trained psychologist might be able to answer.

I think it's weird :lol:
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Any attention is better than none, lack of self esteem.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Newcastle, trolling posts are always removed, you just never see them. ;) The problem comes when a member starts trolling as you have to let them have their say, only then can you reply and put what they have written into perspective or counter their claims otherwise you get accused of censorship. :| Of course if they persist then other actions need to be taken, but I have always found it amusing that those who make the most vociferous posts about the forum being or becoming boring, actually make the least contribution towards making it otherwise. :tk
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Horus wrote:Newcastle, trolling posts are always removed, you just never see them. ;) The problem comes when a member starts trolling as you have to let them have their say, only then can you reply and put what they have written into perspective or counter their claims otherwise you get accused of censorship. :| Of course if they persist then other actions need to be taken, but I have always found it amusing that those who make the most vociferous posts about the forum being or becoming boring, actually make the least contribution towards making it otherwise. :tk
Point taken.

Personally, I'd have removed Tullock's post rather than respond.

Nor should moderators be worried about accusations of censorship.....as long as it's appropriate.

It comes with the job.

And no...I don't envy you the position :lol:
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

newcastle wrote:
Personally, I'd have removed Tullock's post rather than respond.
Tempting though it would have been to remove the post, it was a joint decision to let it stand.
-Aldous Huxley
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Quote: "Perhaps if you find it so boring you should go elsewhere, you and your contributions, or should I say lack of them will not be missed, when did you ever post anything of interest? don't let the door bang your arse on the way out....

It's stupid statements from a moderator such as this that makes me think I'm dealing with a prat, and my life is to short really to be arsed.... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

The feeling is mutual Who2, but I don't think it, I know it for a fact. 8) "Another beer please waiter" :wi
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

carrie wrote:Do you have a dream, to win the lottery, to find a new life partner, a new ideal home, for your kids to have happy contented lives, to visit a new country, or like me just for my sugar to grow more that 8 inches in a plant pot.
Or maybe to make my shopping list and remember to take it with me. :lol:
I am a dreamer. I listen to my dreams for directions and have had a few significant ones lately - messages from my subconscious self that show me where I am in life, so that I can choose where to go and when to stop. I am often told that I live a dream. It may be the dream of others to live like I do, to me it is reality.

Once I had run out of dreams, a dreamer without a dream, try saying that to an Egyptian. While looking for new dreams, I saw three shooting stars. Not believing that a shooting star entitles you to a wish, I wondered what would be my three greatest dreams. It never hurts to ask yourself what you really want, peace on Earth, end of hunger etc. not being options. I took some time dreaming and there was no doubt.

My number one dream came true and is about, inshallah, to be repeated!

Dream number two sadly was broken and must be redefined!

The third dream seemed unrealistic, well it nearly happened twice this summer, but in my dream last night, I saw things clearly enough to, once again, resist. I am waking up, tempted to convince myself that it was just a dream and that my Mohamed, my Henrik and myself really are different and that it is simply a matter of choosing Copenhagen or East Bank, both of which would mean huge sacrifices, but you can always dream. I stay where I am, though I was so close this time. I cannot accept that it is now on top of my list of dreams. It is time to dream bigger!

To find some strength to move on, I went for a little walk this morning and came back with a linen cardigan that I had dreamed about for some time, hoping it would still be available this week when I returned from my latest dream trip, four beautiful dresses I dreamed about finding on sale, three pairs of very elegant boots from a Copenhagen brand which I have dreamed of trying for some years and two pairs of shoes from my usual Spanish dream collection. I could not choose, I want it all!

I need to find new dreams to follow, August usually brings lots of shooting stars.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

It's well overdue that the moderator needs moderating,
and if he resided locally I'd pop round and moderate him with a 'smack in the mouth.
It often brings one to one's senses, so Iv'e found....
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

:stp OK chaps. Enough of the strutting and posturing. Let's get back to the dreaming... or perhaps you are! :tk
-Aldous Huxley
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Who2 wrote:It's well overdue that the moderator needs moderating,
and if he resided locally I'd pop round and moderate him with a 'smack in the mouth.
It often brings one to one's senses, so Iv'e found....
Take no notice Hepzi, but permit me to reply to his pathetic threat:
George is your typical Cockney gob-shite, all mouth and no trousers, he believes his own BS about being a criminal and a hard man, the word ‘wuss’ springs to mind. Bosnia :))) :))) :))) he wouldn’t know an SLR if someone stuck it up his jacksie, go back to reading your adventure stories written by real soldiers and imagining that you are one yourself, I’ve seen more action in bed than you have ever seen, we still laugh at pretend heroes like you, still wearing your Yaser Arafat chequered scarf to look hard? :snig: