They Feel As British As Me

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

They Feel As British As Me

Post by Zooropa »

Im getting sick and tired of whiny immigrants from the EU here in the UK moaning.

They say its not fair that they cant vote and that they love this country and that they feel as British as me.

Yeah yeah, yawn, do you mind if i dont, no thank you, oh dear what a shame.

In the latest article ive come across from the British Brainwashing Corporation (The BBC to the deluded) they have decided that most have not applied for British Citizenship because they thought they would never have to.

Do me a favour and cut the crap.

I loved my ex wife, i didnt need to marry her but itsnt that the ultimate expression of love?

Strikes me that if you "love this country" and you feel as British as me then the equivalent expression would be to become a British Citizen.

They didnt do that, i would argue, because they were only here to live and work and they didnt need to.

Fair enough, all power to your elbow and all of that.

I worked for a technology company a few years ago that had a 45% immigrant work force.

We often spoke about the skills gap in the UK, most were engineers and lab technicians.

Most told me that they were here because its a better gig than back home where the pay and job availability were pants, they missed where they had came from and still considered themselves Polish, Lithuanian etc.

If they really loved this country then they would know that the chances of them being told to do one post Brexit are zero.

There was one Mupett interviewed saying that if there were any people too "disgusted" to vote then they should offer to vote on an immigrant's behalf.

LOL!

Which party would that be for i wonder?

After that vomit inducing suggestion id be disgusted with myself if i didnt vote.

So if anyone knows an immigrant that would like me to give them my democratically entitled vote, please tell them to pi** off.

I know that some members will be reading this with a sense of horror and outrage and that at this point i should launch into a bunch of disclaimers about valid contributions, not being anti immigration etc etc.

So i will leave a space below and just imagine that whatever it was that you needed me to say to that end that i actually did say it.

Ta.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: They Feel As British As Me

Post by newcastle »

phpBB [video]

What a load of fuss about nothing!!

It must have taken the BBC ages to dredge up a handful of immigrants who seriously want to vote in a UK general election. A third of our own electorate, on average, don't turn out.

Respecting British culture, laws etc is one thing. But acquiring citizenship? I doubt it....any more than the millions of Brits who live in Spain, France or Italy want to become citizens of those countries. It's sensible, of course, to integrate to a reasonable degree...it will make life easier for you.

Apparently I can become an Egyptian citizen if I'm prepared to deposit squillions. As if. I wouldn't be interested even if they paid me. I regard myself as British...living here as long as they'll have me...and as long as I want to.
Im getting sick and tired of whiny immigrants from the EU here in the UK moaning.
Sentiments shared, I suspect, by a goodly proportion of the natives of any country with a noticeable immigrant population. You should hear the Egyptians moan about foreigners!

If watching the BBC or reading their reports creates such angst....refrain! It's not good for your blood pressure. Surely you can get your fill of self-flagellation at a nearby S & M club?
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

The AJ news channel are showing a documentary shortly about the German governments recent decision to make available German passports to all German born Jewish people and their direct descendants that managed to escape the Holocaust. Is this like a belated prize for those that could run faster than the six million souls that were murdered in the camps? Pity that their German heritage was not recognized before this event took place. I personally consider this token gesture quite a sickening one.

As for the immigrants/migrants not wanting British citizenship, good choice, unless Britain wants to become the newest Arab state in fifty years time. I can just picture you Zooropa in your compulsory cream Galabeya, turban and long beard tottering along with your walking stick to the local Islamic State benefits office. :lol:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

When I was leaving for Turkey going through the usual checks at the airport, put my passport, Turkish visa and flight details in the little tray, off it shot, never mind put my bag and hand luggage in the next and then go through the pat down etc. When I got to pick my things up, the handbag etc. was there but no passport or paperwork. I asked the customs official about it and a search ensued. Next thing he said come with me and we approached this woman, he asked her if she had taken my passport, No. Can I look, she was most reluctant, she had my passport, the man gave it back to me and I said what about my papers, she had some papers in her hand, I asked if they were mine. No she was adamant, I snatched them off her and sure enough it was my papers. The security man then sent for his superior and they marched this woman off somewhere. All apologies to me and took me through the next check without having to be searched or anything.
She is Russian Madam, bad people Russians, thieves Russians, crazy people Russians, we should never let any of them into our country, she will never come here again. All the officials had to be told what had happened, you know what they are like here, everyone wants to know what's happening. Each and everyone of them expressed their dislike of Russians. Just goes to show that the old Egyptian saying that all the fingers on the hand are different doesn't apply to Russians. All people cant be put in a box and it said that they are the same some good some bad. Some good foreign workers in the UK some bad. Judge each one individually.
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

newcastle wrote:
phpBB [video]

What a load of fuss about nothing!!

It must have taken the BBC ages to dredge up a handful of immigrants who seriously want to vote in a UK general election. A third of our own electorate, on average, don't turn out.

Respecting British culture, laws etc is one thing. But acquiring citizenship? I doubt it....any more than the millions of Brits who live in Spain, France or Italy want to become citizens of those countries. It's sensible, of course, to integrate to a reasonable degree...it will make life easier for you.

Apparently I can become an Egyptian citizen if I'm prepared to deposit squillions. As if. I wouldn't be interested even if they paid me. I regard myself as British...living here as long as they'll have me...and as long as I want to.
Sentiments shared, I suspect, by a goodly proportion of the natives of any country with a noticeable immigrant population. You should hear the Egyptians moan about foreigners!

If watching the BBC or reading their reports creates such angst....refrain! It's not good for your blood pressure. Surely you can get your fill of self-flagellation at a nearby S & M club?
Im paying for this preachy BS - whilst i am il moan about it.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

[/quote]Im getting sick and tired of whiny immigrants from the EU here in the UK moaning. [/quote]

Possibly down to our different locations in the UK, and the various news we see or hear, but I'm getting sick and tired of whiny Brits moaning about immigrants.

[/quote]They say its not fair that they cant vote and that they love this country and that they feel as British as me.[/quote]

:lol: That made me laugh as my mind immediately turned to Egypt, and again whiny Brits.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

carrie wrote:When I was leaving for Turkey going through the usual checks at the airport, put my passport, Turkish visa and flight details in the little tray, off it shot, never mind put my bag and hand luggage in the next and then go through the pat down etc. When I got to pick my things up, the handbag etc. was there but no passport or paperwork. I asked the customs official about it and a search ensued. Next thing he said come with me and we approached this woman, he asked her if she had taken my passport, No. Can I look, she was most reluctant, she had my passport, the man gave it back to me and I said what about my papers, she had some papers in her hand, I asked if they were mine. No she was adamant, I snatched them off her and sure enough it was my papers. The security man then sent for his superior and they marched this woman off somewhere. All apologies to me and took me through the next check without having to be searched or anything.
She is Russian Madam, bad people Russians, thieves Russians, crazy people Russians, we should never let any of them into our country, she will never come here again. All the officials had to be told what had happened, you know what they are like here, everyone wants to know what's happening. Each and everyone of them expressed their dislike of Russians. Just goes to show that the old Egyptian saying that all the fingers on the hand are different doesn't apply to Russians. All people cant be put in a box and it said that they are the same some good some bad. Some good foreign workers in the UK some bad. Judge each one individually.
I couldnt agree more.

All the Tinkers, Tailors & Candlestick makers are fine.

Its the ones looking for jobs in Procurement that are dodgy :td